A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2 oversize hobo bags  (Read 1407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelbug
« on: February 22, 2007 08:15:08 PM »

I've been on a sewing kick this week! When I have a stressful day at work, I like to make myself feel better by thinking of things that I can attempt to sew when I get home (sounds weird I know!) Today I felt like telling off one of my co-workers for being ignorant. She was trying to tell me that kids in Canada are just as bad off as children in poor developing countries who are looking for sponsors through places like World Vision. It sounds like a ridiculous conversation, but she was quite adamant about it. Our company was going to sponsor a child together, but now it looks like it might not happen because two of my co-workers jumped in on the poor Canadian kids bandwagon,grr. Here is the purse design that I came up with after my argument with my co-worker.

It's basically a variation of the petite hobo bag that I posted last night. I thought I'd make it bigger so that it could hold more stuff. I showed it to my Mom and she asked me to make her one too Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/84195holding1.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/84195front1.jpg
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011 10:59:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007 09:25:07 PM »

They are both so lovely!  I absolutely am loving that funky gorgeous fabric!  I like the size of these...more along the lines of what I need to carry all of my stuff!  Heehee!  Cheesy

Great, great work...how did you do the edges/straps, if you don't mind me asking?

PS: Wouldn't it be great if you could tell your co-worker that she was responsible for your frustration-fueled sewing session after she compliments you on your gorgeous new bag?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.co m
miserylovesme
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007 09:38:38 PM »

The polka dot one is probably my favorite bag that I have seen on this forum! Bravo!

Edit: I think I see how the straps are attached now. I thought the edges and straps were a connected piece. Super.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007 09:43:47 PM by miserylovesme » THIS ROCKS   Logged

impromptukiss
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007 05:56:59 AM »

oh!  i love the first one!  i've been searching for something similar in stores.  any way you would make a tutorial?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.jenn.
myspace.com/2beans
TryEverything
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007 10:44:13 AM »

Yes a tutorial please...especially yesterday's small one...I loved that one !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007 10:55:55 AM »

Those bags are beautiful.  I'm actually a huge fan of your etsy shop.  Hopefully soon *fingers crossed* I will be able to place an order.  Sorry that lady came across as a snot bag, at least your frustrations resulted in some beautiful work.  As for the child sponsoring dilemma, maybe work it 50/50 so starving kids here can have food and so can the starving kids somewhere else, anyway good luck with the sponsoring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
matuta

separated and now back again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007 11:04:32 AM »

ohhhhhhhhhh .... niceeeeeeee! Those are really beautiful! I really like the blue polka dot on brown.
As for your co-workers, while I agree that there are children here that are badly off she should also know that Canada has more agencies to help these kids than in third world countries. And you havn't seen poverty til you have visited a third world country. Maybe a group could get together and sponser the child themselves or maybe a compromise could be reached and in exchange for agreeing to sponsor a child through World Vision you could all agree to do a toy drive at Christmas or a knapsack drive at school time for kids in need in Canada. It seems sad that people can't see past their front door. so sad ........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SUBMITEVERYTHOUGHT
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007 12:53:23 PM »

Stellar bags, they are both fantastic! Make bags, not war! Wink

Just make sure the money is going to go where it's intended to go, sad reality in these times.  At least you can agree on helping others, and that's a good starting point! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007 01:02:01 PM »

Those are huge, i love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliebelly123
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007 05:23:40 PM »

Wow!!! Those are soooo fabulous!!! I love the fabric!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dioxys
How to Draw Little Rabbit Girl
How to Draw a Cute Anime Girl
How to Draw Baby Buu
How to Draw Asuna
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...