A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted Knits-along ?  (Read 102480 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2007 06:33:11 PM »

Here's the keyhole sweater

You know, i didnt like this sweater until i saw yours.... its now on The List.

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2007 07:05:19 PM »

I think someone posted this already, but I forgot what page it was on. Here's the errata:

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2007 09:15:56 PM »

thanks roxy- I looked through the errata when I first started having problems and couldn't find anything on this sweater. I e-mailed Stephanie about it, so hopefully a correction will be added for this sweater too.

Yep, it's a knit blog

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2007 11:41:09 AM »

Here's the keyhole sweater. I just need to weave in the ends and find a button. Bah. It's ok I guess, but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I'm super aggravated at the terrible neckline instructions and the lack of errata for this pattern. I love just about everything in the book though, so hopefully my next fitted knits sweater will cause me less frustration.
craftykate, this is gorgeous! i love the color and the fit is GREAT. it looks awesome on you.

"how beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something! we are here on earth to fart around; don't let anyone tell you any different." - kurt vonnegut
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2007 08:28:58 PM »

This unfortunately is all that's left of my leaf-tie cardi .. Sad It was a little big on my lack of chest Sad Oh well.. it means i'm *allowed* to start on another pattern :p

« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2007 01:14:56 PM »

I am working on the airy wrap around sweater, and I thought I would mention this, since I figure there is at least one other person out there who would be bothered by this, and it's not part of the errata.

On the cable border of the body section, you reverse the direction of the cable crosses at center back, but the cable pattern is not centered at the center back.  I don't know if that makes sense.  But it bothered me enough that I frogged the cable border and adjusted the pattern to make it perfectly symmetrical.

I know a girl, who had premarital sex?  Do you know what she did on graduation day?  DIED! -- Mr. Weir, Freaks and Geeks
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2007 04:37:04 PM »

Thanks cleandirty. I just casted on for that one, and think it would bother me too. I'll keep an eye out when I get to that point.

Yep, it's a knit blog

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2007 09:38:01 AM »

Ok I don't have pictures at the moment, but I need everyone's opinion. I'm done knitting the sleeves (in the round) and while seaming up the bottom, I noticed that the sleeves were big and loose around my elbows. So I have two options, leave it loose, which looks fine, or to gather them so they kind of poof out. See it's really hard to explain without pictures, but I'm sure you can imagine. I simply gathered the sleeve at the bottom with the thread I used to sew it up. Which would you choose? Once I get pictures you can see how it looks on me, but I think either way is nice. I just can't make up my mind!!

check out my fashion blog

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2007 02:49:57 PM »

I vote for gathering! I think it'd be more in keeping with the style of the knit. But I'm sure whichever you end up going for will look great Smiley

Who would have thought - I have a blog!

Do I dare disturb the universe?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2007 06:38:52 PM »

Voila my version of the Airy Wrap! The pattern calls for a thin mohair yarn, but I wanted something a little more rustic. I chose an alpaca that was much thicker, so went up two needle sizes (to 13s) and bought more skeins and went for it.

Very satisfying knitting - thick yarn, fat needles. The only part I didn't really consider in my calculations was the thickness of the front ties - I hated the floppy quality of the original ones, but they are seriously thick with this yarn. Someone described the length of the ties as epic and I think the word begins to do them justice. At least the pattern was easy; the only changes I made was knitting the sleeves in the round (why weren't they written that way in the first place?) and I shortened the ties somewhat. An adult height of 5'2" is not forgiving enough for long, long ties...

Overall, I'm very pleased with the way it fits and how warm it is. Plus I love the look of cables when they're used as edging like this. My kitty is also pleased, because the yarn is relatively untreated and smells just faintly of alpaca. I made him a Feline Dim Sum from the leftovers and filled it with organic catnip, and so we are pleased.

Thanks for looking!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Cool Blue Eyes in Photoshop
How to Make Cool Green Eyes in Photoshop
How to Make Custom Brushes in Photoshop
How to Make a Cool Effect For Your Pictures in Photoshop
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...