A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Purim gifts??  (Read 663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

longlivequeen
« on: February 23, 2007 10:09:41 AM »

I don't know if anyone on here celebrates purim but it's a Jewish holiday that is dubbed by the non-religious as a "Jewish Halloween" (so not true..) anyway now that my bffls and i have been dispersed i need ideas about what to get them.... besides hamentaschen and candy  Cool I know no one gives gifts for purim but I'm weird like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged
longlivequeen
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007 11:54:07 AM »

Perhaps i was a bit vague. I have one anime loving/rocker  friend who has adopted this holiday with me. My best friend (different person) is a techno- loving girl with great taste in everything. I think I'll give her a scrapbook, or, if I'm daring, something Grease themed! She also loves to cook. We and another friend (tennis champ, needs stress relievers) are Broadway buddies, so suggestions for that are great. Another friend is a musician, loves myspace, and hates being blonde. My elder sis is very girly, loves to bake and her bf, who I disapprove of, but I'll put my prejudice aside. My younger sis is also girly, loves disney channel, cartoons and how I survived middle school books, though she's not into reading. My cousin wants to be a disney imagineer. He loves comics, cartoons, videogames, and toys. He loves violence :O of any sort. He is extremely imaginative. My mother is totally stressed a lot of the time, needs a mini- vacation (suggestions?) loves mafalda comics, and is a total eighties girl. She loves queen and ccr just like i do. My aunt is a total sweetie, loves jewelry and clothes (and to spoil me) and my other cousins (canine) are very hard to craft for. One is an annoying, sweet princess who lives to annoy her broher and he is a big sheep who loves to chew. Her favorite things are kisses, his are tummy rubs. No ideas about my tech geek dad or uncle. My whole family adores disney

I'd ask for more suggestions on my grandparents and other aunts but I've ranted enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sheva
A Real Jewish Princess

"Women in wigs and Men in beards!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007 07:59:37 AM »

Well actually on Purim you are suppose to give gifts they are called mishlat manot which is a gift basket for the needy. you are required by Jewish law to give at least 2 baskets out then after that whatever. I usually give about 20 every year and its so much fun. My whole neighborhood is out delivering them Purim day in costume its a blast. The basket should have two diffrent kinds of food in it like hamentashen and candy. I'm sending a beautiful orange tower made from oranges and orange candy it kinda looks India style so i think ill wear my Sari to deliver them. Hey Purim is my favorite holiday so pm if you have more questions or about finding a Purim party close to you or just check out this sight. http://www.chabad.org/holidays/purim/default.asp?flash=true
just click the "how to" section
THIS ROCKS   Logged

longlivequeen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007 08:50:52 PM »

I know about mishloach manot. It's kind of unavoidable to know- thanks to yeshiva and my little Jewish neighborhood. I was just thinking- you know how people can give pretty much anything in there as long as there are two different brachot that you use on food that I would get very creative Wink My favorite holiday, too and I love your costume idea. I'm a queen- not surprising considering i was queen esther for four years straight as a kid Smiley

Chag sameach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netbush
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007 03:43:48 AM »

because you already made mishloach manot, I suggest you to invite
your friend and make a nice meal.
you can read the Megila and after that to chose with your friends a charity organization to help to...

hag sameh veshana tove lecol beit Israel... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are welcome to sew in Hebrew at
http://www.sew.co.il/
stevenjames
what are you gonna make today?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007 12:56:35 PM »

What is mishloach manot?  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

learn how to torch enamel: http://macaroniandglitter.com/classes

follow me on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/stevenjames
netbush
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007 05:16:28 AM »

that is a Jewish ritual - giving of fancy food gifts to friends on Purim
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are welcome to sew in Hebrew at
http://www.sew.co.il/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Collection Review
HSN Beauty Report with Amy Morrison
Best Foods To Eat For Glowing Skin
How to Master the Perfect Smoky Eye
Marianna Hewitt: The Best Way to Remove Stuck on Eye Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...