A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OMG I made a diaper cake!!!  (Read 2200 times)
Tags for this thread: diaper , diaper_cake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 22, 2007 08:34:33 PM »

Cheesy So this is the first diaper cake I have ever made. After skimming through a few tutorials, I decided to dive in with a box of newborn swaddlers. Which were adorable but the baby powder smell began to make me a little nauseous. I made it for my cousin who's having a little girl in april, so I thought doing sort of a spring/easter kind of theme would be cute.

There it is. It's a little lopsided and I fear how well it's going to do on the 45 minute car ride up to her house.. But we will see how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
norianai
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007 09:32:39 PM »

Great job!  That is so cute.  So my friend is having a baby any day now (she was due last Friday), and I want to make her a cake to put all of the gifts I've made on, but I have a question.  How many diapers did you use?  Yours looks like a fairly small cake compared to some of the ones I've seen.  I absolutely love this idea, but I had no clue that diapers are as expensive as they are, and I've already spent a ton of money and time on the gifts I already have, and truth be told I can't afford much more.  So yeah, if you could let me know, maybe I can figure out if I can do this!  Thanks!  It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007 12:31:51 PM »

You did a fabulous job!! Looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
NerdyCrochetGal

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007 06:44:59 AM »

Great job!  That is so cute.  So my friend is having a baby any day now (she was due last Friday), and I want to make her a cake to put all of the gifts I've made on, but I have a question.  How many diapers did you use?  Yours looks like a fairly small cake compared to some of the ones I've seen.  I absolutely love this idea, but I had no clue that diapers are as expensive as they are, and I've already spent a ton of money and time on the gifts I already have, and truth be told I can't afford much more.  So yeah, if you could let me know, maybe I can figure out if I can do this!  Thanks!  It looks great!

Diapers are sooo expensive it sucks. Cause I am 5 months pregnant myself, and I am just dreading having to buy them.. Although I hear there have been great advances in cloth diapers, so I may look into that more environmentaly friendly option. I bought a box of 96 Pampers Newborn swaddlers. (http://www.amazon.com/Pampers-Swaddlers-Size-Value-Pack/dp/B000FGZR5W/sr=8-9/qid=1172328176/ref=pd_bbs_9/103-4921373-7907021?ie=UTF8&s=hpc) And used an 9oz bottle of baby shampoo and a 4oz baby bottle to add support to the center. I also ended up having 27 leftover which I just wrapped and added into the bag of other small presents I bought. Hope that helps if you have any more questions I will answer all I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
craftymumto2
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007 07:08:17 AM »

Aww I bet she will love it i know I Would have loved to get a baby present like  taht  for one of my kids

THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007 12:47:12 PM »

Cheesy Well she did love it, although her Mom said that it was too bad that it was made out of diapers cause she doesn't want to ever take it apart. Oh well it was well worth the effort everyone loved it and I also hadn't realized that most of the people in my family had never seen a diaper cake before, so I ended up explaining to people how to make one, it was great. Lots of fun, will definitely make another one for my cousin that is due in July.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
la_chrystelle
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007 06:15:20 AM »

oh I love diaper cakes way to much and it pretty inspires me all, can't wait till I can make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eMeN
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007 10:59:50 AM »

That is sooo cute!
I have to make one for the next friends that get a baby Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Rid of Dark Under Eye Circles
Bottom of the Jar Beauty Tips
Spring 2013 Fashion and Beauty Survival Guide
How to Face Paint to Support Your College Basketball Team
Make Me Up: 60 Minutes to a Glam Look
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...