A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poly Clay Animals on a Frame  (Read 2009 times)
Tags for this thread: polymer_clay , frame , circus , zoo , birthday_gift , animal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 03, 2007 12:24:42 PM »

This was a custom order for a childs' 2nd birthday. The childs' name is Christian and the birthday party theme was the Zoo. Hope you like 'em.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007 04:07:26 PM »

That is so cute!! I love those little animals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007 04:15:38 PM »

That is so cute!! I love those little animals!

Thanks kaleesi! I too love e the little critters!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
hammer79
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007 05:52:03 PM »

Wow, good job fitting the name on a 5x7...  And it all looks well balanced too.  It's cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007 06:10:20 PM »

Wow, good job fitting the name on a 5x7...  And it all looks well balanced too.  It's cute! 

I had a heck of a time trying to fit the name on the frame, I am using different alphabet cutouts/molds than I normally do but I think it turned out ok. You can't see it too well but I actually interlocked each of the letters by cutting out the overlapping clay parts. Smiley

Thanks for looking!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007 07:42:00 AM »

those look great!  I love the animals...  did you use a mold or did you craft them by hand-- For some reason I am fine if I do a three dimensional animal, but the minute I try to make them flat, they look all wonky and I end up very very sad..   I don't really like the molds though because they look like a mold ( Tongue I know that is a little obvious but perhaps you understand what i mean).   But really great job, I'm sure it was appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
kishcrafts

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007 08:25:28 AM »

those look great!  I love the animals...  did you use a mold or did you craft them by hand-- d!

I did use a mold for the letters, I made the mold from some little magnetic letters alphabet letters I have on my fridge for my godson to spell words with. As for the little animals....ALL by hand. No molds just a fancy imagination and a little bit of practice. Thanks for looking! Smiley
<33
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007 09:39:29 AM »

For some reason I am fine if I do a three dimensional animal, but the minute I try to make them flat, they look all wonky ..   

Snootzie, one cheatie way to make bas-relief sculpts of animals (or anything) could also be to go ahead and make them 3-D, then cool well (preferably overnight), and slice off the whole front part  of the sculpt (or the side, or whichever face of the sculpt you'd like to show).  The "slice" should be as thick as you would want the whole bas relief to be.

If the animal or object has legs or other parts that are farther back and wouldn't be included in the slice, you can cut part of them off and apply them to the front of the sculpt before slicing, or after... it could get a little tricky, but just go by the "flat image" you'd see when you look at the facet you want to show (...you could even scan or photograph your sculpt, then print out, and look at it like puzzle pieces, not 3-D... cut out the farther-back puzzle pieces, and move them forward, or add later).

You'd have a bunch of leftover clay that you could separate in to color families or just mix together as "mud" but it might get you started in understanding how to do them from scratch later??

Diane B.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Quality Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon SD770 IS: Set ISO Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Format Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...