A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
781 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my new addiction (crafty_dame's gallery!)  (Read 15081 times)
Tags for this thread: atc , collage , stamp , patchwork , vinyl , alphabet , day_of_the_dead , vintage , dia_de_los_muertos , gnome  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 04, 2007 03:31:50 AM »

so apparently i should start a gallery....

i kinda figured i should post in the newbie thread first, but i'm too impatient to show everything at once to do that!

this was one of my first ATCs, the other has since been disassembled! i'm not totally happy with it, because the glue is slightly visible through the skeleton leaf. it's not really my style, but all the pieces just popped together as i sorted through my stash.
the yellow is handmade paper i got in a stash swap from skyra a few years ago, and the leaf came from her as well. the background is scrapbooking paper that looks like sand, and the upper right is vintage woodgrain patterned upholstery vinyl (i love it so much i have to save all the scraps!). then i added the brass sparrow and skull charms, because i think they're kinda like the life and death cycle in nature.

the next ones i made, the royal series.

i love this stamp, and i love the backing paper i used, it's so pretty. and i LOVE black rhinestones! a little bit of ink around the edges, and rub on words for embellishment. i changed it up a bit for the three i made a bit later, i cut the paper smaller than the actual ATC so that i could glue it to black paper and have a border. i couldn't figure out why the honour one looked so wierd to me until my mom pointed out that it was spelt wrong... duh, that's why! silly american craft supplies!   

i mostly just wanted an excuse to use another one of my stamps, and cause i was in a sappy mood.... fuscia pigment ink for the stamp and around some of the edge, pink rhinestone, and polka dots!

this one is a commemorative ATC, valentine's day 2007. it uses the black burlap paper, the red paper, the stamp and the image i used for a valentines card i made, and the shiny red is the foil from chocolates i got. the love in the upper left corner is a rub on as well.

isn't he cute? i LOVE gnomes, and my mom and i particularily love the travelocity gnome, he's freaking hilarious! plus, i like his coat, he looks very dapper (can gnomes look dapper?). i LOVE the commercial where he tries to prove the "myth" about american appliances in europe wrong "am i going to die?". (watch it here -http://www.marshu.com/articles/images-website/articles/travelocity/AmericanAppliance.mov)

i got these brads in a mixed set of red patterns, and thought the polka dots looked like those little fake mushrooms my grandma used to stick in her plants. then i remembered the plastic grass and everything came together (it's the same stuff they use for sushi! i have it in pink and yellow too!). i only glued the bottoms of the grass and the gnome, so it's a little bit 3d.

and the other day i finally finished my "what do you look like" ATC -

a purple vellum overlay with black pen drawing, black pigment stamping, and black pigment ink around the edges. the vellum is attached to the backing with a grommet, with ribbon looped through that says "identify". (identity would have been even cooler, but oh well. i found this ribbon at a random sewing store last year, and have been waiting to use it!) the pic's a bit dark, but the flash and the vellum took an instant dislike to each other.

under the vellum is a picture of me taken a few years ago that i played around with in photoshop and altered the colour. then i printed it out onto cardstock and glued it onto this paper i'm obsessed with lately - it looks and is textured like burlap! but it's black! i'm wearing huge false eyelashes in the picture, which is why the eyes drawn on the overlay are so dramatic.

i've got several others half finished, and 4 finished ones that i'm super excited about, but they're for a swap, so they're still secrets!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009 02:45:49 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
CraftyImperfections

Paper cuts and hot glue burns since 1985

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007 04:05:44 AM »

I love all your cards but I like the bird and crown cards the best!  Excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
Jazmine
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007 05:58:24 AM »

These are AMAZING, they are so cute!

My fave's are the ones with the crown on and the love one!

keep it up!

xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps with people from the UK.......when i have sent to the US my swapping partners havn't recieved! xxxx
Patti M

Formerly known as pjmclnj!

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007 06:28:16 AM »

I love the crow and crown series- sorry about mangling your english over here! I totally agree with you about the Travelocity Gnome- he is hilarious and that is my favorite commercial also! Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Favorites-http://www.etsy.com/people/pjmclnj/favorites?ref=si_fav
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pjmclnj
Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007 08:53:20 AM »

Fantabulous ATCs girl.  Your photo one is my fave!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
dani_gosick
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007 12:13:05 PM »

those are all really awsome... i love the little gnome... so cute... expecially with all the cool grass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007 12:17:21 PM »

I'm glad my arm-twisting worked!  Wink

I love the gnome! He's very dapper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007 02:16:09 PM »

thanks everyone!!

i have so many ideas for more ATCs....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
doe_eyes
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007 03:26:08 PM »

wow.. you're really good! i especially like the bird/crown series. such pretty colors...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm just a girl, doin' my own thing
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007 12:19:41 AM »

That gnome card is frickin' adorable - love the "mushroom" brads! I'm going to have to buy some red brads and see if I can paint white dots on them.  Grin

*chants quietly, "more gnomes, more gnomes"*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Makes a Great Photograph
Samsung NX100 Hands-on Video at Photokina 2010
Canon Multipurpose 4k Camera Concept
Nick Woodman Talks About the GoPro Cameras
Canon 7D Hands-on
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...