A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle's Big City Knits Book Knitalong  (Read 109482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2007 04:50:19 PM »

I had the same problem with my Twiggy - the weekend that I finished making it, it was 90 degrees outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
landry
« Reply #441 on: May 06, 2007 06:51:38 PM »

Getting hot here too! I got to the armhole shaping for my Shopping Tunic, but it's going to be 88 F here tomorrow. Might be a while before I can pick the project back up to finish comfortably.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
candicane
« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2007 06:59:26 PM »

For those who did the BFC seamless -- what did you do for neck shaping? Did you do the 4, 2, 2, 1 bind off at the neck edges and then pick up the bound off stitches to knit the garter stitches for the neck? So, close, but just not quite done!

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftybecky
« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2007 11:56:49 PM »

For those who did the BFC seamless -- what did you do for neck shaping? Did you do the 4, 2, 2, 1 bind off at the neck edges and then pick up the bound off stitches to knit the garter stitches for the neck? So, close, but just not quite done!

candice

I actually used short row shaping for mine (w&t). It worked out well! a row before you have finished the four repeats of the cable pattern knit until there are four stitches w&t. knit across until 4 stitches are left w&t and do that with 2 sts and then 1 st. then you knit across (picking up the w&t's) and then yuo just do the collar. easy and seamless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerlounge2000
« Reply #444 on: May 08, 2007 02:52:18 PM »

I'm in the home stretch on my Seaberry Shell (from IK Spring '06).  I love the shape, and the 60s ness of it, but should have listened to my inner voice that said I needed to lengthen it.  I'm 5'9", and this is too short for me though it's blocked to the correct measurements. I DO think it would look fabulous with a high-waisted pencil skirt though, so maybe I'll finish it as is and just limit wearing it to that one look.

One of the reasons for not lengthening it was that I love the way the bobbles end right at the neckline, and I didn't want to break up that design element.

As you can see I am having some problems figuring out the short - rows on the neck-shaping.  They are rather inscrutable.  Anyone knit this and figured them out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knit_north
« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2007 03:20:07 PM »

ooooooh its looking great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so soon
« Reply #446 on: May 08, 2007 04:51:24 PM »

The seaberry shell looks fantastic! I especially love it in bright red, and it is gonna look fab paired with a pencil skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
candicane
« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2007 11:20:52 AM »

The seabury shell looks great!

Here are some preview pics of my BFC. I did not do the bobbles or the neck button. My neckline is bigger than I had envisioned, but I didn't want it too tight either. I'm going to wash it and put buttons on to see how it looks before I make any more alterations.

I have frogged this thing so many times, it is already in need of a sweater shaver before its first wear.

I used the Twinkle Soft Chunky in Pink 05. Modeled pics once I do the buttons.

candice

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2007 11:38:43 AM »

here's a progress photo of my Twiggy Tunic.  I'm 30 rows into the cable patterning.

and a badly lit modeled photo.  it's hot outside, so I didn't bother getting it just right.  It fits pretty well.  I ended up making the XS size.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007 11:40:17 AM by ijsblokje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mari.bee7
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2007 11:57:13 AM »

The red Seaberry Shell,  the pink BFC,  and the navy Twiggy Tunic are FANTASTIC.

Question: What yarn is used for the navy Twiggy Tunic please???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
After Effects - Dead Planet
After Effects - Set Extentions
How to Add Demon Face Warp in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...