A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted Knits-along ?  (Read 94553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hieromante
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007 04:58:08 AM »

Everyone seems to like that one too, including me...unfortunately it's not in the book!  Ah well...but there's plenty of other good things in it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbelle
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007 05:22:35 AM »

Where is that one?  Interweave?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbelle
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007 05:26:22 AM »

Oh... figured it out.  Looks like she's just wearing it.  Holding out on us I see. 

The book still looks fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boffcat
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007 07:33:15 AM »

I really like the look of a lot of the projects (hooray! All too rare in knitting books), but it isn't published here till the end of the month so I guess I'll just have to be patient (not my strongest point...). One question though - I've never knit any of Stephanie's patterns before; what are they like in terms of difficulty level?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who would have thought - I have a blog!
malarky
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007 08:12:51 AM »

I'm finishing up the sleeves on the textured tunic. I had to rip 3 times because of gauge issues.  I'm using KP Decadence and it really is decadent.

I just started the Chunky Cardi that she's got in yellow.  I'm going to use pink KP Sierra for spring.  I just got past the arm increases. 

I am desperately in love with the lacy wrap cardi and the Jacky-O cabled cardi (can't think of the name.)  Is it really going to need 10+ skeins of yarn fora smaller size?  I know cables eat up yarn, but that seems like a huge amount.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detritus
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007 08:59:17 AM »

Her patterns are usually pretty simple, although there are the occasionally unclear line or two. I'll warn you that there are a lot of errata in this book though (why didn't you hire another copy editor, Stefanie?) so although the patterns are generally suitable for an advanced beginner, you might need to be pretty experienced to spot the mistakes. Check her blog for the errata page before you start and you'll be okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trudymarie
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007 12:37:57 PM »

I'm in for the knit along. I am making the Boatneck Bluebell sweater, but I can't start it until next week. For now all I have is a pile of cascade 220 ready to go. The color I picked is very Crayola, it should be fun. I haven't seen any errata for that pattern yet, if anybody runs in to some, let me know.
newbie here, so link to my yarn:
http://bp3.blogger.com/__Kqh0eTe_pU/Re3DQFi0yPI/AAAAAAAAAAk/nvFI5gu8dc8/s1600-h/fittedknits+yarn.JPG
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007 12:44:04 PM by trudymarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feather
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007 07:27:12 PM »

I am very excited to see a knit along for this book!!  I love everything in it.  I am currently working on the puffed sleeved cardigan but I think I should've made it for a size smaller.  Any suggestions besides frogging and starting over?? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlecindy
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007 08:52:52 AM »

just got word from the library that this is on hold for me!  yay Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LandShark
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007 11:16:00 AM »

I just got my copy yesterday.  Wow, lots of lovely designs in there (though count me in with those that are disappointed that the sweater she's wearing for her bio pic isn't included!).

I also started the two-tone shrug yesterday (I just finished Starsky, and I wanted something small to work on).  Though, I'm boring and making it in one color (if I love it, I may make another in other colors).  Using some monochromatic Karaoke I had in my stash (which I had bought to make a shrug with, but hadn't ever settled on that perfect pattern).  I'm almost finished with the raglan increases.

I haven't yet decided what else I'd like to make from the book -- I know I'll be making at least one of those cardigans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make-Ahead Desserts
How to Make a Banoffee Sundae
Biscuit-Topped Peach Cobbler Recipe
5 Fruit-Based Desserts to Satisfy a Summer Sweet Tooth
Grilled Banana Split Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...