A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cool fabric stores???  (Read 2236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004 08:28:04 PM »

If you live in Charlotte, east about 30 minutes-one hour (depending on what part of Charlotte you're in) in Monroe (I can't remember the name of the street, you turn right off 74 when there is a Quincy's on the left) there is an awesome fabric shop called The Salvage Shop-- notions, buttons, great prints, vinyl, fantastic decorator fabrics, patterns, piles of rescued fabrics, lots of foam, ribbon, elastic... EVERYTHING. Vintage patches even... Love the place. Just make sure you take cash or checks with ya.

-Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
indiaromeo
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004 11:35:46 AM »

I keep meaning to check out the $7 fabric store on 15/501 in Durham - but it closes early and it quite out of the way - has anyone been there?

My mom lives in Durham and she swears by that place, but I've never been myself. I've seen some of the fabric she's gotten there - not too shabby.

Have any of you Chapel Hill/Carrboro folks been to Paisely & Co in Southern Village? From what I've been told, they carry specialty paper and specialty fabrics. I've heard good things, but I've never gotten a chance to go out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely things for lovely people: www.indiaromeo.com
Because MALL is a four-letter word: www.thehandmademark et.com
Handcrafted adornments for body & home: www.thehandmaidens. com
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004 07:11:07 PM »

dragornaked-- yeah ive been to those places before..the one on kerr like you said is more upholstery which is good for some things i make..sew much fun is ok..i wasnt too impressed...its all the same fabrics..nothing special...theres another place up the road which ive taken classes at, which again..nothing special..mostly boring fu fu flower crap..heh..sorry if you like that..ive pretty much explored all and my best bet is to still just buy wholesale...its easier and a hell of a lot cheaper...8 bucks for a yard?? hah..i cant do it..like i said if im desperate for odds and ends ill go to joanns..maybe youll have some luck at these places...thanks for the info though..where abouts are you in wilmington? im over in monkey junction area...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
dragornaked

handsoffassasta.net

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004 08:03:02 AM »

vicious,

Actually, I'm not too up on where to go;  I moved back to Wilmington for school and haven't had a need to buy any fabric for a while (I live in Forest Hills area of Wilm.).  The only "fabric" I've bought in town was a lace duster from the Bargin Box on Princess Place Drive that I made into a bolero for a drag queen and a small piece of upholstery fabric from the $8 place for a messenger bag.  I've never ordered fabric before, but know that I will mostly have to do so for stuff I'd like to make (corsets, shoes). From what places do you order wholesale?  What's been your satisfaction level with ordering fabric?  Is there a particular type of fabric or style of fabric that you prefer?   Just curious to know.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004 06:35:46 PM »

i havent had any problems yet with any wholesaler...i mostly look for fun retro-type fabrics..and vintage..ive gotten some stuff from michael miller and alexander henry..and i have some others on order now...i guess if the fabric jumps out at me i usually get it..i know a girl that works at the bargin box, or atleast did..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kate Torgovnick Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount Book Trailer
One Great Truth Book Trailer
Alison Larkin Talks About The English American
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...