A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Fat Bottom Bag CAL... anyone?  (Read 34766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

colorlessblue
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2007 07:43:23 AM »

i have about 1/3 of the bag done now but i am feeling ants on my hands to start another one. i've been thinking of that one since i made the first, and never got around to really start it. it's going to be either a really big one, multicolored, for the beach, or a clutch sized one, to go clubbing. depends on how i feel while i do it ... Roll Eyes
(not that i go to the beach or clubbing that often. actually, i can't remember last time i did either)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
amyb444
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2007 08:10:59 AM »

i have about 1/3 of the bag done now but i am feeling ants on my hands to start another one. i've been thinking of that one since i made the first, and never got around to really start it. it's going to be either a really big one, multicolored, for the beach, or a clutch sized one, to go clubbing. depends on how i feel while i do it ... Roll Eyes
(not that i go to the beach or clubbing that often. actually, i can't remember last time i did either)

So did you buy the book then? I was going to tell you that it's divided into projects for the four seasons, so it isn't all winterwear. And a lot of the warm weather projects are really cute too. Plus there's some house stuff, and you could make that year-round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2007 08:26:43 AM »

no, i didn't buy the book. i learned the fbb from youtube, and by now i know how to make it almost sleeping. (once i went on working on it late at night and when i woke up there were a few rows i didn't remember doing at all. too bad one of them had the wrong number of stitches and another was done half in single crochet Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terry Pratchett
colorlessblue
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007 10:48:42 AM »

one more is done!

details here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=192674.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terry Pratchett
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2007 11:53:12 AM »

That's gorgeous! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treiga
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2007 02:47:02 PM »

I am so jumping on this band wagon. This will use up my stash and let me get some Christmas presents done! I have some hot pink yarn that would be perfect. Great job on all the finished bags so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treiga
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2007 07:08:21 AM »

I had to frog my bag over and over last night. For the life of me I could not understand the stitch. I started out using some Mango Moon in a pink, yellow and orange color way but with the combination of the unevenness of the yarn and not knowing the stitch it was looking horrible. I switched over two using two strands of a variegated pink cotton and it is starting to turn out pretty nice. With the two strands held together it is giving it a very nice tie-dye effect. Will have pics of it up later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2007 10:31:03 AM »

Okay, I need help.

I finished the main part of the bag last night and realized that I had too many stitches  on one end (something like 26 rather than the 18).  I didn't want my bag to be lopsided, and I frogged the whole thing Cry because I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my bag ended up lopsided like that? I figure that I added stitches somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where, and the hhdc is hard for me to count the stitches with.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2007 12:54:36 PM »

use stitch markers. when you start the first rows, start marking the point where you have to increase, so you'll know you should only increase over the stitch that's marked. and it will be easier to count the stitches on each side of the markers. i don't know if we're using the same stitch, i'm not sure the hhdc is the same i'm doing, but for me it forms a kind of little knot on the base, and i count the stitches feeling the knot with my fingertips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terry Pratchett
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2007 01:21:18 PM »

Ooh thanks,

It is my first time really using stitch markers so I think that is part of the issue. 

That also brings up another question.  Does the number of stitches stay the same between the two stitch markers or from the stitch marker to the end of the row?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Sauce
How to Make a Philly Cheese Steak with Cheez Whiz
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
How to make Dazzling Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Southern Catfish Chowder Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...