A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,679
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 20  (Read 32344 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2007 01:45:51 AM »

THANKS Samsara  Grin I've been trying to catch you for something but it hasn't quite worked out that way yet LOL 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2007 01:52:35 AM »

Ha ha ha!! Me too! Got you first though! Well, if you want a personal swap too, I have a few things on your Wists I wanted to make you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marabu
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2007 08:43:56 AM »

I claim samsara for a hippy-ish necklace and I'll throw something extra in if I have the time Smiley
This is my third claim. One sent out. One received.

i'm 20, living in Austria and studying at university

here's my ever growing really big list (in no particular order):

crafted:

• fabric headbands! (I can never have enough) preferred pattern-less! (I have a sketch for the one I like, I had one from H&M that fits me great, but of course lost it and they dont sell them anymore so a new one would be great!)
  • A bag. Any medium bag. All my bags except one are broken, and thats my university-message-bag which I dont want to carry around in my freetime too Wink
  • A hat like that! In black or brown or grey.
  • a wallet (maybe like this this (but with a better closing thing (whatever you call that)) but I like to be surprised too)
  • a wallpocket would be great, as I'm traveling soon!!!
       but for bathroom-stuff like toothbrush, mascara etc. (to wrap for traveling - doesn't have to be patchwork of course)
  • a hip belt , also for travelling (but with other farbric, please)
  • a weekender travel bag (one can dream Tongue)
  • cloth pads. always wanted to try those! (maybe in a pocket!?)
  • Any cute embroidered or felt appliqud (thats not a word, is it?) shirt in bright colours would be most welcomed!
  • Pillow covers. Springy would be great, but plain ones are nice too. I have like one cover for one pillow and Id like some variation!
  • fabric belts!!! or belts general!
  • An a-line skirt (I have one from H&M with a band at the hip and no zipper, so that would be great as it fits me!) also Id love a tutorial/kit about that, I cant sew with a machine but want to learn (hence all the sewn wishes here) and I guess a a-line, no-zipper skirt is a good beginning, is it?
else:
  • a college/living-alone-box (far stretched I know, as I live abroad to anyone here J)
  • food and tea and so on unique for your country (sweet and/or non-sweet) also recipes would be great!
  • Anything you would think is useful and nice to have for studying in university and/or living away from home. Im up for any surprises!! (though I already have a beautiful pencil case by groscheuvx J)
Supplies:
  • x-acto knife or/and this special paper or/and this acryl-to-textil-paint for stenciling,
       because we don't have that around here, and it would be sooooo much more convenient
      (I use a brush from my schoolkit and printerpaper, so it's a bit of a challenge...)
  • YARN!!!
  • Yarn for the ballet-wrap top from Rebecca maybe if I get the yarn I will finally start on it. It looks sooo great
  • stash busting beads/ribbons/buttons/paper/etc. supplies would be great! nothing kitschy/childish or plastic beads please
  • Japanese crafting books or mags
  • A lot of little things in a box. I love to get lots of little things!
Kits:

• a Perfume Making kit
  • or a stamp carving kit
  • or a embroidery kit

And of course anything from my wists wists would be great!!! J

Favourite colors: definitely strong ones. I don't like pastell in any form. I like dark brown, pea- or grasgreen and olive. Also like turquoise and teal, and ,well, black always fits. I also like red and yellow (especially in clothing accesoires) and I recently discovered that I love the combination brown/turquoise!
 In patterns: I like stripes and patterns like the owls and birds in my wists, not polka dots, nothing childish and nothing surfer please.
Else: I dont like childish but I do like cute things, but as I look a lot younger than I am I tend to straighter things clothing-wise as I like to think that helps with appearing as old as I am. Oh well, I guess it doesnt, hehe.

for any other info PM me!! (and generally look at my wists stylewise..)

thanks to anyone who picks me!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 08:53:57 AM by marabu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2007 10:21:09 AM »

Yay!  Cheesy Thank you Marabu - I love jewellery! *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2007 11:21:48 AM »

I claim marabu for a bag.
I'm Mini & I'm in Switzerland, this is my fourth claim (1 arrived, 2 in transit)

