A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 306,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UPDATED: stretched earlobe jewelry (IMG HEAVY)  (Read 63716 times)
Tags for this thread: plugs , resin , craftster_best_of_2007 , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StuffedLove
She sees everything in <b>black</b>&WHITE

she falls up the stairs, she falls down the stairs

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2007 10:29:39 AM »

Yeh man fuking awsome! hope your selling, i had some plugs like top one but they were really heavy, i havent got any more yet because everyones looks the same where i live cuz its little place! and ebay seems to have the original kinds to!

Or if nots how about a tutorial, haha thx, love it x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rock on! - i dunno my icq numb so just search for Beautiful2watch
synthecide
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2007 03:26:21 PM »

thanks again everybody Smiley
magnum, in regards to filling tunnels, it's pretty self-explanatory.  i do it in layers; the first layer has to be filled on top of something that the resin won't stick to, like wax paper or rubber.  that way you have a solid layer that will prevent the rest of the resin from spilling out the bottom of the tunnel
QueerPenguins, working with resin can be difficult at times.  it's messy, and you have to be precise with measuring the amounts to mix together, otherwise your pieces will come out tacky or soft.  it's also difficult to mix without getting air bubbles into the resin.  different resin types are more viscous than others, and if you get a particularly viscous type, the air bubbles might never escape once they get trapped under the resin.  this is why industries use vacuum degassers--i don't have one yet but i'd like to get one (they are expensive, though).  they remove the bubbles out by sucking out all the air to create a vacuum chamber.
there are tons of ways to go about making these.  i'd suggest checking out the Smooth-On company website, since they make the products (that i think are) best fitting for this kind of work.  the rubbers and plastics they make are AMAZING.

Lindsay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elephantcrazy
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007 04:01:48 PM »

In the very first picture, where did you find the rings (labret or whatever they're for)?

Very creative idea =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
synthecide
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2007 04:42:27 PM »

elephantcrazy, i bought those off of BodyArtForms.com
they are plain steel captive bead rings, tiny at 1/4" diameter Smiley really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magnum
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2007 08:08:30 PM »

thanks synthecide for the info, I have worked with resin a bit..and it is tricky! mine is still never quite right .thats why your nice finished plugs are so impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

defenestrate!
mandasbrighteyes
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2007 08:39:35 PM »

wow, these are totally awesome! i would so buy from you if i had my ears done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In my world everyones a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

Wists!
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2007 03:39:02 PM »

oo now i want to re-gage my ears...i love the rose ones...actully i love all of them...there So freaking cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_nerve_
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2007 07:00:11 AM »

ahhh! those are all awesome. if i still had my ears gauged i would definitely have to buy some off of you. good work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Big Brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Ha-ha-ha-ha. Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!"
--Futurama
littlestellarbeam

I will live in kindness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2007 10:04:34 AM »

i am impressed. I had a friend who was trying to stretch her piercing to wear a flesh tunnel and i have to say, its not my cup of tea - however, your crafts make it look very nice. I especially like the one which an original earring can be utilised within it. Im a designer and love my designer earrings, and by that i dont mean designer labels...i mean style. I'd recommend to you to sell them. Theres a lovely shop in Manchester, UK called Afflecks Palace and they would sell brilliantly in there!!
Anyway, keep making them and selling them to!!!

They are way better than anything I've ever seen in Afflecks!!! They are all stunning. Like a lot of people in this thread, tunnels used to freak me out. But these make me go WOW!!! I would love some more random piercings but my parents would kill me, lol. I have my ears pierced just 1 in each ear lobe, and have 1.6mm things in them. My Mum isn't keen on them:0( I love them. Do piercings shrink if you leave them out, and by how much?? I.e If I went to 3mm would they shrink back to 1.6mm if I left them out long enough. I'm sure there is a site with all these answers somewhere (where??)

Jess

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2007 10:28:05 AM »

u should check out www.bmezine.com

They have lotsa piercing/tattoo info on there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...