A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: March 2007 Birthday Swap (sign-ups CLOSED)  (Read 3316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 03, 2007 08:27:34 AM »

Sorry this is a bit late guys!

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO

NEW RULES: In order to comply with the new swap rules, ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send.  Negative feedback will also be given to those who don't send a thank you note. Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: March 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Phantoms Siren

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 03/03/07-24/03/07
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 03/03/07-31/03/07
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
All ages allowed.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in March, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in March for you to craft for someone!  If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - when you get chosen, you must choose a fellow March baby to send a birthday wish to before March 31, 2007.  You must also send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.   Failure to do either of these things will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "March Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR (MARCH) BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- March 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?

If you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- March 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already a March birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007 07:58:18 AM by phantomssiren » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phantomssiren

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007 08:28:58 AM »

BIRTHDAY BABES followed by birthdate & Picks Currently Allowed in Brackets
(Green=picked once, purple=picked twice, red=picked more than twice blue=feedback left)

lunascura - March 2 (2)
ellie.henry - March 7 (1)
Nesse - March 2 (0) Can't pick again until a parcel is successfully sent
Miss_cute_boots - March 20 (2)
Quincy134 - March 23 (2)
Sphinxy - March 5 (0) --> *first swap Can't pick again until first parcel successfully sent

NON-BIRTHDAY SENDERS;
(unconditional senders! Thank you!!! )

phantomssiren
Avesthel
Heini

WHAT TO WHO?
Green=sent, Blue= sent and received

lunascura to send knitting tote with matching needle roll to ellie.henry by 19 March
ellie.henry to send a learn to knit kit to lunascura by 19 March
ellie.henry to send sewing kit, knicknacks and surprise to Nesse by 26 March
Quincy134 to send yarn to Nesse by 26 March
Nesse to send funky jewellery to ellie.henry by 26 March (Sending late)
Nesse to send fabric and yarn to Sphinxy by 26 March (Sending late)

Avesthel to send knitting needles and a surprise to Sphinxy by 27 March
Sphinxy to sent art supplies to Nesse by 28 March
phantomssiren to send fuzzy slippers and armwarmers to Lunascura by 28 March (sending late)
Lunascura to send clutch purse to Quincy134 by 28 March (Sending late)
Miss_cute_boots to send yarn to Quincy134 by 29 March
Quincy134 to send headbands to ellie.henry by 30 March
Ellie.henry to send purse to miss_cute_boots by 31 March
Heini to send fabric scraps to miss_cute_boots by 31 March
Nesse to send a surprise to Lunascura by 1 April (Sending late)

THANK YOU NOTES; (need to be post marked no more than 2 weeks after receiving your present)

Lunascura -> Ellie.henry by 29 March
Ellie.henry -> Lunascura by 30 March
Nesse -> Quincy134 by 5 April
Nesse-> Ellie.henry by 11 April
Ellie.henry -> Quincy134 by 11 April
Elie.henry -> Nesse by 13 April

Miss_cute_boots -> Heini by 19 April
Miss_cute_boots -> ellie.henry by 19 April
Quincy134 -> Lunascura by 19 April
Lunascura -> Phantomssiren by 20 April
Nesse -> Sphinxy by 20 April
Sphinxy -> Avesthel by 25 April
Quincy134 -> Miss_cute_boots by 26 April
Lunascura -> Nesse by 30 April

GALLERY!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158084.0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 11:19:18 PM by phantomssiren » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellie.henry
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007 09:38:04 AM »

I suppose I will post my list!!

I am in Grampian, Pennsylvania USA

-- A knitting needle roll <3 lunascura
-- A knitting tote<3 lunascura
-- Black and white ANYTHING for my black and white wedding June 9th!
-- Black jewelry
-- A Pretty bag for my tarot cards
-- Any small bags really, button or drawstring closure
-- Kits to learn to make new things, like paper making, embroidery, crochet, scrapbooking, basically anything but knitting or wire wrapping!
-- Stitch markers
-- Hand made soaps, bath products (i like fruity smells!)
-- Fun and Funky jewelry or acessories! <3 nesse
-- Hand made head bands, you know the kind with the elastic back <3 Quincy134
-- Something I'd NEVER expect!
-- Any hand dyed/painted yarn
-- Any hand dyed/painted fibre for felting
-- A new purse!
-- A Surprise!

