A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cardigan/jacket knitalong!  (Read 1381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flafofca
« on: November 19, 2009 07:48:47 AM »

Hi guys! Grin
I'm relatively new to the community (but have been checking it out for quite a while!). I started knitting about two months ago (yep, a begginer here!) and am currently working on my first "bigger" project. Since I am not as experienced as most of you out there, I sometimes loose a bit of my motivation, so I decided to start a knitalong, if anyone would like to join! Cheesy I'm sure it would help me finish my cardigan jacket faster and I would looooove to see what you guys did with this pattern - I'm sort of a photo junkie (the more photos, the better)! Smiley

Ok, so here it is, the pattern of the cardigan jacket (the pattern says it's a jacket, I say it's a cardigan Tongue Tongue) - http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=103&d_id=1
I wanted to post the photo, but I can't (yet), because I haven't posted 10 times in the forum (yet!) - I'm more of a lurker Tongue Anyway! You can see the photo at the pattern link! Wink

So, anyone interested in a knitalong? It'd be fuuun! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flafofca
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009 06:48:27 AM »

Ok, so I just finished the left front part (already finished the back earlier), and will be starting the right front part soon.
I decided to knit this cardigan a bit snugger, since I am very tall and wider clothes look very unflattering on me.

But now I have a question... Should I follow the pattern and only add 3 buttons on the top, like it is said, or should I put on buttons from top to bottom? What do you guys think? Huh

I am afraid that if I only use 3 buttons, the bottom of the cardigan will look uneven and unflattering. And if I add more buttons, I am afraid it will look too uptight, because it would probably look weird, if the collar is unbottoned and the rest isn't Roll Eyes I really don't know what to decide... What do you guys think?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009 01:22:46 PM »

The jacket (I mean cardigan) looks fun to make.  I'll give it a try!  I got alot of knitting project on my list.  But I'm a multi-tasker!  I'd keep the three buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Woman Spent $25,000 On Weave
3 Ways to Get Massive Hair Volume
How To Rock The Fishtail Braid Hairstyle
Glossy and Shiny Hair in 4 Steps
Amoy Pitters of Amoy Couture: VIBE VIXEN Salon Takeover
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...