A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: machine knitting board?  (Read 1648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smileygirl
yea, i knit with acrylic. what are you gonna do about it?

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007 11:58:21 AM »

what do you guys thing of creating a new board devoted to maching knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more you know, the less you don't know

I love being married.
It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
-Rita Rudner

My Blog!! http://raynaknits.blogspot.com
My Etsy!! http://www.raynascreations.etsy.com
nabi
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007 02:20:49 PM »

I'll put in a vote!  I received an old machine from a co-worker of my mom's last fall and was completely blown away by it.  I made two afghans for Christmas gifts in about two weeks.  The finishing took longer than the actual knitting!  It would be great to see other people's projects for some ideas and inspiration, and to have a place to ask questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway."
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007 02:44:33 PM »

If you look around the knitting boards, you'll see LOTS of machine knitting projects.  The boards are not only for hand-knitting.  A quick search for the term Machine in either the body or only the title will return plenty of results.  A while back someone suggested a knitting loom board, and you can read my full response, as well as that of a number of other mods, starting here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72751.msg1441635#msg1441635
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008 02:20:45 AM »

I'm not sure but I may be breaking some craftster rules here.  I just posted this over at the knitting section but then I found this discussion board, which I have never previously been to in the year that I've been on craftster. Smiley
So here I am posting something multiple times, sorry if that's not proper.

Anyhow what I am wondering is, what is the best way to put the word out on craftster to find out if anyone else here has a knitting machine and might want to connect in the usual craftster-y eays to talk about the care and use and and joys and challenges of machine knitting.

Since I made my other post in the knitting section, and since I am asking for help, it occurred to me that since there are so many different knitting tools out there (such as the "nifty" knitter type of knitting looms or frames, sock machines, and so forth) some elaboration might be in order.  I am referring to this type of machine:

http://www.knitwitkreations.com/knitting-machines-silver-reed-280.html

They're called punchcards or flatbeds.  Mine is an old-school, manual version (not electronic) by Brother, about 20 years old. 

I know this might be kind of a long shot, as it's a pretty specialized piece of equipment, but someone pointed out to me that you can find them in a wide price range on ebay pretty regularly so I began to wonder if maybe there are other users out there....? Smiley

btw I did do a general search for "knitting machine" and looking through the first several pages didn't see any highlights that showed "knitting" and "machine" right next to each other.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
lv.2.craft
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009 12:07:57 PM »

Hi, I'm a machine knitter. What can I help you with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009 01:18:12 PM »

Oh, I just wanted a place to post projects, talk about stuff, you know...the usual craftster stuff.  Talk about machines, share internet sources for machines and accesories and coned yarn, so on & so forth.  My machine actually isn't even set up at the moment because of a move, having to store stuff, wondering if I have space, etc., but I miss it and I guess I'm just looking for some inspiration. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Nesse
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009 07:22:43 PM »

My mum has a fancy knitting machine and the ultimate sweater machine (that I occasionally use) and we both often have questions. a knitting machine section would be nice Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pug2010
I love crafting .camping, making thjngs from recycling, baking

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009 09:53:04 AM »

I'm trying to learn the nifty knitter  got any ldeas where i can go to learn more about it? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelby Lynn
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009 05:07:29 PM »

There is a thread on the knitting discussion and questions board for the Knifty Knitter and other knitting looms.  Last time I checked it was a "sticky" and near the top of the page in that category.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dory and Nemo
How to Draw a Labrador Puppy
How to Create Motion Tweens in Flash CS4
How to Open XFL Files from InDesign in Flash CS4
Publishing to Adobe AIR or Flash Player in Flash CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...