A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not so Kitschy Kitchen Swap Gallery  (Read 7708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlbotgoods

my guinea pigs are plotting to take over the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2007 08:16:14 AM »

i had one ready...it made it through the first firing...then i glazed it and it blew up in the kiln  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2007 10:23:30 AM »

So cute.  I especially love the gnome towel topper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2007 11:33:06 AM »

I am trying to talk my husband in to a concrete gnome form - so I can have an army of them outside!  I guess I need to convince him a bit more!

Stinks about the ceramic blowout - I think I remember happening that to me on more than one occasion.  I loved ceramics class.  I really should look in to some adult education classes that are fun!  I never did get the hang of throwing on a wheel - the class I took I did the sculptures for a friend and he threw the bowls and vases.  It worked out really good and our teacher never was the wiser.  Mine always got snagged on my fingernails.  Now that I don't have talons anymore I might have a fighting chance at it!

You have inspired me to find my gnome designs for the embroidery machine.  I keep meaning to make myself a shirt with my army across the shirt.... I will have to fit it in somewhere between the yardwork, the designwork and the swapwork...

Can we have a "Create me a clone" swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2007 06:50:37 PM »

When I was in high school I took a ceramics class with my mom.  It was really really fun.  I wish I could do that again.  I made tons of cool stuff.  Unfortunately, none of it is around anymore! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2007 05:40:46 AM »

I did a few heads back then - I still have a few of them.  I should get them out of the box and post up pics.
I am feeling all inspired all of a sudden - and I hate when that happens and I KNOW I shouldn't be doing something other than work projects. I got a moving box full of yarn - okay, like double at least the size of a xerox box full of yarn... and there is another box on the way - yup.  All for work projects due the first week in June... and nope, haven't started yet.  I am going to start today. 

Okay, technically I did start but the graph paper I first started off with was knitter's graph paper and the ratio was off so I had a squatty result - so I moved to regular graph paper and that was off too.  So third time's a charm?  I hope so.  I am starting with the hardest projec this time around - get that one done and move on..

but now I want to get my fingers back in the clay.  I loved clay soooo much!

I love Craftster - before joining craftster I had my own little crafting niche - and didn't venture past it. Now I want more more more.  If it weren't for Craftster I would not have taken out my sewing machine, fell in love with the embroidery machine, taken an interest in resin - and now got my husband interested in resin which is even better since now I can pass that craft along to him and still feel responsible for it!
Love Craftster.  Love it Love it Love it. 
I need to make some tshirts for them to advertise it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2007 06:27:23 AM »

ok   I  have  alwasy  dreamed of  clay....  but where to  start?Huh  I  want to  do teh spinning  wheel  make a pot/vase/ whatever  type  clay...do I HAVE  to have a kiln  for that?
and  craftydeb   what  do  you do???  I know  you create  patterns  alot....and you work  yarn  magic!   but  like  what  do y ou do???
may I ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2007 06:46:43 AM »

I am a freelance designer.  I work with Caron yarns - so you will see my name here or there on things.  They come up with a concept (or pick some of mine) and then I design it. It goes to the big yarn shows and magazines and whatnot will select my patterns to go in the magazines - yeah, magazines are all run by the yarn companies!  My love is making blankets and stuffed things - I also have learned to love making purses.  I will make pretty much anything as long as it doesn't need to be sized - I just can't be bothered by that!
My work has been or will be shortly in most of the main crochet magazines - and a few knit ones as well (I machine knit - I never learned to like hand knitting - just too slow for me)  I was just in Crochet! and have a few coming up in Crochet Fantasy and Annie's Favorite.  I suck cause they emailed me a list of where my stuff was going to go in and flipping gmail deleted it.  I am now not using Gmail for my work and went back to Yahoo - at least there you don't delete an entire "conversation".  I really hate that "conversation" feature of gmail.  It is just ridiculous.

I have no clue on the clay and where to start - but pretty much if you build it,  you must fire it.  I think there are places you can take it to for firing.  I think I foresee some early summer claywork added to my list of things I really want to make.  I like yard art.  I am tacky.  I think I might need to make some ceramic yard art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2007 10:32:17 AM »

OH  ok !!!  thawk  on head  der! to me.....

I   really  want to  learn  pottery wheel ...... some  day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2007 04:29:55 PM »

If you like yard art, have you ever thought of using concrete?  My mom makes outdoory things with styrofoam molds and concrete.  You can mix it in a bucket on your back porch, and then just let it set up in your garage or something.  You can make really neat stuff with it.  I got her a book about it where they make garden benches and shaped pavers and neat stuff like that.  My mom made a giant concrete bird bath that looks like a leaf.  She made a styrofoam mold shaped like a leaf, and then took a huge leaf and pressed it into the top, so when it dried it had the leaf viens and stuff imbedded on it. 

Just an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2007 04:33:26 AM »

Awesome action shots LauraPalmr - and I am glad to hear about the lack of slimey mushrooms!  I was a bit skeptical when I saw that but there must be something to it!

I looove concrete - and have a few stepping stone forms I want to get in to this year - I used to have a duck concrete mold but it didn't make it to this house.  I have been looking in to buying some concrete forms for some yard art.  It is almost cheaper to buy the mold and make it yourself instead of buying the finished product from the way it seems... so I am looking.
I grow elephant ears here and thoought of that leaf birdbath.  A craftshow I used to sell at had a vendor that sold the leaf bowls and birdbaths and whatnot.  I was always intrigued by them.  Maybe this fall I will have to make some - I have a giant elephant ear that puts off leaves about 2 1/2-3' long... just screaming to be put on concrete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Skulls
How to Draw a Basic Manga Mouth
How to Do the Graffiti Letter D
How to Draw a Panther
How to Draw an Ellipse
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...