Give me second to find my list!
My Wish List:
A bit long but, just think, this makes it easier for someone to pick me! Thank you so much in advance:

Things you can craft for me: (no order)
- Greeting cards, Id like some cards to use when Im sending my swap packages. By the time I get the package ready I forget to make a card. So I scribble a note on a napkin or scrap paper Style?: Well, since they are going to potential any craftster Ill let you decide!
- Charm bracelets, Cha Cha bracelet Thanks Errka! Cheesy
- Chihuahua coat (with fake fur collar would be cute.)
- Tea Cozy: I love my tea pot & it needs clothes: I'll measure it for you
- Hot water bottle cover, Normal size or Heart shaped (I have two, u pick the shape you want to do)
- Oven mitt & hot pot holder: I really need new ones: Can you match it to one of my new aprons? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=151723.msg1550545;topicseen#msg1550545
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154890.msg1584976#msg1584976
- Spice magnets. Like these:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119055.msg1198030#msg1198030
- Passport holder:
http://www.hollandcox.com/passportcase.html
- Are you inspired to make something from my wists? Let me know.

General Supplies Wanted:
I know its a big list, but if you have any of this stuff laying around that you dont want, wont use, then send it my way. I have no problem with previously loved stuff as long as its still useable.
- Material to make stamps, that rubber block stuff and Thanks Errka!
- Ink pads in fun colors.
- Shrinky dinks Thanks, Errka!!
- Patterns: Sewing patterns for Accessories, PJs, bras & undies, (L, XL), teddy bears, stuffies & dolls, Embroidery patterns, Quilt patterns, etc. Thanks CraftyDeb!
- Modern Crafty / Crafting Magazines / Books: ReadyMade, Bust, Cutting Edge, Martha Stewart, Real Simple, Ok anything really, except retro stuff. (Thanks xladyluckx, but we can always use more! Smiley )
- Retro style and Modern fabrics
- Japanese fabrics and papers
- Ribbons, Rickrack & trims, notions & buttons, charms (Thanks xladyluckx, but we can always use more! Smiley )
- Scrap book and decoupage paper and tissue, modern, Japanese & retro designs
- Fabric glue (something called tack?)
- Freezer paper, for ease of mailing, u can cut to paper size or just fold it. (Thanks xladyluckx! Smiley )
- Hole punches different sizes
- Grommets: all sizes and colors are cool.
- Rulers & Squares for Quilts, I need inch rulers
- Zippers
- Copyright free books/magazines: Ornaments, swirls, etc (copies are OK since they are copyright free!! )
- Fabric paints for silk screening

Supplies Im collecting for specific projects:
- Mother of pearl buttons (Im collecting for a button & wire wall hanging)
- I need one sheet of that paper used to put pictures on coffee mugs
- Black & white fabric scraps: Im collecting for a quilt.

Kits Wanted:
- Embroidery Kit Thanks xladyluckx!!
- Mini soap making kit No need to send the heavy soap base - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=965.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=151488.0
- Some New Craft Kit. Teach me something new!

When one of us wins the lottery! 
- Gocco print maker
- Speedball Deluxe Screen-Printing Kit
- Japanese crafting books/magazines, Japanese quilting books/magazines

About me:
30-something, Portuguese & American, grew up outside of Boston, live in Switzerland, one husband, one Chihuahua, work freelance, I dream of a small shop somewhere near the ocean, one day.
Love making things and trying new techniques. (Who doesnt??). Im always on the look out for inspiration and guidance. Craftster & Flickr are my two favorite places to hang out, besides the lovely caf on the lake. If only they had an internet connection there
I dont wear earrings, my piercings closed up and Im too scared to have them done again. It was enough of a trauma the first time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 11:32:32 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sanditerese
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2007 11:28:24 AM »

I claim Mini for greeting cards. 

This is my 5th claim, 0 sent, 3 received.

