A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 106970 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missliz01

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2007 08:21:43 PM »

Wow, you all have done such a beautiful job with these!  I just discovered this book the other day at Barnes and Noble, and I'm so geeked to go back and get it.  I love chunky knits!!  Erm, I'm not a super advanced knitter, but have completed several different projects successfully.  Are there any other beginners/intermediates out there that have found some of these sweaters manageable enough to do? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2007 02:43:36 PM »

I just got this book from the library! Yay!  (Almost jumped up and down when I got it!!  Cheesy)

Anyways, I love the book!  Especially the tuxedo sweater.  I'm a little nervous about what the back look likes on though.  Has anyone made this sweater yet, or know of any pics on the web that I could see what it looks like on.  Thanks.
I am also curious about the  back of the Tuxedo sweater. I just can't wrap my mind around that funky piece at the neck.

I have to finish a hat, start and finish a toddler sweater and then I think I'll start the Groovy Sweater dress.

candice

This is third on my list of things to make.  From what I've gathered, it seems that it would lie like a collar on the back of the jacket.  I don't know if that helps at all.

knittinkitten, I love the colour you are using!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2007 06:07:33 PM »

knittinkitten, what kind of yarn are you using?  it looks really soft and pill free.

It's Rowan Big Wool.  I think the color is Lucky, I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atrackbrown
« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2007 10:26:00 AM »

Wow, you all have done such a beautiful job with these!  I just discovered this book the other day at Barnes and Noble, and I'm so geeked to go back and get it.  I love chunky knits!!  Erm, I'm not a super advanced knitter, but have completed several different projects successfully.  Are there any other beginners/intermediates out there that have found some of these sweaters manageable enough to do? Smiley

Before I got this book, I had just learned how to knit and had almost finished a few scarves.  I say go for it.  There are some mistakes in the patterns, but you can figure out what to do or go online for help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention when I laugh.  I'm a notorious pervert in that respect.
rorosity
« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2007 09:41:12 PM »

ANOTHER gorgeous Twinkle sweater pattern in the new Vogue Knitting.  Page 158, pattern 43.  Probably my favorite, so far.  It is very, very wearable for all sizes.  I am definitely going to have to make this one very soon.  I have so many projects going, but this one is a definite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: August 19, 2007 12:46:24 AM »

Shorter evening shell, using triple-stranded Caron Simply Soft Brites in Blue Mint. Sorry, you'll get no action shot from me - I tried it on, and I guess I'm so big that the seed stitch stretches a LOT and starts to resemble some god awful 80's mesh tank top. It fits, but it doesn't look so great on me. Maybe someday.

(I'm sorry the picture is, like, ginormous.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 19, 2007 12:52:44 AM »

That looks great! Love the big cable down the middle. Too bad about the fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
rorosity
« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2007 06:36:37 AM »

That looks great!  It's good to know you can use Simply Soft tripled.  I love the Soft Chunky, but it's not always readily available and it's lots more expensive.  Plus, having the garment machine-washable is a big deal, since I these patterns are great for my teens.  They're cute, but they are still not overy careful when taking care of their clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missliz01

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #618 on: August 19, 2007 07:29:32 PM »

Before I got this book, I had just learned how to knit and had almost finished a few scarves.  I say go for it.  There are some mistakes in the patterns, but you can figure out what to do or go online for help.

thanks!! I got the book and am definitely excited to attempt some of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klement
« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2007 05:27:22 AM »

ooh i really like that roxybritain. Especially the colour.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Man Who Changed the American Food Culture
Learn How to Draw Neil Flambé
Meet Author Scott Westerfeld
John Keane Talks About Life and Death of Democracy
Rick Springfield Talks About Late, Late at Night Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...