A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted Knits-along ?  (Read 93394 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: September 17, 2007 06:51:01 PM »

Any of you guys on Ravelry interested in a fittedknits along group to do some cross-posting?
I am!! I've been looking for one since I got my invite, but I'm too chicken to orgainze my own group.

cool! it's up!  just check under groups for fitted knits!

SWEEEET.  Now I can start spamming it.  I am working on projects #3 and 4 from that book right now.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: September 28, 2007 12:42:20 PM »

I had to take a little break after finishing my Bluebell. But now I'm back for more!

I am just beginning my puff-sleeved cardigan. I'm using Rowan Cashsoft Baby DK. The cell phone pic doesn't really do it justice - it's a pale peachy color.

I decided not to do rows 12-17 of the collar, because my neck is short enough as it is  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
Craftini
Is it time for a martini?

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 07, 2007 06:59:17 PM »

I'm itching to start knitting the airy wrap-around lace sweater for a wedding I'm attending in February should be perfect for keeping the 'church chills' away. Buuuut... I also want to make a sundress to go with it, so I'm trying to hold off on yarn buying until I've at least gone fabric buying. I'm so impatient though!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kreedance
« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2007 05:15:57 PM »

Hey fellow Fitted Knitters!  I am going to be working on the Texured Tunic sometime this week (as soon as my Rowan Summer Tweed comes in the mail!)  If anyone cares to join me!  I finished Cozy V-Neck Pullover recently.  I love the designs in this book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjbuthead
« Reply #414 on: October 23, 2007 07:45:56 PM »

oooo let's see some pics of your cozy v neck, kreedance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boffcat
« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2007 03:49:29 AM »

Ohh ohh oooh, I'm about to start the Textured Tunic too! I've got my yarn (I'm using the Lana Grossa specified in the pattern, because I'm unimaginative like that), but I really want to finish off my current project before I dive into something new. Keep us posted on your progress!

Even before I get off the starting block, I have a question for anyone who's made this (or just anyone who has the pattern in from of them and is smarter than me) - when do you make the buttonhole at the shoulder? Maybe I'm just being highly unobservant, but I can't see mention of it anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007 03:54:24 AM by Boffcat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who would have thought - I have a blog!
sulkycat
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2007 01:23:25 PM »

My first ever post, hope it works!
I am just finishing the front of the back to school tank (I did it in 2 sections because I have never knit in the round before!), made the rib extra long, changed the pattern to stocking stitch, & apart from messing up the darts (had never heard of that never mind tried it!) it's looking ok...
Thankfully I am a dressmaker rather than a knitter (used to sew professionally) so can do a nifty bit of stitching inside to hide any dodgy bits!

Not sure how many posts I have to make before I can post a picture, but with the sheer amount of things I have on the go, might be a while before it's finished anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sulkycat
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2007 11:18:18 PM »

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!
finished the front, held it against me properly - & i suspect i now need to a)unpick the thing or b) lose about 3 stones straight away...

didn't much like the cotton i was using anyway, so unpicking it is
bah humbug (expensive mistake)

might use a tank pattern from Knitting Lingerie Style & adapt it to have the wide ribbing as i think that's going to be flattering

anyway, time to get ready for work (just had half term, am not exactly eager to go back!) - enjoy the day people x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2007 10:39:22 AM »

Sorry to hear that your project went awry.  Sad Pure cotton can misbehave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2007 11:58:53 AM »

I just started my two-tone shrug.. so far so good. I'm using patons classic wool merino in gold and rich red.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Kirigami Butterfly
Recycled Paper Art Necessities
Choosing Paper Type for Recycled Paper Art
How to Create Textures for Recycled Paper Art
Types of Paper for Recycled Paper Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...