A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: monk's travel satchel  (Read 10040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

minanina
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004 11:52:24 AM »

Here're the pictures, i finished the front yesterday and i'm pretty proud... This is going to be a bigger knitting project that i might actually finish  Grin

front and front detail

strap detail and the hole mess  Cheesy

how far along are you, guys?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:07:31 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004 02:51:16 AM »

well, i'm a moron and just discovered my gauge is smaller than the suggested; that's why my measurements weren't working!  The good news is my strap only has to be 63" long now. I've been distracted by some gift projects and fundraising for a volunteer trip, but slowly making progress.  I decided this will be a gift for my boyfriend.  I bought yarn for a second one for me with the same accent colors (green and orange) but the main color will be a dark purple.  I think I'll crochet it though because I'm faster at that!  I think it will be neat to compare the two. I already have a favorite crochet stitch which I think will be a good substitute for the texture of moss stitch...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
JoHunter
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004 03:36:47 AM »

Black Cat your bag is looking awesome, my own has been put on hold for holiday knitting.  Also I seem to have to be in a certain meditative mood to do it, something I'm sure monks would be familiar with.  It's exciting to see the front and other pieces coming out though, this is probably a more massive project than your average sweater considering the miles of moss stitch.  Keep it up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofucheesecake
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004 04:02:41 PM »

For those who are felting, do you think you could come up with revised directions that take into account the larger pre-felting size?  I've never felted before, and suck at reading patterns, so any help would be appreciated.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004 08:47:40 AM »

Hi, I am working on this bag on and off right now.  I have finished the gusset/strap and the two pockets that will go on the outside, and I am now working on the front flap.  I'm using Brown Sheep cotton fleece in Putty, Teddy Bear and Tea Rose.  I really like this yarn.  I have no digital camera so I'll have to wait take a picture and scan it in, and I plan on doing this to show progress and such. 
Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2004 08:11:21 AM »

that is a great bag.  definitely going into my hugantic pile of things that i'd like to make someday if i ever finish my other ninety wips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005 09:29:16 PM »

well, finally finished that stinky strap!  I started the front because I was eager for a new color and stitch for a while and I'm about half-way up.  pretty much looks just like Blackcat's right now!  I like the little garterstitch ridge for trim...  How's everyone else doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
box of purls
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005 03:54:31 PM »

I have finished the knitting and most of the assembly. I have to get thread to match the lining I chose (I thought I had some that matched at home).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
upperclasstwit42
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005 04:29:20 PM »

I'm going to give some unsolicited advice...
i would say definatly make the gusset/strap shorter.  i'm 5'10" and when i finished the bag and put stuff in, it hung to my knees, which  wasnot quite the look i was going for.  i'd also say that it really needs to be lined to keep it sturdy.  the strap only streches a little bit, but over the  length, it is really noticable.  i ended up folding a good foot or 18" up to make it decent. 
ended up lining with canvas and then fabric over top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
r0xy
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2005 02:06:18 PM »

oooh, my first crafster post! and my first big project!
I've been working on this bag since I got the yarn for it Christmas day. Off and on, because I can't handle THAT much seed stitch.
I didn't pick out my yarn colours, and apparently, because a cotton/wool blend wasn't available when my mom went yarn shopping, I'm making mine in Bernat Denim - a brown, green, red color combination like the pattern called for. So not what I would have chosen, but it is starting to grow on me.
I have finished the strap, the inside pocket, and the back and flap - something of every color - behold:

i always save weaving the ends in until the last minute... and yes, the date on my camera is wrong
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:10:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Beauty Products to Take on Holiday
Affordable Solutions for No Sweat Summer Beauty
Make Blue Eyes Pop With Easy Makeup Tricks
White Manis and the Best Colors to Try
Reasons Why You Should Get More Beauty Sleep
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...