A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my new addiction (crafty_dame's gallery!)  (Read 14952 times)
Tags for this thread: atc , collage , stamp , patchwork , vinyl , alphabet , day_of_the_dead , vintage , dia_de_los_muertos , gnome  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007 06:48:51 PM »

just one left to be received for the movie swap! here's the one that has been received, and another i made for the hell of it.

The Incredible Mr. Limpet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058230/
i wasn't gonna do this one originally, but then i needed an excuse to justify buying the fishy brads! i used neat handmade paper that reminds me of the ocean, but it's really only visible on the back. the waves are blue vellum.

Sixteen Candles http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088128/
i kept this one, since sixteen candles was on the same list as mr limpet, and i thought it was too blah. but i liked the concept of it.

poor molly.

all the crap she's had to go through!

but look at the end result! aww!

for a personal swap...

you can't see the shades of the paper that well, but oh well. the outer is honeycomb textured, it was red, and i stamped all over it with an orange pigment pad, the next one is textured orange with lines, and the inner red is plain. the robot is a pic of a vintage toy. and i put red brads and star brads on it.

the Q and R for the P,Q,R swap.
Q is for quilt!!!
it's all fabric. i kept it fairly traditional log cabin, two shades of colour, with light and dark on each side. i didn't have a good red cotton handy to symbolize the hearth/fire in the centre of the cabin, so i used woodgrain instead. wood=logs=hearth!
you can kind of see the quilting on the back, i used wonder under to add the label after it was done.

r is for red, rhinestones and robot... the writing is the binary code for robot! the robot charm is held on with a brad, of course, and the charm is from a 1970s disney movie about robots, it says V.I.N.C.E.N.T. across it's front. the charm and the rhinestone printed paper came from www.sacredkitschstudio.com the fabulous mods helped me get the binary code, cause i'm not talented like that myself! too left brain!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 03:31:37 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007 08:30:14 PM »

That Sixteen Candle is awesome crafty! And I want it too, lol.  But nothing can beat my little Limpet man!  I'm going to try to buy it or at least rent it this weekend.

Thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
ms. mod
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007 06:44:23 PM »

beautiful!!!! i'm particularly loving the royal series and am obsessed with the bird/crown stamps you used, where did you get those? they are an absolute dream!  please let me know when you get a minute, i've been looking for a cool bird rubber stamp and i love that yours is wearing a crown, awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007 05:28:11 AM »

beautiful!!!! i'm particularly loving the royal series and am obsessed with the bird/crown stamps you used, where did you get those? they are an absolute dream!  please let me know when you get a minute, i've been looking for a cool bird rubber stamp and i love that yours is wearing a crown, awesome job!

Word to the wise. Purchase bird AND purchase crown. We're a bit crown crazy around here and you'll want to use it on everything, lol. I've read a few of your posts this morning. Don't think I ever said
WELCOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
ms. mod
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007 07:14:20 AM »

thanks for the welcome!  i am a self professed crown lover and have been known to stick them on just about anything, wings too, anyway it's nice to meet some folks who share my crown lovin' ways.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007 11:19:22 PM »

oh! i'm sorry, i forgot to reply! the bird and crown stamps were purchased at a local scrapbooking store, but i know stiffy found them on ebay as well!

the brand is autumn leaves, and they're gypsy style by rhonna farrer. here's an image of the full set - http://memoryvilla.com/product.php?xProd=4075&xSec=1

i haven't posted new ATCs in ages, i've been doing other crafting mostly, but i've got some to share!

this is one i made a while ago, but never posted. i was gonna use it for the alphabet p,q,r swap, but made the patchwork one instead. i sent it to teapotdnky last week, cause she loves her poodle!

blue vellum with the dymo word, affixed with a brad.
under the vellum is a sassy little poddle (from a vintage bridge score card), pretty pink and white polka dots and blue burlap textured paper.

and this is the last one i did for the movie atc swap, but it never got posted.

breakfast at tiffany's movie poster glued onto mirror like silver card that i'd stamped with black pigment ink before i glued it on. and then i added rhinstones!

the back had more stamping, and a diamond ring stamp.

these are more recent, i made them last month to send to people.
some bright ones for jMi, just for fun.

the paper reminded me of her! the initials have flocked stripes on them, and then i sewed vintage buttons on.

a vinyl applique card for taloola

i wanted something nature inspired, and when i found the printed twill tape, i knew what to do! the tree is woodgrain vinyl, and then i cut out a bunch of teensy little leaves and sewed them on as though they were falling.

and a poppy card for taloola as well

fairly simple, i mostly wanted to showcase the poppy button i'd gotten at a local quilt shop. the other buttons are all vintage, and the paper is this stuff that i'm completely in love with. i covered a book with it, and was so happy i had enough left to use for the card!

stifflersmom sent me the MOST AMAZING vintage snowglobe, it's from san fransisco with a moving cable car inside it and a nude mermaid on top! i adore it, so i made her a few atcs to say thanks!

snowglobe for stifflersmom

the image inside the snowglobe is of the moulin rouge. it's sandwiched between layers of acetate and paper, and the glitter inside moves just like a real snowglobe. i crumpled up the main paper and coffee dyed it, cause it was a bit too light. the suitcase brad was just for fun, to match the words!

and because she loves crows, i made her this one as well

the crow image is from a paper bag i got from an art store. it's called the upstart crow, and all their bags are stamped with a crow image. i used a different part of the bag to stamp the word crow with black pigment ink. i used the same pigment ink around the edges, though it wouldn't stick to the super glossy rusty orange paper.

this is my u is for umbrella for the alphabet s,t,u swap

i used to LOVE this technique! i used to make cards and stuff doing it all the time. i sandwiched crayon shavings and a little drink umbrella between wax paper and iron them together. trimmed it down to size, and attached it and the big U with a brad. the wax paper can be moved, and when you hold it up to the light you can see the umbrella much more clearly.

and my t is for tin for the same swap

i cut a pop can up and embossed it from the back. i prepared the backing card, and then punched holes in both the tin and the backing, and then i sewed silver vinyl around the edges so they wouldn't be sharp. i think it turned out really cool!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010 04:11:27 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007 11:21:15 PM »

I've missed your cards!

The poodle is very cool, and I love jMi's, and everything following that. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
craftydame

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007 11:24:44 PM »

thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007 07:29:10 AM »

I've missed your brillance girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
chihuahuamom
Chihuahuamom

I love my Chihuahuas!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007 09:01:22 AM »

Very nice cards. I love your gnome. He is too cute. Nice work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are here to create not merely survive...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
How To Rock The Heidi Roll Style This Spring
How To Make A Beaded Wedding Hair Accessory
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...