A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 106777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

svetlaella
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2007 05:14:32 PM »

that is a great color candice! it's gorgeous.

i was at h&m the other day and saw a sweater that looked very familiar, i think it was a knockoff of the twiggy sweater. it had mini bobbles down the middle. anyone else seen it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewluv
« Reply #691 on: November 17, 2007 08:15:45 AM »

I am going to get this book soon!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008 05:00:41 PM by sewluv » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yogagirl
« Reply #692 on: November 18, 2007 09:08:59 AM »

Candicane, love your fo's!! I started on the groovy dress this week. Finished the sleeves, was 8 rows into the body and realized I'll have to frog (shouldn't have been watching the Office while knitting) due to dropped stitches and an extra one somewhere. One thing I'm not 100% sure about, Candicane might have been different with the small size, but with the medium, it says cont in established Lattice Cable pattern. This seems simple enough but it's confusing me how they warn with size M and L will not match at side seams. So does that mean established is throwing in the Purl 0(1, 2) in all the rounds as in round 1 of the body? I'm easily confused/confusing as you can see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candicane
« Reply #693 on: November 19, 2007 05:42:25 AM »

I think you are correct use the extra purl sts that you did on row 1 on all the rows of the lattice cable. It would have been helpful if they put that on the same page as the cable instructions just as a reminder. If you own the book, I would pencil it in so you don't forget.

Thanks for the compliments!

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yogagirl
« Reply #694 on: November 22, 2007 10:05:01 AM »

But of course. It wasn't making sense earlier because I dropped a stitch. It's working out lovely now though I had to tink back four rows because I didn't realize the lattice cable pattern was typed out for 24 rows. I was doing 1-10 over again until I realized. I'm really embarrassing myself now aren't I.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewluv
« Reply #695 on: January 01, 2008 01:12:32 PM »

Thanks, Erika, I did see your photo earlier -- very inspiring!  I liked the use of the black with just a little accent.  I would love to see other photos as well.  I'm sure you are right about the misprint.  The annoying thing is that since we can't get the right yarn locally, my knitting circle pal and I will have to purchase it online, but with that stupid misprint we have no idea how much to get.

On the whole it seems to me that the Twinkle knitting instructions appear to overestimate yarn quantities anyway, but 8,000 yards is ... well, that must be wrong!

Thanks again.  If anyone has any suggestions about the approximate yardage needed for the Chelsea sweater, please let me know.  The thing about that weird yardage is that they're NOT talking about the Cruise -- they're specifically talking about a super bulky yarn substitute!  So I'm really stumped.

Well I'm not sure if you did this yet or anything, but on the errata it says:
 " 1560 yds of any DK weight yarn in the color of your choice"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008 04:40:28 PM by sewluv » THIS ROCKS   Logged
otter5001
« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2008 03:52:21 PM »

Hey all!  I'm a relatively new self-taught knitter.  I'm trying to make my first sweater, the evening shell.  ANd it's been going pretty well so far, but I just have a question about the pattern.  In the armhole and neck shaping it reads:  "BO 2 sts, work seed st across next 5 (6,7) sts, turn."  What does the "turn" part mean?  It's probably really simple, I'm just not sure. 

Thanks
Mel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2008 04:31:17 PM »

Turn your piece as if you're at the end of the row; you may or may not be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
otter5001
« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2008 05:03:40 AM »

Turn your piece as if you're at the end of the row; you may or may not be.

Wait sorry, I'm still confused.  I'm knitting on circulars and I don't really turn it at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2008 08:27:13 AM »

That's okay. Turn anyway as if you were on circs. Work back and the next direction is probably to turn again so you're going the same direction as before. Sounds like you're doing short rows for shaping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Bean Sprout Stir Fry
How to Make a Traditional Curry
Hand Roll Sushi
Scattered Sushi
How to Garnish Your Sushi Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...