A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 110556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftybecky
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2007 11:43:57 PM »

finished my BFC! i now need to graft together the underarms and sew the arm seams up and go buy some buttons! I'll post a picture once i have sewn everything up and then after i get the buttons cos i think i'll get the buttons online and that might take a week or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mari.bee7
« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2007 05:10:36 AM »

Regarding the Feather Scarf: 

I followed the written directions for the lace ends - and THEN understood the diagram (since I don't really crochet).  I wish the directions were more user-friendly. However,  it is looking quite like the way it should  (except for a couple of mistakes!)   

At least the pattern goes quickly so that helps lower the frustration level.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candicane
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2007 07:00:52 AM »

Here is my Mini and Modified Karate Cardigan. I needed to use up this Elann Peruvian Cuzco that I have tried to knit into 3 other patterns, but did not like them. My gauge was way way off, so I guess I'm lucky it at least sort of fits. I really like the way the Dojo stitch looks in the fuzzy yarn. Seaming was not very fun though!

Candice

THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2007 10:20:14 AM »

Candicane, it's way cute!!! I like your mod a lot, actually - I'm more likely to make a smaller sweater than one I'd be swimming in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
candicane
« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2007 10:26:22 AM »

Thanks! Watch out for the arm length on the pattern. I think it was something like 25". In the pics in the book, the cuff is rolled up... but I really didn't like the way it looked like an inner-tube. I have really long arms and that length was too much for me.

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janeausten
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2007 12:46:27 PM »

love your sweater candicane Grin

i had to frog my balthazar because i had made at least 3 obvious mistakes. but i started over and im further along than i was before. it knits up so fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatieJane
« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2007 01:09:25 PM »

I need help! I've nearly finished my second sleeve for my BFC and I tried seaming my other finished one and attaching it and it just looked horrible. Has anyone got any tips? I've always been rubbish at seaming but the bulk of the yarn is making it look a million times worse!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2007 02:19:47 PM »

I need help! I've nearly finished my second sleeve for my BFC and I tried seaming my other finished one and attaching it and it just looked horrible. Has anyone got any tips? I've always been rubbish at seaming but the bulk of the yarn is making it look a million times worse!

A few people here (like oatmeal) grafted live stitches from the sleeves to the shoulders to avoid seam bulk. You could also try knitting the sleeves in the round to eliminate some bulk.

candicane, sweet mod!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
laura140281
« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2007 04:23:10 AM »

I am ordering this book in the next couple of days, can anyone tell me what different sizes of needles the patterns call for?  Thanks alot, I can't wait to get started! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candicane
« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2007 05:56:02 AM »

I think that I had the same problem you are experiencing. Like Oatmeal, I frogged back to the armpits, knit the sleeves in the round and then grafted the live stitches from the sleeve onto the body. I did the sleeves from the top down (use a provisional CO) in case I didn't like the sleeve length, I could easily change it. I followed these instructions to graft the sleeves.

http://tinyurl.com/2ta9wa

I am anxiously waiting on Mr. UPS. I ran out of yarn and had to order another skein from Yarnzilla. It should come today! I so want to finish my sweater. I have frogged a lot and am want to move onto another project.

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Traditional Korean Feast
Introduction to Life in India
At Home with our Indian Chef Kirti Rahi
How to Make Cucumber Raita
How to Make a Mongolian Cabbage Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...