A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Om Scarf  (Read 21976 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomikpop
Tutorial Contributor

one monkey don't stop no show

knit happens

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005 10:43:28 AM »

i know, it's been awhile since this was posted. but i have some questions for ya!
i'm very new to this whole interfacing jazz. where did you get your lightweight interfacing? if it's a certain brand, which? & also, how stiff is it...does it move around as if interfacing wasn't sewn in? i'd love to back my scarf with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhythmgrl
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005 03:29:09 PM »

hey!  it was a fusible interfacing that i ironed on to the back of the knitted portion.  it wasn't any brand, i picked it up from my fabric guy in nyc.  sorry i can't help you out on that.  it looks like gauze, though, if that helps and it definitely moves as if there wasn't much of anything backing it besides the faux suede.  my intentions for facing it were really to help the piece lay flat before backing it.  if i find where i stashed the rest of it, i'll try and scan it and post a picture to give you a better idea of what it looks like.  i'll also take a look at the pellon website to see if they have something similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atomikpop
Tutorial Contributor

one monkey don't stop no show

knit happens

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2005 10:44:04 AM »

hey! it was a fusible interfacing that i ironed on to the back of the knitted portion. it wasn't any brand, i picked it up from my fabric guy in nyc. sorry i can't help you out on that. it looks like gauze, though, if that helps and it definitely moves as if there wasn't much of anything backing it besides the faux suede. my intentions for facing it were really to help the piece lay flat before backing it. if i find where i stashed the rest of it, i'll try and scan it and post a picture to give you a better idea of what it looks like. i'll also take a look at the pellon website to see if they have something similar.

you are too kind!! i wanted my scarf to lay flat before adding the back, which is the reason i asked about interfacing. i better just go to my local craft store and see if they have anything. i need it to be done asap! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dartfrog
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005 11:14:52 PM »

This is a really fantastically gorgeous piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-whynn-
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2005 09:38:14 AM »

wicked. i was totally going to make a scarf pretty mych just like that but different colors... very very very cool... i very much likey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2005 07:33:26 PM »

I'm so glad this thread came back to the top, because I wanted to let you know that I knit one for the birthday of a friend of mine, and she loved it.  She has an ohm tattoo and all that so it was quite perfect for her and I was so so so very happy to find such a perfect gift.  Thank you so much for the idea and the chart! I wish I had a picture of it to show you, maybe I can get her to take one.  Thanks again!!!

-Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la vie c'est patant
rhythmgrl
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005 10:52:36 AM »

I'm so glad this thread came back to the top, because I wanted to let you know that I knit one for the birthday of a friend of mine, and she loved it. She has an ohm tattoo and all that so it was quite perfect for her and I was so so so very happy to find such a perfect gift. Thank you so much for the idea and the chart! I wish I had a picture of it to show you, maybe I can get her to take one. Thanks again!!!

-Dawn

That's so awesome!  Thanks for letting me know Smiley  I would definitely love to see a pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005 08:27:44 PM »

thank you for this design and posting the chart! i made a beaded cuff from it that i love.  someday, i'll get a picture of it  Smiley the beads made it elongated, but it looks graceful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
stoliedina
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005 02:15:49 PM »

That's very beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
StephInTheCity
candy-coated crafter

Crafting is sexy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2005 01:58:19 PM »

I love that this came back up to the top, or else I never would've seen it--and it's way too cool to miss!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I was any more open, I'd be inside out.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dog Photo Tips
MBUK First Look Photoshoot
Photography Tips: How to Achieve Proper Backlight
Focusing in Close-Up Portraits
Brian Smith on Use of Lighting in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...