My name is Sandi and I live in Sacramento, California, with my husband and daughter.  My favorite crafts to do are knitting, crocheting and scrapbooking.  I  would love to learn how to sew, but Im still waiting for a sewing machine.  There arent any colors I dont like and as far as patterns go, I like more simple things, no small flower patterns.  Thank you to anyone who chooses me.

Supplies:
1.  Rubber linoleum, or self adhesive rubber (or anything else I don't know about) for making homemade stamps
2.  Scrapbook paper  Thanks Homerof2!  I can always use more so I'll leave this up.
3.  Scrapbook supplies (stamps, punches, gold leaf, stickers, books you dont use anymore, chalks, anything you can think of)
4.  Beads, any size/color
5. Sculpey, any color Thanks cclewis05!
6.  12 inch paper cutter
7.  Anything from/inspired by www.impressrubberst amps.com
8.  Knitting needles (PM me for sizes).
9.  Sock yarn
10.  Ephemera, charms, etc. for altered books

Crafted items:
1. Homemade soap, bath salts, lip balm, etc.
2. Handspun yarn
3. Swap journal (maybe with a space to include pictures)
4. Fun bag (There are some on my wists that I like.  I love lots of pockets to put stuff in.  I like bags with flat bottoms.)
5.  Wall organizer (there is one in my wists that I love.)
6.  Magic yarn ball (I know this isnt really a crafted item, but you still have to put it together, right?) Thanks cclewis05!
7.  Spa kit (bath salts, scrubs, lotions, eye pillow, etc.)
8.  Fabric headbands with elastic.

DIY/How to kits:
1.  Drop spindle kit
2.  Book binding kit
3.  Paper making kit
4.  Sock monkey kit (cute, girly, pink/purple, etc. would be great)
5.  Tote bag kit Thanks SevsOnlyGirl!
6.  Altered book/journal kit Thanks defunctbuffalo!

And anything from my wists!  Thanks Avesthel!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 03:49:49 PM by sanditerese » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.etsy.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2007 02:20:14 PM »

I claim sanditerese for a wist surprise!  Smiley

This is my fifth claim this round.  Smiley 
This makes me:  (1 open claim, 2 shipped, 2 received)

--------------------------------------------------------------
I live in Florida (United States).

Im in my early thirties. My favorite colors are jewel tones like purple, green, blue.  I like black and silver too. I am not fond of pink or orange. I love birds. As far as fabrics go, I like more plain fabrics or cute things (not childish though). No small flowers/polka dots/stripes. I love gaming like World of Warcraft or Myst. I like to read and am into fantasy art as well. Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite movie series. Star Wars comes in a close second though.  Smiley 

Allergies:  I am allergic to cats. But if you just keep them away from the things you are sending, it should be fine.  Smiley

crafty items
  • hand-spun yarn Cheesy
  • Yarn! Wool, wool blends, alpaca, cotton. (Please no novelty or acrylic yarn though, my cup runneth over with those right now.)
  Thank you, Dulcinea!

kits
  • new learn to embroider kit
  • microscope slide pendant kit
  • origami w/the pretty papers
  • rubber stamp carving kit
  • stenciling kit (for stenciling on shirts)

supplies
  • new Wool felt (not acrylic felt)
  • rub on letters for cards/paper
  • white satin fabric ribbon (3/4" - 1″ tall) (to make ribbon labels)
  • owl fabric (cutesy not realistic)
  • screenprinting fabric paints
  • sterling silver leverback earwires (example: http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H204947FN)
  Thank you, Dulcinea!
  • magnetic purse snaps
  Thank you, Dulcinea!
  • cute japanese fabric (bonus points if it has birds!)

Thank you in advance!

Added more things to my wists!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007 10:22:00 AM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2007 02:44:04 PM »

i really wanna claim you for the nestlace but im out of claims right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2007 03:44:50 PM »

I had that problem earlier when I was out of claims.  Smiley  I saw something I wanted to do, but couldn't. 

----

updated my list with new items, and put new things on my wists!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 06:17:48 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2007 07:11:19 AM »

I claim avesthel for sterling silver leverback earwires, magnetic purse snaps and Yarn! Wool, wool blends, alpaca, cotton

this is my 7th claim, 5 received, and I'm in Wisconsin.

