A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,306
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tank & Tube-top Along!  (Read 13252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007 06:33:09 PM »

bubblegirl - I'm on the stockinette portion of my lelah now.. I missed a yarn over really early on too! I couldn't be bothered to rip back  because the stitch definition in my yarn isn't that obvious, so I wasn't going crazy over it. But yeah, if it bothers you a lot, rip it out! Or you may never end up wearing it just cos of a yarn over that's missing (and it's too nice of a tanktop not to wear!)

I wish they sold cotton ease here, it looks so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supergingergenius
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2007 09:28:47 PM »

wow that's sooo pretty!!! i love the icy blue color you used. everyone's tops look so nice... i wish i had the patience to knit lace  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2007 07:34:54 PM »

Here's my finished lelah! It's a bit loose at the top, I think I need to tighten the elastic more.. But not too discouraging for my second wearable garment, didn't have to rip it out at least Smiley

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:42:07 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2007 07:47:15 PM »

Lelahs are so gorgeous! I wish I could knit one! It's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
ddefebbo
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2007 10:29:42 PM »

Great Job!  It looks awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2007 07:20:22 AM »

i dig all the lelahs. what a great pattern. i have it cued up in my to-do list but i wanted to get some practice in first (i haven't knitted in awhile).

so i am currently restarting sexie from stitch n bitch. i screwed up my stitch count the first time and ended up with this line of accents that stumbled all over the front of the shirt.

i have a two-week roadtrip with the ladies in my family coming up, i am hoping to get it done then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
b1znatch
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2007 03:19:02 PM »

neekie, what type of yarn is that? my lelah is a similar color, but i think i like yours better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2007 06:42:00 PM »

b1znatch - er hehe it's actually acrylic yarn.. I've no idea how much I'll sweat in it when summer comes around (it's winter here in australia, and i'm knitting tank tops  Smiley ) anyway it was about a DK weight, so I used size 8 needles for the lace and size 6 for the stockinette part, and I did 14 or 15 repeats of the lace so that it would go up to my hips. It was really quick! Maybe I'll make another one if I could get my hands on some nice cotton.. I feel like I want one in every colour now  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegirl
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007 04:58:28 PM »

Once I noticed my "mistake" I really slowed down on the knitting but after your encouragement I picked back up my Lillian Tank, went back a few more rows than I originally thought I had to and fixed it. Now I'm on the top stockinette portion back. Hopefully finish tomorrow or something. I've never made anything that you can actually wear so I'm not too sure how this whole back/front picking up stitches (nicely) and adding ribbing business works - lol - we shall seee...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 07:59:02 PM by bubblegirl - Reason: progress since » THIS ROCKS   Logged

steezah
gimme a beat and a bassline

get rich or die knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2007 01:53:51 PM »

instead of finishing up the two tank tops i have on the needles, i started a third.

oops.

aaahaha me too. beaded cami whut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Rubber Cement from Scrapbook Photos
How to Insert Refill Scrapbook Pages
How to Cut Scrapbook Photos
How to Create a Digital Scrapbook on Your Computer
How to Make Bumper Stickers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...