A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 106973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candicane
« Reply #670 on: October 28, 2007 10:25:41 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments on my BFC. Now I need some help on my Groovy Sweater Dress.

I am on the repeat of rows 1-10. I did the first decrease round and am row on row 3, ready to do the next set of decreases. I have markers on each side of each sleeve (so 4 markers total). Decreases occur on each side of the marker. Problem is the decreases now start to cut into the 16 sts of the bobble vine repeat. Wahhhhh! The pattern of course does not mention this. So if have either made a terrible error or I am just supposed to guess how that is going to work out.

Please help me! I am so close to finishing!

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubilina

deliciously inane

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 28, 2007 11:01:09 AM »

finally got some pics of my karate sweater.  quite different from the pics in the book - a small is REALLY small in this pattern.  More like  shrunken cardie than a nice cozy sweater.  I think I will give it another try in a large, and use the correct size needles this time (last time I had my 17s in the 19 package.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LustDust

~* Knitting Is Love! *~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: October 28, 2007 06:57:02 PM »

bubilina, i looove the colour of your karate sweater! you've got me all worried now though because i'm working on a karate sweater right now ... :S

the size 35 needles are also soo awkward to knit with -- it knits up fast, but i actually knit really slow lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cvpham
« Reply #673 on: October 29, 2007 11:30:30 AM »

I've been following this thread since the beginning and finally have something to show! I just finished the Twinkle Hoodie this weekend.

I made the sleeves longer and skipped the pockets but otherwise followed the pattern. The buttons I made using plastic mesh like material, interfacing and small knit squares since I couldn't find any in the right color or price range.

It's super warm and I'm sure will become one of my favorite winter wears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: CraftyCathy
candicane
« Reply #674 on: October 29, 2007 11:35:32 AM »

I love the hoodie! What yarn did you use?

Candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #675 on: October 29, 2007 11:44:51 AM »

cvpham, that's so clever that you knitted the buttons! I want to keep that in mind for future Twinkle projects that require buttons. The hoodie looks fabulous and I'd also like to know what yarn you used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
cvpham
« Reply #676 on: October 29, 2007 12:24:53 PM »

Thanks for the compliments! I used two balls (skiens? I never know the right term) of Lion Brand A Pound of Love in Denim, quadruple stranded. Two balls was plenty for size medium.

To quadruple strand two balls I first made a double stranded ball with the end on the outside (not the center pull) with half the balls. Then I found the center pull and worked the pattern from the double stranded ball and the two center pulls (I put all the balls in a large plastic bag so they wouldn't roll around and get tangled). It does take some time to wind the balls but I think it was worth it for the cost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: CraftyCathy
the_talk
« Reply #677 on: October 29, 2007 02:48:18 PM »

I'm a beginner knitter (purl, knit, decrease increase) but advanced crocheter and was just wondering how easy would the shopping tunic be to do as a beginner? Thanks for any advice!!

what needle size and type (circ, dpn, straight) is used??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 29, 2007 05:06:52 PM »

That is soooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
klement
« Reply #679 on: October 29, 2007 06:34:55 PM »

Cypham - love the hoody and especially the buttons. Can you explain how you made them a little more (please?? pretty please?) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Texas Barbecue Meal Recipe
How to Make July 4th Cupcakes
How to Bake a Flag Cake
How to Make a Fried Onion Blossom
How to Make Carolina Barbecue
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...