A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Warning, Adult content! V-day knitting w/Pattern!  (Read 7055 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

medstudentknitter
« on: March 01, 2007 12:22:35 PM »

Warning! The link below will take you to pictures of an anatomically correct knitted Vagina. I made this as part of a display “quilt” that was part of a V-day celebration and a performance of Eve Eisner’s Vagina Monologues that happened at my Medical School.

to change your image viewing settings please click here
knitted vagina by rbk5banjo, on Flickr

to change your image viewing settings please click here
knitted vagina by rbk5banjo, on Flickr

The pattern is my own. I am certainly not the first person to knit this bit of anatomy, and one very nice pattern can be found on the really cool Anticraft website here:
http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/snatchel.htm

The Anticraft pattern is great, but I wanted something that would be a bit better for pure display purposes and did not have any crochet in it. I’ve written up a rough pattern below, and please let me know about any mistakes I might have made/questions you might have. This is a really fast knit  (I made it while sitting in class the day of the performance) and can use up little scrap yarns you have lying around. Enjoy!

Medstudentknitter’s Knitted Vagina

Materials: Scrap furry yarn, scrap yarn that matches the fur,  Scrap worsted red yarn (I used a wool), scrap worsted pink yarn ( I used a pink cotton), 2 US #6 circular needles, a button or bead.

Mons Pubis:
Holding Fur yarn and matching yarn together (to get a roughly worsted weight thickness) Cast on 50 stitches. Divide on the 2 circular needles and join in the round.  Knit for 5 rounds. (NOTE: when you are done you will turn this inside out and the Purl side will be the Right side, and the Knit side will be the Wrong Side)

Decrease Row: *Knit 8, Knit 2 together * repeat 5 times until you get to the end of the round. You should now have 45 stitches.

Knit 1 more round with the fur yarn.

Labia Majora:
Cut Fur yarn and join Red yarn. Knit 3 rounds.

Decrease Row: *knit 7, knit 2 together* repeat 5 times until you get to the end of the round. You should now have 40 stitches

Purl for 1 Round

Labia Minora:
NOTE: unlike the rest of the vagina these are NOT worked in the round, the stitches are divided in half and each lip of the Labia minora is worked individually back and forth on 1 circular needle. This also means that they are in garter stitch, unlike the rest of the vagina, which is stockinet with the Purl side as the right side.

Using Pink Yarn, knit 20 stitches. Staying on 1 circular needle turn, knit 2 together, and knit to the last 2 stiches, knit 2 together. You now have 18 stitches.

Increase/Decrease row: Knit 2 together, Knit 5, *Knit 1 Increase  1* 3 times. Knit 6, knit 2 together.

Turn, Knit 2 together, knit across to last 2 stitches, knit 2 together

Bind off all stitches

Other Lip: Go to the stitches on your other circular needle and repeat all of the above steps

Finishing: Turn inside out (so that the Purl side is out). Weave in/tack down ends. Sew on a Button or Bead to be the Clitoris.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012 10:55:52 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love the friendly faces of old Sorrows;
I have no secrets that they do not know.
-Karle Wilson Baker
xKikaiderx
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007 12:38:38 PM »

Oh my gosh, that's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.yarnjunkie37.blogspot.com

*~* interested in personal swaps *~*
creepyhugger
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007 01:43:00 PM »

*twitter*  that's pretty neat.  i like how the clitoris is a button-y thingie!  heh heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Donutz
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007 02:18:16 PM »

Very pretty ta ta. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Donna
messel
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007 03:25:50 PM »

We're doing a production of the Vagina Monologues at my school, and I am in it.  I told my friend/the director about knitted vaginas.  She thought it was hilarious, but alas, I did not have the time to make one!  Your's is great though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007 03:40:43 PM »

Haha i love the clitoris button  Smiley I've always had the urge to make knitted body parts.. maybe i'll get around to it soon after seeing your pattern  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katafi

This monkey's gone to heaven.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007 07:18:18 AM »

You brought a much needed smile to my face this morning.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tilliev
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007 06:03:28 PM »

That is just fantastic.  I love that it's accurate-- you'll make a great doctor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cha.cha.cha.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007 11:10:05 PM »

I saw my very first vagina monologues this past weekend and thought of the "you can't like vaginas if you don't like hair" as soon as I saw the pic.  I'll never look at fun fur the same way... Great job! These are fantastic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog!  http://nomoresweaters.blogspot.com

how do you catch a unique squirrel?............. u-nique up on it.
lprajogo
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007 07:57:47 AM »

This is awesome, and very details too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tissue Paper Shamrock
Color Coordinate Your Stamp Projects
Clean Your Stamps
Stamp Basics
How to Press Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...