A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Puppets Puppets Puppets! for an Improvised Puppet Musical!  (Read 1368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandanak

I maded puppets!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2007 12:31:13 PM »

Hee hee hee! I made puppets. I am so excited.
My improv theater company in San Francisco is trying something new: a full-length improvised puppet musical. Neato! This came about largely because last year I was sitting around and suddenly thought -- hm. I'm gonna make a puppet. Made two, brought them to rehearsal, where everyone freaked out with joy. Flash to a year later; now I'm directing a whole show with them! So gosh dern it, I better make some more.

This is three or four of them that have been made, thus far--can't post pictures yet because I'm a longtime lurker but I'm slow to post (not for want of a huge backlog of crafts TO post). Marcel, the cheeky fellow in green and yellow, is the second of my two original puppets from last year. He really seems to be a hit with everyone.

Pictures pictures! Can't you just picture these guys singing and dancing?

(Update 2011 -- hahaha, I posted this FIVE YEARS AGO and *just* got PMed for, I guess, having some sort of off-craftster link? . . . that is kind of hilarious! Sorry guys, didn't mean to promote; I just wasn't allowed by Craftster to post any pictures then! ;o)  Here are the pics . . .

Along with lots of other inspiration, I made some of these puppets based on a series of nicely-made video tutorials here: http://hobbies.expertvillage.com/videos/building-a-moving-mouth-puppet.htm

AND, I'm working on some techniques outlined in "The Foam Book," by the guys at Grey Seal Puppets. (foam book, get it! it even has "yellowed pages." ahaha.) And let me know if you might have any other construction questions . . . I've really just started doing this, but I *am* learning fast.

Woo hoo! And have a great day.  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011 02:20:29 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To craft and to solve.
craftymumto2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007 02:16:04 PM »

I Love Poodle  he is  to adorable...  Awsome  Job by the way
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TSCARLETG
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007 04:21:49 AM »

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum but thought I would offer a great place to post your pics and even your site. www.puppetsandstuff .com
maybe you can get some inspiration. Your little guys are very cute. If you need some free patterns search and you will find them. "IF YOU SEW IT THEY WILL LOVE IT."  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007 01:43:01 PM »

Oh my gosh, those are hilarious! I absolutely adore them! That is going to be one fun play. It would be an improv group that would come up with that idea :b
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
mandanak

I maded puppets!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007 01:38:08 AM »

Thanks for the comments, guys!  Shocked)

I totally visited puppetsnstuff.com, and definitely watched some video tutorials by the guy who runs that site. Very helpful.

The show is open now, and I'm really really pleased and excited by how it's going so far. Four shows down, as of tonight; eleven more to go! Yeahhhh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To craft and to solve.
adadancer13

That urks my pickle!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007 01:08:33 AM »

Those are awesome! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftjunkie
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007 07:58:33 PM »

congratualtions... make money on something you love doing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Greek Yogurt Cake
Bakery Creates Croissant-Bagel Hybrid
How Much Do You Really Know About Girl Scout Cookies?
Does It Work?: Hostess Twinkie Maker
Brownies Get an Easy and Enticing Upgrade
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...