A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 20  (Read 29764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2007 07:18:38 AM »

I claim Dulcinea for an organizer for her cabled knitting needles, probably a couple of quilt squares and other little things from my 'stalking Dulcinea pile.'  Grin

This is my fourth claim (3 open and 1 received) and I'm in Maryland.  Or, Marlun if you're on the Eastern Shore.

The list:

- Woolen sweaters - 'dry clean only' so they full really well.  No size restrictions.  (Thanks Dulcinea for your continued contributions!)

- An amigurumi beagle! Really, anything beagle related.  Mine is my only child, after all.

- fabric - any style and size, as long as the print isn't too off the wall.  I'm a quilter by nature so I'm always looking for good stuff

- To jump on the bandwagon, 6"x6" quilt squares.  I'll put together some Project Linus quilts so everyone will beef up their crafting karma.

- funky silk screened or embroidered or handpainted or whatever t-shirts or hoodies, or heck, sweatpants as long as I'm not going to sit on your efforts

- something inspired by comic books - clothes, tote bag, etc.  I'm a big fan of the greats - Batman, Supes, Spidey.  Same goes for cello or classical music stuff.

- hardcover books with colorful fronts (no jacketed ones, please).  Nancy Drews would be best, but I'll take what I get!

- neckties - Looney Tunes ones would be great, but I'll really take anything

- old black and white photos of people

- posters or cards of those older European advertisements with bright colors http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Cognac-Monnet_i404819_.htm?aid=246987

- Easy-to-crochet-with yarn.  I'm learning, so nothing eyelashy or confetti please.

- kits are good, too.  I love trying out new things! Needle felting or whatever you're into.

- zippers, buttons, belt buckles, purse handles, other neat sewing notions

- paper ephemera for microscope slide pendants

- A why did I get a job in construction kit (munchies, rubber bands to shoot at coworkers, Matchbox bulldozers).  I've switched positions from an office with a door to a partitioned part of a double-wide, and I'm making it my own goshdarnit.

- For my man, small GI Joe, 6" superhero or similar size figures to customize.  He customized a figure to look like me! What crafty kids we would have. 

- For my son, Jake T. Beagle, some stuffed animals to chew on and maybe some doggie treats (you've got your kids, I've got mine, hehe)

- And always, the wist at the bottom.

Other things about me: I am a flitting crafter.  I try something, conquer and move on, but always love to go back! I sew, quilt and throw pottery when I can find a class.  Also have the random education of an engineering degree with a minor in classical studies, so I work in construction and play cello.  Whatever pays the bills, right? Have a boyfriend and we share a beagle who basically owns the house.  Thanks in advance for picking me!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007 07:23:06 AM by Grieney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2007 07:41:11 AM »

<sigh>  Grieney, Grieney, Grieney

Just got claimed for the knitted tube top on her wist (and probably a bunch of other stuff, you're not the only one who knows how to stalk!)  Grin

My 8th claim, 5 already received, and I'm all claimed up in Wisconsin

My list in a second

wish list!

hand painted yarn - do you love to Kool-Aid dye?  i'm in an apartment, and I'm massively afraid to try it here... so if you love to dye the yarn (specially the painted technique) and wanted to send the results, I'd probably be your best friend for life!

Noro Kureyon yarn - any leftovers - parts of a ball, a full ball - there's a blanket on knitty.com I'd love to make, and it uses a lot of this - so if you have any leftovers, I'd love to be able to turn them into a blanket!

some sort of organizer for my cabled knitting needles... I have the straights and double pointeds under control (mostly), but the cables are a whole different problem! <  Thank you Grieney!!

flannel jammy pants like Sevs made - all of mine have shrunk in length, and i have long legs - please PM me for sizing Thank you Grieney!!

thick athletic socks with slouchy cuffs - on my wist, there's a pair for the style I like

squares to make a quilt - 6" x 6", please.  I'll piece everything together (and post the results).

some sort of quilted wall hanging for my bedroom - can be abstract, a mini-quilt... ocean sort of colors...

jewelry hanger - i'm thinking something with a screen for earrings, and hooks for necklaces and bracelets - i've gotten some really beautiful pieces from the craftster ladies, i need a proper way to put them away!

decoupage box - something to keep small things in... buttons, hair clips, something like that.  pretty open to what sort of design.

(long shot) - a corset top - the kind with the mini-hooks up the front?  I have one, and i love it, would love another one!

a snood - you know, that open net type of hair thingy?  my hair is nearly to the middle of my back, and some days, i just want to stick it all in a snood and be done! < thank you Raynbow for the bun sized one - anyone want to try a full head one?

handspun yarn - any color, any weight, as long as it's enough to make something out of it << got some fabulous yarn from the efforts of la_crystelle and craftykate, and I"m hooked!  must have more!!

Unusual writing weapons... i mean, i don't want it to leak all over my purse, but if you had working fountain pens that you just don't use anymore, I'd be delighted to put them back to work!