Ok well.. my favorite coulour is pink, i like pink with green or pink with black. I will appriciate anything that anyone wants to send me Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007 06:29:45 AM by ellie.henry » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
lunascura

Talk Nerdy to Me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007 04:11:57 AM »

Hi all!

I'm in Salisbury, Maryland, USA and here's my list:

-- Any penguin items (decorations, plushies, clothes, etc)

-- Kitchen aprons (full ones that cover the chest)

-- Oven mitts, dish towels, potholders placemats (my kitchen is 50s retro
- black, white, coral, red)

-- Fuzzy slippers Thanks phantomssiren!

-- Pillows for my sofa (living room is aqua colored)

-- Accessories for my new red car

-- Handmade jewelry (I can't wear metal against my neck so any necklaces have to have a satin/suede/silk cord instead of a chain)

-- Fabric for sewing projects - retro patterns, skulls, polka dots, velvets, brocades

-- Kits to learn new things: crocheting, knitting, resin casting Thanks ellie.henry!

-- Funky stenciled/painted shirts or hoodies

-- Knee socks

-- Arm warmers Thanks phantomssiren!

-- Gothic Lolita style skirts or tops

-- Anything on my wist: http://lunascura.wists.com/ (or use it for inspiration)

-- A surprise! Thanks nesse!

My favorite color is blue but I also love red, burgundy, purple, teal, and black.  I like things with skulls, penguins, and silly goth cliches. I am a huge fan of the band the Cruxshadows http://www.cruxshadows.com and a general, all around music lover.  I love anything funky, retro or out of the ordinary. I'm also a big animal lover with a cat, a dog, two guinea pigs and a fish.

Sizes...hmm...For tighter, stretchier tops, I wear a women's large...for hoodies I tend to wear them big - women's XL or men's large.

I think that's it!

I'm sure I'll love anything anyone sends me!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007 10:35:28 AM by lunascura » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nesse
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007 05:36:36 AM »

here's my list!
(I'm in NY, USA)

+yarn (handmade or otherwise) gracias Quincy!
+knitting needles (anything. circular/DPN/large/small)
+fabric (any vintage or fun/bright/cute)
+felt balls, felt.
+"cutie pie" bowl
+hairdye - any color.
+stenciled/screen printed anything (bags, shirts, undies? haha)
+nifty little knicknacks danke ellie.henry!
+plushies!
+knitting tote. (I'd also use it for school books. and the massive amounts of crap I carry around with me.)
+your favorite book. I love to read. Grin
+knitted fingerless gloves, scarves, ect.
+funky socks.
+learn to.. kits. (I'm up for learning anything.)
+shrinky dinks (a kit, or ones that you've made )
+something recycled.
+vintage art. (reproduced?)
+your original artwork.
+art supplies. (little things like pencils/pens/paintbrushes..) thanks Sphinxy!
+Crafty Crafter Organizers (says my mom. hah!)
+a sewing "first-aid kit" (with thread, pins/pin cushion, buttons.) danke shen ellie.henry!
+surprise me! thank you very much ellie.henry!

let's see, I don't have any specific style. I like color. any color. no pastel colors though. I like  trying new things/everything craft related. and I have a newfound love for Betz White.
I'll appreciate anything!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007 09:26:05 PM by Nesse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007 06:21:22 PM »

Hello!  My birthday is on the 23rd.  I am located right outside of Boston, MA, USA. 

My list:
-A clutch, such as http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121757.0  or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47648.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24610.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77766.0Thank you Lunascura!   I'll leave this up here, because a girl can never have too many handbags!

-Fabric or ribbon belts, a la http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75711.0.  I prefer them to be 37 inches long. 

-A circle-style skirt, along the lines of http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119871.0.  My waist is about 27 around. 

-A wristlet like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123123.0

-Retconned shoes like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75191.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119681.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112423.0 .  Im a US size 10 ladies. 

-A newsboy cap like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=27772.0

-Yarn (handspun is awesome, but if you have leftovers in the colors red, purple, blue, black, or grey, that arent novelty, I will gladly take them.  Acrylic is okay.)  Thank you Miss_cute_boots!

-Learn to needlefelt or spin yarn kit.

-Fabric pieces (FQ or larger).  I like dark blue, burgundy, purple, black, and grey (but other colors are okay too).  Cotton, wool, cotton/poly, other...I'll probably find a use for it. 

