A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 110333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubilina

deliciously inane

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 03, 2007 07:12:18 AM »

I am ordering this book in the next couple of days, can anyone tell me what different sizes of needles the patterns call for?  Thanks alot, I can't wait to get started! Smiley

Size 17 and 19 circles - HUGE!  If anyone has a Hobby Lobby in their area, needles are half off this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatieJane
« Reply #431 on: May 03, 2007 02:00:16 PM »

I need help! I've nearly finished my second sleeve for my BFC and I tried seaming my other finished one and attaching it and it just looked horrible. Has anyone got any tips? I've always been rubbish at seaming but the bulk of the yarn is making it look a million times worse!

I think that I had the same problem you are experiencing. Like Oatmeal, I frogged back to the armpits, knit the sleeves in the round and then grafted the live stitches from the sleeve onto the body. I did the sleeves from the top down (use a provisional CO) in case I didn't like the sleeve length, I could easily change it. I followed these instructions to graft the sleeves.

http://tinyurl.com/2ta9wa

I am anxiously waiting on Mr. UPS. I ran out of yarn and had to order another skein from Yarnzilla. It should come today! I so want to finish my sweater. I have frogged a lot and am want to move onto another project.

candice

That sounds like a good idea. I might frog me sleeves and do them again in the round. Thanks for the help.I ran out of yarn too at the last second but I just had to pop out to the shop to get another ball. Waiting for a delivery would drive me crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artyarv
« Reply #432 on: May 04, 2007 03:07:48 AM »

As Twinkle yarns aren't available in the UK I thought I might be waiting a while to start knitting these patterns. However, encouraged by skwirel's shopping tunic, I have started knitting the same pattern in Rowan Big Wool - and fingers crossed, so far, it's looking promising!

I also really want to try some of the summer knits and think Debbie Bliss' Cathay yarn might be a good substitute for Twinkle Cruise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skwirel

the best thing is to love and be loved in return

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2007 04:06:39 PM »

you will need the circular needles sizes 11-36
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes i'm serious. but don't call me shirley.

http://pearlknitpurl.blogspot.com/
ravelry user name: skwirel
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2007 10:44:59 PM »

I found 17 and 19 circs at my local Michael's! Apparently Lion Brand and Susan something make them, but I only found 29" circs. I got those anyway, figuring that I'll only make the largest size for myself anyway, but it's still a stretch - literally. (I hope my Evening Shell doesn't end up distorted.) Anyway, for anyone else who doesn't want to shell out for Addi Turbos, the Lion Brands were 12 bucks and 16 bucks, and the Susans were about half that much.

So, yeah... I'm working on the Evening Shell now, with Lion Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Cranberry. I was confused about the yardage though - the pattern said (for size L) 3 skeins of 83 yards each, OR 164 yards... but 3x83 yards is more than 164... I don't know. I bought the larger number just in case. I can use the extra for something else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2007 09:28:39 AM »

hm...
I've started knitting the Twiggy Tunic in size S, because based on my bust measurement, that's the size I ought to knit (according to pg. 78)
However, in the photo (non-pattern section) she says to "be like Twiggy and knit a size smaller than you'd normally wear." 
As I've been knitting the sleeve, I'm wondering if I should have knitted the XS instead because it seems a wee bit bigger around than I'd like.  I know I'm using super bulky yarn, but I don't want to look like a gorilla!

I'm using Lion Brand Woolease Thick and Quick and US 13 needles.
Maybe I should try doing the body in XS to see how that fits.
Opinions?

edit: I just noticed that to get your cables (on the Twiggy Tunic) to twist the way they have them in the photo, you actually need to do a C4L, not C4R.  In the photo, their cables on the front twist to the left, not to the right.  (C4L is holding 2 sts to the front, not the back.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007 11:56:22 AM by ijsblokje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

janeausten
« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2007 12:20:53 PM »

I finished my Balthazar Vest! It's my first sweater type thing that I've made and it fits!  yay.  It's Lion Brand T&Q in Lemongrass.  oh and addi turbos rock! My first time using those too.  Excuse my pajamas.  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2007 02:48:21 PM »

janeausten (props, btw - I love Jane!), that's adorable! I think that'll be next on my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
Fire-Cherry
Quirky, Quixotic & Quintessential

Quirky, Quixotic & Quintessential

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2007 04:43:30 PM »

Wow!! I have got to get this book!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janeausten
« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2007 04:47:18 PM »

janeausten (props, btw - I love Jane!), that's adorable! I think that'll be next on my list.

thanks! (jane is the best)  too bad i cant wear it until probably october. Undecided  it was 90 degrees today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Poet Terrance Hayes Practices Creativity
Literary Vs. Commercial Fiction: Why Success Matters
Cheryl Strayed: How to Survive Family and Loss
Marie Arana on Simon De Bolivar
Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...