A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,773
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 112356 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 21, 2007 12:33:01 PM »

I frogged my Twiggy Tunic b/c the lion brand thick and quick, though quick, was just too thick!

I recently overdyed some lion brand bolero into a nice variegated dark green and it's becoming a Rockefeller sweater.  I loves it.

I'll save the thick & quick for the BFC, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

steezah
gimme a beat and a bassline

get rich or die knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: June 21, 2007 05:27:41 PM »

*edit nvm*

don't forgot about the vogue corrections! http://www.vogueknitting.com/200703/corrections-2005holiday.shtml Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007 05:29:03 PM by steezah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wzrdreams
« Reply #542 on: June 21, 2007 08:24:12 PM »

Yay!!!! I just got my Plum Thick n Quick for my Shopping tunic. The color is so lovely!
I'll have to wait to start though ... must finish some summery WIPs... adn wait till it's a bit cooler out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wzrdreams
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2007 03:57:06 AM »

RE: Shopping Tunic.

I was comparing the Vogue Knitting Holiday 05 pattern to the Twinkle BCK pattern..... The main differences are that the Vogue pattern has 2 larger sizes than the book (awesome), has 4 rounds of Garter stitch at the bottom edge (good idea), and the directions are less vague (!). I'm inclined to follow these directions for the sake of clarity...

HOWEVER.... the Vogue version is not knit inside-out like the book version. It's purled from the right side. I REALLY prefer the idea of knitting it from the WS and turning it inside out. Who wants to purl the entire thing anyway?

SOooo... I was wondering if I could follow the Vogue version, but do it inside out like the book, and use the book as a reference to make sure I'm constructing the pockets and whatnot correctly.

Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steezah

get rich or die knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2007 08:33:02 AM »

Although I had both copies, I chose the Vogue version as it did seem simpler and I liked the sizing options better. I however did not include the pockets, and as such found it easy to knit entirely. AI changed all the p's to k's mentally and if you want matching decreases (who doesnt?), you can switch out the leading decreases of k2tog for ssk.

It's a really really quick knit. I'm just shy of the finish line with 6 more rows to go. Looks like a FO Friday =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wzrdreams
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2007 10:15:51 AM »

Thanks Steezah. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steezah

get rich or die knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2007 01:29:38 PM »

i look forward to yours! It seems I can't get enough of this pattern. Every one I've seen is gorgeous.

now to see what else to knit, perhaps the hoodie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2007 09:23:08 PM »

Hello all.

I've recently volunteered to edit Big City Knits pattern details on Ravelry and I'm trying to find as much info about errata as I can.  I know the Classic Elite errata is still missing a lot, so if you've found something that wasn't listed there, please either list it here or pm me.  OR message me via ravelry.  I'm ssailorss.

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mightcouldpress
« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2007 08:32:37 AM »

I'm altering the BFC pattern so it will work on size 15 needles with reynolds blizzard ... I've got the gague and everything figured out, but I have one question about the wording of the pattern.  When the pattern specifies AT SAME TIME (regarding shaping that happens after 6 rows), does it mean at the same time  you're working the established pattern, or at the same time you're working the first part of the body? 
I'm using the excerpt from canadian living, if that helps at all.
(for ease, the link is here) http://www.canadianliving.com/Canadianliving/client/en/Crafts/DetailNews.asp?idNews=237130&idSM=307
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubilina

deliciously inane

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2007 08:36:21 PM »

I recently finished the evening shell - not too bad of a knit, though I did get tired of weaving in the ends from all 4 shoulder bind-offs.  And I forgot to switch to the 19's for the body, which might have affected the fit.

Here's a close up of the cabling.  The seed stitch was not as tedius as I had anticipated.

I had enough yarn left over to whip up the Aspen Hat last week in knitting club.  You can't beat a one night knit.  I still need to add the buttons.

I think i'm on to the hoodie next, debating over turquoise or yellow. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Time Lapse Photography
How to Do a Photobomb
How to Get Pictures from Video
How to Get the Best Headshot
How to Take a Group Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...