Stitch dictionary/library - I have 1 or 2 of them, am looking for ones that have lots of cable designs/patterns in them (all those tube tops, don'tcha know!)

DIY kits:
  • felted soap
Thank you Raynbow!!
  • needle felting
  • soap bombs
  • socks - with all the knitting i do, i've never made socks, and would love to get pointers from a pro!

crafting supplies:
  • cross stitch needles - i'm always losing them
  • a needle case - usually looks like a tube, with a cap, to keep the cross stitch needles in it
  • cross stitch fabric - linen, or an oatmealy looking one, prefer 14 or 18 count (linen is usually 32 threads/inch)
Thank you Rayanbow - would love more of the linen kind...
  • joann's sells rolls of fabric strips - i'd love a couple of those, have a project in mind!
  • knitting needle protectors - i have a couple, they look like socks, could use some more cause we keep losing them!
  • (long shot) - wooden crochet hooks.  I used to have some, before i had kids.  now i have kids, and no wooden crochet hooks.  coincidence?   Huh

anything inspired by my wist  http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea

almost anything mickey mouse (but not minnie mouse or other characters, please)

anything to decorate my BR - colors are off white, sea-foam green, ocean shades through to a toasty light brown  <got a great collage from igobylorib - got more walls!

squares to make an afghan -  6" x 6", I think.  I decided I wanted a new afghan, so if you wanted to use up stash, I'll put them all together

Anything Philadelphia eagles football for my son, who loves them

... right... about me.  I'm the old lady in the crowd, the one peering over the bifocals.  I have 2 teenagers, and my day job is a computer programmer.  I have no allergies, no issues with animal products, would prefer to avoid religion/religious articles and politics at all costs.... my favorite colors are the jewel tones, think ruby, sapphire, emerald... i don't do terribly well with pastels.  We live in an apartment, where space is always at a premium... so small things that sit on tables and shelves and don't do anything except collect dust aren't a great thing here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007 07:43:40 AM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2007 07:44:56 AM »

Et tu, Stalker? LOL Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
thragegarden
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2007 12:04:55 PM »

Ohhhh I hope I get approved before anyone else picks you... I have the perfect craft in mind!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swapper (please!)
I have a bunch of vintage hankies... I'll trade
http://renegades.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/renegades
http://www.renegadesbysteph.blogspot.com
faerykisses
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2007 02:43:35 PM »

I claim Dulcinea for "jewelry hanger - i'm thinking something with a screen for earrings, and hooks for necklaces and bracelets - i've gotten some really beautiful pieces from the craftster ladies, i need a proper way to put them away!"

This is my 3rd claim and I have three wishes.

I am 29 and located in Los Angeles, CA with my boyfriend of four years, no kids or pets but we have a lot of fun together  Grin. I am originally from Vancouver, BC and have also lived in Seattle, WA. I love fashion, art, lots of diff kinds of music indie, rock, house music, soulful stuff and I am crazy about crafting.  I am a beginner sewer but I am very handy with other types of crafts, I am trying to learn how to crochet (just bought my first set of hooks). I like cute stuff but with a twist and a dark sense of humor. I love watching Dexter on Showtime, Greys Anatomy, Heroes, Ugly Betty and I love anime cartoons. I am also a Bettie Page, Art of Olivia, Pucca, Hello Kitty freak and Amy Brown fairies are my frequent muses since I love making life size fairy wings as a hobby. I am always open to suggestions if you have been dying to try something new or you have a specialty that you think I would like.

Thank-you for reading my post!  Smiley

Crafts:
*Big wish-fingerless gloves to wrist or to elbow- purple/blue
* Crocheted amigurumi- Hello Kitty would awesome!
*Tattooed doll like the one in my wists, not too scary no demons unless they are cute!
*Clutch Purse from funky fabric
* Earrings or Necklace or a matching set, imaginative themes are great. I love the zombie bears in my wists, they are cute and a little gross at the same time who could resist?
*Black or Rainbow leg warmers with buttons on the bottom- PRETTY PLEASE  Cool
*I know it's a stretch but I would love a monster messenger bag
*Magnets for my Fridge- Please see my wists for inspiration, Anne Taintor themed would be awesome! Sassier the better
*T-Shirt that says NO I will not love you long time Medium
*Animal Dolls I love Cats something like the white cat in my wists would be fab.
*A black money belt like the one in my wists made of black material so I can wear it with any outfit. Please pm me for measurements. Thank-you ZaftigMomma!
*Reconstructed top size large please pm for sizing
*Anything Fairy surprise me, I heart Amy Brown!!!! I would love a painting for my room your own fairy style. Thank-you Avesthel! I will leave this up because I am collecting art for my apartment.
*Homemade note cards Anne Taintor Style or a suprise
*Bettie page or 50's style pin up trinket box or note cards
*A wisty surprise http://www.wists.com/faerykisses