List in a moment.

wish list!

hand painted yarn - do you love to Kool-Aid dye?  i'm in an apartment, and I'm massively afraid to try it here... so if you love to dye the yarn (specially the painted technique) and wanted to send the results, I'd probably be your best friend for life!

Noro Kureyon yarn - any leftovers - parts of a ball, a full ball - there's a blanket on knitty.com I'd love to make, and it uses a lot of this - so if you have any leftovers, I'd love to be able to turn them into a blanket!

some sort of organizer for my cabled knitting needles... I have the straights and double pointeds under control (mostly), but the cables are a whole different problem!

flannel jammy pants like Sevs made - all of mine have shrunk in length, and i have long legs - please PM me for sizing Thank you Grieney!!

thick athletic socks with slouchy cuffs - on my wist, there's a pair for the style I like

squares to make a quilt - 6" x 6", please.  I'll piece everything together (and post the results).

some sort of quilted wall hanging for my bedroom - can be abstract, a mini-quilt... ocean sort of colors...

jewelry hanger - i'm thinking something with a screen for earrings, and hooks for necklaces and bracelets - i've gotten some really beautiful pieces from the craftster ladies, i need a proper way to put them away!

decoupage box - something to keep small things in... buttons, hair clips, something like that.  pretty open to what sort of design.

(long shot) - a corset top - the kind with the mini-hooks up the front?  I have one, and i love it, would love another one!

a snood - you know, that open net type of hair thingy?  my hair is nearly to the middle of my back, and some days, i just want to stick it all in a snood and be done! < thank you Raynbow for the bun sized one - anyone want to try a full head one?

handspun yarn - any color, any weight, as long as it's enough to make something out of it << got some fabulous yarn from the efforts of la_crystelle and craftykate, and I"m hooked!  must have more!!

Unusual writing weapons... i mean, i don't want it to leak all over my purse, but if you had working fountain pens that you just don't use anymore, I'd be delighted to put them back to work!

Stitch dictionary/library - I have 1 or 2 of them, am looking for ones that have lots of cable designs/patterns in them (all those tube tops, don'tcha know!)

DIY kits:
  • felted soap
Thank you Raynbow!!
  • needle felting
  • soap bombs
  • socks - with all the knitting i do, i've never made socks, and would love to get pointers from a pro!

crafting supplies:
  • cross stitch needles - i'm always losing them
  • a needle case - usually looks like a tube, with a cap, to keep the cross stitch needles in it
  • cross stitch fabric - linen, or an oatmealy looking one, prefer 14 or 18 count (linen is usually 32 threads/inch)
Thank you Rayanbow - would love more of the linen kind...
  • joann's sells rolls of fabric strips - i'd love a couple of those, have a project in mind!
  • knitting needle protectors - i have a couple, they look like socks, could use some more cause we keep losing them!
  • (long shot) - wooden crochet hooks.  I used to have some, before i had kids.  now i have kids, and no wooden crochet hooks.  coincidence?   Huh

anything inspired by my wist  http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea

almost anything mickey mouse (but not minnie mouse or other characters, please)

anything to decorate my BR - colors are off white, sea-foam green, ocean shades through to a toasty light brown  <got a great collage from igobylorib - got more walls!

squares to make an afghan -  6" x 6", I think.  I decided I wanted a new afghan, so if you wanted to use up stash, I'll put them all together

Anything Philadelphia eagles football for my son, who loves them

... right... about me.  I'm the old lady in the crowd, the one peering over the bifocals.  I have 2 teenagers, and my day job is a computer programmer.  I have no allergies, no issues with animal products, would prefer to avoid religion/religious articles and politics at all costs.... my favorite colors are the jewel tones, think ruby, sapphire, emerald... i don't do terribly well with pastels.  We live in an apartment, where space is always at a premium... so small things that sit on tables and shelves and don't do anything except collect dust aren't a great thing here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding the Diamond Cut
What Are the Four "C"S in Diamonds
Different Shapes in Diamonds
Diamond Buying Tips
Jewellery Making UK
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...