-Stuff from or inspired by my wist.  http://www.wists.com/quincy134.  There are some things on there related to my historical costuming hobby which you can just ignore. 

-A surprise!

Happy Birthday, all!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007 05:45:45 PM by Quincy134 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sphinxy
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007 03:10:15 PM »

Hey ppl!
I turned 25 on march 5th! I live in Honduras... and this is my first swap... I'm super excited!

Here's my list:

-Ipod related things (I'm deeply in love with my ipod, so anything for him would be great!)
-Anything related or inspired by Edgar Allan Poe (also deeply in love with him... Tongue *sick, i know!*)
-Beads, any kind, just not seed beads... and I'd love some lampwork, if possible...
-A messenger bag, I'm dying for one, and at the moment I don't have enough fabric to make it...
-Amigurumi or softies Cheesy
-Purse handles... any kind... I can't find them in the city I live now...
-Crafsters Book... Cheesy Am i asking too much Tongue Tongue http://www.craftster.org/book/
-Cool and colorful fabric... stripes, or polka dots... or anything u can think of... Thank you sooo much Nesse!
-A bag like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135795.msg1360409#msg1360409 I know it's probably too much..
But i like it sooo much.
-Yarn, any kind of yarn.... I can't find decent yarn over here... Thank you sooo much Nesse!
-Knitting needles... I'll take anything... new, used, vintage, circular, double pointed, straight, wood, aluminum, casein,
bought, recycled, handmade...anything! just not size 6... Tongue that's all I can find here...
Thank you sooo much Avesthel!
-Coffee, mugs, or anything coffee related... I love caffeine...
-Charms, i love charms... Cheesy
-1(one) Italian bracelet link...  Tongue I bought the bracelet... but it just won't fit me... so i kinda need one to make it usable Thank you sooo much Avesthel!

-Sock Monkey...
-Kits (I want to learn everything! Tongue )
  -Felting
  -Shrinky Dinks
  -Stencils (freezer papper, fabric paint or whatever it's called)
  -Sock knitting
  -Embroidery
  -Polymer clay
  -Soap making
  -Lip Balm.... I want to make lots and lots of these... and put them in tubes and everything Cheesy Tongue
  -Lampwork kit.... (this might be too much... but I want to learn this sooooo badly... I own a torch, if that helps...)
  -Anything else you can think of... I'm up for anything...
-Anything from my wists or wists-inspired www.wists.com/sphinxy
-Socks... I'm a sock addict!
-Beeswax
-Candies......Cheesy
-A surprise! who doesn't love surprises for their bday! Thank you sooo much Avesthel!

Ok, my favorite color is blue... and recently discovered that I love green... I like vibrant colors or pastel or pretty much any color...
I have a crush on my Ipod and on Robbie Williams... And I really really enjoy reading... my favorite writer is (yes, u guessed it) Edgar Allan Poe... and I read lots of Anne Rice and Agatha Christie... I'm obssesed with Bridget Jones, I can't watch the movie without wanting to re-read the whole book...
Anything you want to send would be extremely appreciated...
I'm soooo excited!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007 07:26:59 PM by Sphinxy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_cute_boots
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007 03:15:12 PM »

Hi everyone.  My birthday is March 20th and I live in Oshkosh, WI.

My list:
-Yarn - I'd prefer sockweight or lighter, but really, I've met very few yarns I don't like.

-Baskets - something to store yarn in (see above Smiley )

-Needle Roll

-Fabric scraps larger than 3"x3" Thanks Heini!!

-Dread Falls

-Bath Stuff - the more natural the better

-Candles

-Cookbooks

-funky purse (big is good here)
Thanks Ellie.henry!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007 06:30:48 PM by miss_cute_boots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phantomssiren

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007 08:10:35 AM »

Signs up for this swap are now closed!

The gallery is here - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158084.0

We've got a lot of items due to go out in the next week or so, please contact me if you're going to be late sending and note me with the DC when you send (if applicable).

If anyone is lurking here waiting for an April birthday swap I'm afraid I can't do it, so if anyone else wants to organise please feel free to do so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007 01:09:42 AM »

I wish someone would do an April one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Choose Color Settings
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Preferences
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Workspaces, Location Tracking and Slide Shows
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - File Naming Inside the Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Manage Your Images
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...