A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: good thrift in tally ho  (Read 5173 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancing in japan
« on: October 22, 2004 09:16:40 PM »

does anyone know of some really good thrift stores in tallahassee?? i'm getting tired of goodwill being a bit over priced!
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't you wish you were dancing in japan!
deladis

You Don't Want a Piece of My Grammy, Biatch!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004 12:57:24 PM »

Hi ya chica!  most thrift stores in tally have caught on to that whole "thrift is in" thing and charge outlandish prices, there are a couple of salvation army stores that arent so bad, and the pelican something or other on gaines st is pretty nifty although can be pricey.  Now, as for dumpster dhiving, tally is a good place for that!! - but some folks just cant hang with the DD.....lol Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get, Get, Get, Get Yo Craft On.....
puddinwuddin
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004 01:33:55 PM »

have you heard of Plateau's Closet?  They have really cute stuff and are usually reasonable.  Also they buy clothes in good condition if they aren't more than 1 yr old I think...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
exene
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004 02:07:50 AM »

Either Saturdays or sundays, don't remember which, but over by Gaines Street off of Railroad...if I remember correctly, it's called market square or market place...it's basically a bunch of artsy stuff, you'll see like warehouses...but look for funktion junktion! It's thrifty vintagey stuff. Really awesome place! Ask around, someone's gotta know what I'm talking about and might be able to give you actual directions (I'd only been there a few times)...I lived in Tally but moved to Orlando last year. Otherwise, I say hit up the flea market! Or the Goodwill off of 27 heading out towards Havana...I used to find like skirts from hot topic for like 2 bucks there. They should be cheaper than the others since it's further from town.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004 12:42:41 PM »

Anything is Railroad Square is awesome! You can find clothes, jewelry, purses, that you would never be able to find any where else. Take Gaines Road past the Beta Bar toward FAMU. Right past the railroad tracks, you make a right on to a 'sorta' hidden road. Follow that road around and you'll end up in Railroad square. The whole community is real craft orreinted

Also- try the Refuge House's thrift store. The store is off of Appalachee parkway, in the shopping center behind the Olive garden. They aren't real well known in the thrift sense and the money raised goes to running the shelter for women who have been abused. It's a good cause and good stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deladis

You Don't Want a Piece of My Grammy, Biatch!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004 11:45:28 AM »

1crafty biatch, love your name btw, anyhoo I thought that was the salvation army store.  I ahve been having a good bit of luck at the goodwill off of P-cola St. ohhhh and if any of you get out to Quincy, "Christ Town" is a great store and agreat cause...

D.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get, Get, Get, Get Yo Craft On.....
Aeden

literacy for the masses

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005 09:13:30 PM »

i love the goodwill on capital circle northeast, and they have half off all clothes on mondays!  also plato's closet is ok near ocala publix.  it's great for basics like jeans but otherwise kind of overpriced and overtrendy.  what ius an SnB?? I hear we have one now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i only have a minute, i have to get back to playing the sims
diyrulzduh

craftin my life away

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005 02:41:24 PM »

hey tally craftin peops.
just so you know
tallahassee stitch n bitch takes place every monday from about 8 or 9 to like 11 or 12 pm in rail road square at tha camp(tallahassee's community art mobilization project) where krank it up tha community bike shop is open. basically we sit and sew or knitt or whatever and gossip, talk, bitch, u choose. we are totally open and never have try outs so come on bi...

305-608-2846 4 more details
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnwench
Pplllbbbbt!

i heart thor forever

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005 10:46:36 AM »

i'm really surprised that there are other craftsters in Tallahassee.  Who are you people?  Other than diyrulzduh (you my FRIEND!) i didn't know there were others.  Come to stitch n bitch!  We have a silk-screening set-up and a little craft/activities room at the C.A.M.P. and you can put your art or crafts in the community gallery.  Also i have to concur:  Tallahassee has the most awesome clothes dumpster ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Didn't these meals used to come with cobbler?  YOU smell like cobbler."  "Now, now, let's not get into who smells like what."
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006 06:03:45 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camo Confessions Reveal The True Beauty Beyond Cosmetics
Beauty Buying Guide: What Your Favorite Celebrities Love
How to Prevent and Fade Dark Spots
A DIY Natural Lip Scrub for a Soft Smoocher
When Your Shadow Breaks, This Trick Will Put the Pieces Back Together Again
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...