A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 315,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 133494 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilyfair
« Reply #560 on: June 27, 2007 01:24:11 PM »

Grarr...I wish I bought that issue of Vogue now!

You can now get the back issues of vogue knitting on their website!  Just thought you'd like to know.Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubilina

deliciously inane

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 28, 2007 12:39:09 PM »

bubilina - you have any pictures of the evening shell on?  it looks really good!
z
I want to see too! I'm in love!

No action shots yet - too busy with school.  I'll get them up as soon as I have a free second.

As for the yarn - this was a super inexpensive project.  4 skeins of Softee Chunky were plenty for both the shell and hat, even double stranded.  (It's actually hot pink, the lighting was horrible.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2007 04:12:49 PM »

I'm using a skein and a half of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Olivette doubled on 15's to make the Feather Scarf. Kinda worried about finding the huge crochet needle for the ends later - hope it isn't hard to find one locally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
supergingergenius
« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2007 11:16:57 AM »

im gonna do the karate sweater, but in lambs pride bulky

ooo!!! i bought a bunch of lpb to do the skully sweater from snb, but im bored with it and was thinking about frogging it to make the karate sweater. how do you plan on going about this? would you use the same needles? would you double strand it? if you do make it, let me know how its working out!!! good luck  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anky
« Reply #564 on: July 07, 2007 11:07:58 PM »

Here's my best friend cardigan knitted with cleckheaton gusto 10 and minus the bobbles. I wanted to try one of the free patterns avaialbe online before committing to buying the book because I was concerned about how the bulky yarn would look on a frame that's not supermodel thin. I have now been reassured myself and ordered the book on amazon. Can't wait to knit some more of these patterns. Details on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

palegirl
« Reply #565 on: July 08, 2007 05:25:47 AM »

I wanted to try one of the free patterns avaialbe online before committing to buying the book because I was concerned about how the bulky yarn would look on a frame that's not supermodel thin.
Wow, your sweater looks great!  I want to knit one exactly like it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007 05:27:13 AM by palegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 08, 2007 01:55:49 PM »

That looks fabulous anky! I love the cables!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: July 08, 2007 02:52:17 PM »

Okay - I'm working on the Best Friend Cardigan using the free instructions from the Canadian Living site.  I am SO CLOSE to being done, but have thoroughly confused myself and am hoping so fabulous person here will take pity on me.

So I've finished most of the knitting on the sweater and have come to the part where I am supposed to sew the shoulder seams.  I'm assuming that I have to take the two front pieces and seam them to the 10 back stitches that are on the holder.  Is this correct?

EDIT:  This is actually NOT correct!  I figured it out awhile after I posted this.  You don't actually seam the front pieces to the back using the 10 back stitches on the holder.  You seam them to the shoulder seam decreases to the left and right of the sts on the holder.  I just kept re-reading the directions for the back when it hit me what the decreases at the top were for. Smiley  I think the bulky stitches had me confused. Smiley

If this is correct, then I have two serious problems:

Problem 1:  I am knitting the medium size and each of the two fronts each has six stitches on it.  6 st X 2 pieces = 12 st.  Which is greater than the number of stitches I have on the holder for the back: 10 st.   Huh?!

Problem 2:  If I seam the front pieces to the back using the stitches on the holder, the stitches will be 'used up' at that point and no longer on the holder and not available for me to use later when I'm picking up stitches for the collar.   When I look at the errata for this sweater on the Classic Elite page,  it says when you knit the collar to pick up stitches from the Right Front Neck Edge, 10 STITCHES FROM THE HOLDER ON THE BACK, and then pick up stitches from the Left Front Neck Edge.   ACK! Brain melting...

PLEASE show me the error of my ways.  I like to think that I'm a pretty seasoned knitter  but I am totally stumped here.    Hopefully my rambling makes sense.  If not, I can post some pictures that should make it all painfully clear.

Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007 04:01:25 PM by Trebuchet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zknits
« Reply #568 on: July 08, 2007 06:15:36 PM »

anky - looks great!  i want one too!  i'm buying the book soon!
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
plague angel
« Reply #569 on: July 08, 2007 08:46:05 PM »

anky that looks great! and yay for aussie yarn subs! how much gusto did it take you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may you live in interesting times
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Trim Your Bangs
Japanese Inspired Hairstyles
Lela Rose Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Akiko Ogawa Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Georges Chakra Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...