A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted Knits-along ?  (Read 90795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LandShark
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2007 01:24:55 PM »

I posted ages ago about working on the two-toned shrug in a single color...I also finished it ages ago, too, but the whole experience left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I'm only getting around to posting it now....

Now, I'm not really all that unhappy with the finished product -- If I were to make it again, I think I'd go up a size.  But working with this yarn (SWTC Karaoke) was a nightmare.  Never again.  To me, it is not worth the price at all, even though it is pretty.  It isn't all that soft, and it's so weak you can't even sew a seam with it.  If I knew that going in, I probably wouldn't have found it anywhere near as annoying.  It wears reasonably well, but it doesn't bounce back as well as 100% wool would, so it's a little stretched-out by the end of the day when I wear it.

Of course, I'll probably make another one -- two-toned, and out of the recommended yarn.

Moving on...

I'm currently working on the puff sleeve feminine cardigan, in a gorgeous shade of Cascade 220 (that Webs sale!) -- a heathered olive green.  I plan to make similar mods as kitschy-kitchen did with her's:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161043.0

In other words, I won't be doing the lace bit for the peplum.  I think it's lovely, but I don't think the flared peplum will work all that well for my body type (very narrow shoulders and ribcage, average hips).  I'm also not the girliest girl, either, so I think a more subdued version will see more action given what else I've got in my wardrobe.

Here's a progress shot (those last few increase rows before taking the sleeves off the needles were such a chore!):

The collar seems rather floppy to me...I'm thinking about undoing the cast-on edge, ripping that out, and re-knitting the collar on smaller needles to make it stiffer -- though, I'll wait until after I'm done knitting since I can't be sure of it until everything is finished.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007 02:16:09 PM by LandShark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitters Delight
Knitters Delight

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2007 01:56:36 PM »

I have completed my two-tone shrug using leftover yarn from my Turtleneck Tube Vest so I can wear it on cooler nights.  I really like how it turned out.  I think if I had enough yarn, I'd also make it with a black main color to contrast with the light aqua blue.  Here's the link:  http://bp2.blogger.com/_Xz2aJLK8qBM/Rj9HBUqABhI/AAAAAAAAAKk/JZhsDGzAqt8/s1600-h/IMG_3152.JPG

More pics on my blog as well. Next item on the Fitted Knits list is either the crisp rectangle tunic or the drop stitch tank...so little time, so many GORGEOUS patterns in this book. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fleurs
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2007 02:57:47 PM »

Smiley woww i love it, good job. i have to buy this book. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjbuthead
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2007 04:02:22 PM »

The green in the shrug is some knitpicks wool of the andes in asparagus.  the blue is some norweign yarn leftover from my mom's norweign sweater knitting days. VERY ITCHY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nat12
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2007 09:38:24 PM »

I've started on the 'Back to school' vest, in a cheap and cheerful acrylic (as it wont be next to my skin!) in a VERY bright magenta colour. Not bad for a girl who has only just started to like pink! I think I'm a bit over halfway through that f**king 2x2 ribbing - it goes soooo slowly!

My textured tunic turned out ok (royal purple, just past elbow length sleeves, no box stitch on sleeves - I forgot!) but is a bit see through up the top - and it's not like its too tight and has to stretch, I think I just used a slightly too large needle.  Oh well, I'll just have to wear a tank top under it! Oh yeah, I used pearly slightly transparent buttons!

I have a question - with the two tone shrug, does that bit around your neck get uncomfortable? Also, is there any way to get it to be a bit longer in the 'body'? I haven't read thru the pattern properly yet, and wondered how much my head would hurt to do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zknits
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2007 09:59:21 AM »

i finished my turleneck vest thingy last night...just have to tuck in the loose ends and then i'm going to wear it!  although considering how warm it is today, it's possible i won't be putting it on until the fall...sigh...damn ny weather!  anyhoo...i'll take some pictures soon and post!  i love it and have been amazed at how flattering it is on all body types! 
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
riverside knitter
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2007 12:55:29 PM »

I started the keyhole capsleeve tee yesterday and I'm about 2 inches into it.  This is my first foray into the land of top-down raglans and I'm totally sold on this technique.  I'm using "sundae swirl" from plymouth in a tan/blue variegated color. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2007 04:36:21 PM »

I just started Leaf yesterday! I fell in love, and once I looked at all the other great knits from this book on flickr, I've decided I need the book ASAP. I plan on knitting the puff sleeved cardigan once I get the book, and from there who knows!

Here's my progress so far:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2007 06:01:39 PM »

i finally am working more on my key hole sweater top... i did a fit after i connected the arms... its lookin good! pictures later!

EDITED TO ADD PIC!

im knitting it out of Lion brand cotton ease... and its going great! im further then i am in the pic... i have 2 more inches to go until i start the garter rows and the ribbing... its my goal to get there tonight... off to knit!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 10:20:08 PM by spirals420 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
shimacrema
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2007 04:55:09 PM »

Hello to all!

Alll of the knits look beautiful! I hope to be posting a picture of my drop-stitch tank in the near future, but first I need a little help. Being the fact that this is my first real knit I have no idea how to do the neck part. Ihave no idea what "for every four rows knit three" means (please don't laugh). All that is left is that and seaming it together. Any help would be helpful. Grin

TIA
Shima
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting Adventure: Ruakaka Beach
Painting Adventure: Old Shed
Painting Adventure: One Tree Point
Perspective Drawing in Proportion Tip
Painting Adventure in Peach Cove
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...