A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,641
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shopping Cart Cover Pattern for Baby/Toddler  (Read 53932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HHH
No, not the wrestler.

Happiness is a warm min pin...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005 06:26:06 AM »

I ordered the pattern months ago and have made about 3 dozen or so, seems like everyone I know is having a baby right now! I love the pattern and really love the idea that it keeps all the snacks, toy, bottles in the cart. I have modified the pattern to include extra toy loops and a second pocket. I always sew a matching tote to store it in in your trunk. I use a fun cute flannel for the inside, there are so many cute prints out there today and it stays nice and soft for the kid. I use a denim or canvas that coordinates for the outside so that it'll hold up to the sometimes beat-up looking seats. I use a fleece binding tape around the leg holes so that it's softer on the kid. I also make a matching blanket from the flannel and attach a loop to one corner so you can attach it to the cover's toy loops. no more blankets on the dirty Walmart floor! My friend little girl loves the blanket and carries it around by the handle everywhere she goes.

My friends now call me as soon as they find out they are pregnant and let me know what colors/theme they want for their's! Here are two happy mom's with their seat covers.

Dancing frogs and trains flannel with bright green canvas. She swears by hers. Evan uses it one the high chair at home, makes for quick clean up and keeps the food out of all those little cracks and crevasse.

Lady bugs and daisies flannel with red denim. She wanted an extra large tote bag to go with hers so she can use it as all around bag too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005 06:34:47 AM by HHH » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for a Miniater Pinscher? Try a rescue pup!
http://www.minpinrescue.org/

My Blog: http://everythingholley.blogspot.com/
agpage
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005 05:48:40 PM »

Well down on page 7 of the google results I found:

http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/cart_cover.html

She even includes a template for your own measuring.  I have not tried it, but it is the only free pattern I can find. 

I'll admit, I like the looks of the ones off ebay much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2005 04:47:39 AM »

im so so bad...i bought my pattern from allison a long time ago and i started to make one,but then got confused and i put it someplace...i really want to dig that one out and finish or even start a new one..i guess with new patterns, i get scared ill mess it up...oohh maybe she can do like a instructional dvd too..heh...i learn so much better when i have someone available to ask questions, or show me tips...plus my confidence is better too..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Beantown
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006 06:18:46 PM »

I bought my cover from Allison today-can't wait!

Does anyone have pics of the finished project?  I like the 2 that were posted earlier in this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafting addict!

Visit my blog!
whitecalx
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006 03:42:35 PM »

http://crafts.sleepingbaby.net/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006 10:29:17 PM »

Now simplicity  has a pooh collection pattern out that has a shopping cart cover in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006 11:02:32 AM »

I ordered the pattern months ago and have made about 3 dozen or so, seems like everyone I know is having a baby right now! I love the pattern and really love the idea that it keeps all the snacks, toy, bottles in the cart.

So, I was just wondering how much fabric you would need to make this cover?  And does the tote bag come with the pattern too? Is it Allison's?  Those look really great by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006 11:14:56 AM »

OK  I  cheated  poor folks got poor ways.....   I  used a twin sheet.... at  home  drapped it  over a  chair then  set  baby  on it (hubby held her up not to fall  while  I  marked  for  leg  holes).  I  then  folded  the  sheet in half  and  added  a  layer  of  batting... I  simply  sewes  all sides  leaving  an  opening to  turn it....  then  sewed  around  where I marked  for  leg  holes  and  cut them  out  (think large button hole).  I  madea   rectangle shaped  elastic top pocket and a  few  velcro on loops  for  teething  rings......  it  was  comfy and  dry  on wet carts...  2 kids later I passed it on to a cousin whom has had 4 more kids and passed it  on to 2 more.  so  all in all it  may not have been looking too  fancy or  professional  but  8  kids  have  managed  just  fine a nd  it  still is  usable!  little  wear  showing  of  course  but  it  is  still holding up!.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006 10:28:32 AM »

I acutally have that simplicity pattern, but my baby is too small for it yet, so I havent' tried it out yet.  Naturally, after I bought it I found this great pattern:

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/index.html?Baby/crafts.html

while you are there, check out the restaurant high chair cover.  its soooo easy!  its just a big "T" shape with a couple of holes for lets.  i made this one in a snap, and i'll probably make another one for my baby girl (i just can't justify coboys for her).

Actually I've been a big fan of Jan Andrea's site for a while, but i think this pattern must be fairly new (or I just haven't been there in a while).  she has a lot of great patterns for kids and babies...and moms too!  there is even a tutorial on how to make a hands-free pumping/nursing bra out of a regular old cheapo bra.  nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wbaine
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006 10:01:29 PM »

I know this thread is old but in case someone else follows it I found a nice pattern at www.makethemyoursel f.com.  It is reversable, floppy styled, has pockets and toy bands as well as leg flaps.  The instructions were easy to follow and I've made several of them.  Love it, love it, love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Tips for Operating a Monster Puppet
How to Make Plant Markers Out of Spoons
Capri Style Table Decoration
How to Dress Your Table with Bread and Nuts
Center of the Table Decoration
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...