A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Lady or the Tiger Clock  (Read 5385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raina.storms
« on: February 26, 2007 10:26:03 PM »

This is my entry, and first revamped clock! I bought a small wind up clock from Wal-Mart; it's about 5" across the widest point. I think it looks a little like a side view mirror on an old car. Smiley  The woman, her dress, and her hair are magazine/catalog pieces. The 'hem' of the dress is torn like that on purpose. Wink  The two numbers and the fan are stickers. The background I made in Word and printed on regular paper. The clock works, but it ticks audibly, which makes me feel like there's a neverending egg timer on. Tongue  So I probably won't be using it.... Hope you guys like it! As always, comments rock! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diosaperdida
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007 07:53:19 AM »

This looks fun to do! Your stickers blend really well with your chosen image.
I can't use a loud clock either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007 07:57:18 AM »

Nice! I don't know if you ever watched "Daria", but the first thing that came to mind seeing this was: "The lady, or the tiger: now you don't have to choose!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
raina.storms
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007 10:11:42 AM »

This looks fun to do! Your stickers blend really well with your chosen image.
I can't use a loud clock either.
Thanks! Smiley

Nice! I don't know if you ever watched "Daria", but the first thing that came to mind seeing this was: "The lady, or the tiger: now you don't have to choose!"
Thanks! And yeah, I've seen that episode! I thought about naming it something like that, but it was just too long. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007 10:16:10 AM »

I like your clock.

Have you ever heard the musical "The Apple Tree"? I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day . . .

Which door should I choose? Left? Right? Left? Right? Ladyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Tigeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007 02:52:09 PM »

I like your clock.

Have you ever heard the musical "The Apple Tree"? I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day . . .

Which door should I choose? Left? Right? Left? Right? Ladyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Tigeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

That's exactly what I thought of too!
('cept Kristin Chenoweth has made it known several times during interviews which door her Princess Barbara chooses.  Lips sealed )

Great job on the clock. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
raina.storms
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007 10:06:39 AM »

I like your clock.

('cept Kristin Chenoweth has made it known several times during interviews which door her Princess Barbara chooses.  Lips sealed )

Thanks to you both! And no, I haven't heard of The Apple Tree. I have heard of Kristin Chenoweth--can't remember where though, so I'm off to look her up. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceemonster
Eccletic Crafter

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007 10:22:55 AM »

I like your clock.

Thanks to you both! And no, I haven't heard of The Apple Tree. I have heard of Kristin Chenoweth--can't remember where though, so I'm off to look her up. Smiley

The Apple Tree is a three act musical currently being revived on Broadway (though there is only a week or so left to the run). Each act is based on a different short story all connected with the themes of temptation and the relationship between man and woman. "Lady or the Tiger" is the second act with Adam and Eve preceeding it and Passionella (a 50s/60s version of Cinderella) following.

Kristin Chenoweth (who originated the role of Glinda in Wicked and can be seen also in RV, Running with Scissors, and Stranger than Fiction on the big screen and The West Wing and Sesame Street on the little) plays the roles of Eve, Princess Barbara and Ella/Passionella in each act. She's costared with Brian D'arcy James and Marc Kudisch. The original production stared Barbara Cook and Alan Alda.

/ crazy broadway rant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cate

http://pinterest.com/ceemonster/
Private Swap Friendly
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007 07:46:21 AM »

Cool clock, my raina.dear.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Beginner Runners from Danny Dreyer
How to Apply the Chi Running Technique for Marathons
Sohrab Ahmari on Ray Bradbury Vs. Political Correctness
How The Light Gets In 2012: What the Patrons of the Festival Thought
Jim McEnery on the Book Hell in the Pacific
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...