Supplies:
*Fun buttons
*Cute Anime stickers or comics or pictures for decoupage
*Paper to make note cards or DIY ATC supplies.
*Hello Kitty, Fairy, Pucca or whimsy cute flower, sailor tattoo, pinup girl Fabric a least a fat quarter

DIY:
*Crochet Amigurumi kit
*Embroidery kit
*Stencil kit
*Micro slide Necklace kit
*Resin Pendant kit
*Pendant of Tree of Life kit green or purple
*Shrinky dink jewelry kit

Thank-you in advance for picking me!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007 02:47:32 PM by faerykisses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Faeries are irrational, poetic, absurd and very, very wise" Brian Froud

http://www.wists.com/faerykisses
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2007 03:15:37 PM »

very very cool - thank you!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
gatheredthreads
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2007 05:51:08 PM »

I claim faerykisses for: an embroidery diy kit, and hopefully a little surprise too Smiley

This is my 7th claim (1 claimed, 1 sent, 4 received)

I am in Ontario, Canada.

My wishlist:

something inspired by my wist. http://www.wists.com/gatheredthreads

crochet/knit/felted
corals, anenomes, shells, starfish, other reef creatures (octopus, squid, crab, lobster, shrimp, etc). Small sizes please - up to 4 inches or so. I am building a crafted coral reef around the base of my aquarium.  There are examples and pattern links on my wist.

3" crochet squares for a cathedral windows afghan.  I love the idea of having a group-made afghan Smiley  I will send you the pattern for the squares (it's pretty simple).  There is a picture of the afghan here http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/93/fc/89c3_1_b.JPG

sewn
passport holder that can hold 3 canadian passports (can give you dimensions), plus boarding passes
nintendo ds protector/sleeve with pocket(s) for extra games
remote holder for our living room (I can give you sizes for pockets; room is in earth tones)
fabric headbands for a 4-year old
tote to take to the park this summer (roomy, and it needs to be easy to wipe off - made with vinyl tablecloth fabric or something?)

jewelry
tree of life pendant inspired by cherry blossoms (dark brown wire, pink beads)
bird's nest pendant (I love pale blue robin's eggs)
other nature-inspired pendant (ideas in my wists)
floral pendant

other crafts
crochet hooks with polymer clay handles

general inspirations for any craft
I would love anything inspired by a sugar skull robot - the only example I have is a picture of a tattoo lol http://www.zhippo.com/NateBeaversHOSTED/images/gallery/nate%20beavers-robo%20skull-gallery1.jpg

or anything inspired by the Vintage Fairies at www.sallyjean.com  I love the creative fairy with the saying "sometimes there was a storm in her brain".  I also love the art fairies with the saying "I must make art".

or anything inspired by the Salvador Dali quote in my siggie, or the Van Gogh quote "I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate"

or anything inspired by the animal axolotl http://www.bogleech.com/pkmn-axolotl.jpg

kits
needle felting kit
wet felting kit
messenger bag kit: I have the fabric (dark blue), but I'd love instructions for one with a zip pocket and divider inside, plus any hardware (strap, zip, anything else I might need!)
"surprise" diy kit to get my craft fix on an upcoming trip - it needs to be compact, and complete, and I'm willing to try my hand at just about anything Wink

supplies

chocolate is always welcome Wink

wool roving

other fibers for spinning (soy, angora, etc)

handspun yarn

recycled sari yarn or any other very unique yarn

a magic yarn ball (I have so much fun with these!)

200g of lace weight yarn in green, blue, or purple

fabrics from around the world (kimono silks, african dyes & batiks, etc)

very sheer, see-through fabrics for layering on wallhangings - nets, tulles, scrims, gauzes, etc.

back issues of Quilting Arts magazine (I have issues 21 and up)

any quilt magazines you no longer want/need!

About me: I am 35.  I have a hubby, 4 year old daughter, dog, cat, lovebird, fish.  I work at home as a programmer.  The free time I get is mostly spent sewing, creating wallhanging art quilts, and knitting/crocheting.  My favourite colours are purple, blue, pink, green, and any variety of earth tones.  I love nature and natural designs, retro, modern, etc.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007 12:29:15 PM by gatheredthreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2007 07:23:50 PM »

And now for a word from our sponsors.........

OWS21 is being hosted by kyou and gatsbygirl

and you can sign up ahead of time, and beat the april fool's day fools!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=160949.0

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
gatheredthreads
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2007 12:30:07 PM »

I added to my wishlist (under "sewn" and "diy kits") in the hopes of unstalling  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2007 12:35:45 PM »

Ooh gatheredthreads  I so want to claim you for the 3" squares for your afghan but waiting on Sevs to let me know it is infact OK to claim again (this would be my 4th claim with 1 sent, 1 received, 1 claim) make sense?<-she still has me red though 1 items has been received and notification sent.  I don't want to throw off the swap by claiming and not sure if infact I am actually allowed to claim again  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Product Photography
Canon G10: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon G10: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...