A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveler's Swap  (Read 4181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twowishes

I am the warden of PUPPY JAIL.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007 11:30:48 AM »

Tenrec and I got together earlier this week to swap items in person!  Slightly stressful -- because what if your partner hates something and has to fake enthusiasm?? -- but speaking from my end, at least, everything was just thrilling!

She gave me a tote bag, a little bag full of travel-size apothecary items (love the word "apothecary", it's so chic) and a felted soap, cool picture frames with Scrabble letters that spell out JOURNEY and EXPLORE, a neat travel journal, and a belt with a secret zippered pocket for money. 

The tote is exceedingly gorgeous, and when she first pulled it out, I wantedwantedwanted but was worried that it was her own tote that she was just using to transport the items.  I blurted out "IS THE TOTE FOR ME!?!??"  Luckily it was, and I have immediately made it into my purse-of-the-moment.... 

Photos of our swap itself may have to wait because Sarah was wielding the digi-cam and is having a busy week, but here's a slightly blurry pic of my puppy enjoying the tote:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

So I finally started a blog.... 
auntiem
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007 12:04:21 PM »

That is so cool that you exchanged in person! Looking forward to seeing all the goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007 12:17:26 PM »

I got my things on Tuesday, but a busy week means it has taken till now to have the time to upload my photos! My package was awesome.

First of all, here is the box (with a curious Lulu...)

All of the items unwrapped:

Meet Sheldon...

I hate flying so Auntiem has made me a flight-friend. He has been imbued with good flight mojo from Auntiem's flight buddy Tigger  Grin I'm sure all flights will now be easy!!! I have to say he was much admired at work.

My small travel bag, with lots of handy pockets:

And finally, my fantastic tote. Its so comfy to carry and has been used every day this week for work! And it has loads of space.

It has several internal pockets and the other side has a clear pocket for easy access to magazines. Or, as my husband suggested, a notice that says "Place money here". Hmmm  Cheesy (I didn't photograph that side because of flash problems).

She also sent me lots of lovely leaflets (including one for a bead shop!), some cotton buds, lip balm and nail files for travel, the tiniest playing cards with dice (woo dice! I roleplay so was pleased with them!), and, huzzah, a SHARPIE! I keep reading about them here and I've never seen one before!

Thank you so much for everything Auntiem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007 12:44:03 PM »

Glad you liked!
I'm a firm believer that you should always travel with a Sharpie (that's the retired stage/tour manager in me).
My SO thought that it was heeelarious that Sheldon's shell comes off - he thought I should have put a "tatoo" on his belly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007 01:51:59 PM »

One of colleagues (an ecologist) delighted in taking his shell off and said he looked like a floppy newt. Poor Sheldon. The indignity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danabanana
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007 07:59:26 PM »

Heathers' package arrived this morning and i can't believe how great it is!!!! She definately put my package to shame.  She sewed a beautiful makeup bag and a really great hobo bag! She also included some stationary from Japan that is bizarre and adorable (like many japanese things!). Thanks so much Heather!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My literary magazine launched! www.whitelephantonl ine.org
danabanana
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007 08:02:47 PM »

forgot to add, Benny loves when we take the camera out and immediately arranges herself for photo ops! I love that looking through other pictures, kitties seem to make their presences known...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My literary magazine launched! www.whitelephantonl ine.org
tenrec

*adaptive*radiation*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007 04:57:22 PM »

Twowishes and I had a great swap!  (Thanks for posting earlier, it has been a hectic week!)

Here's twowishes will the things that I made for her:

There's the totebag (made with fabic I bought on a trip to Panama), the apothecary potions (the orange thing is the felted soap), the travel journal, the two photo frames (with starter photos that can be replaced with ones from her travels!), and the ribbon belt.

And here I am with my goodies:

I have a totebag with hotel "stickers" from all over the world, a shoe bag (made from great vintage-looking fabric), a wooden bead necklace (great to travel with), a lingerie bag with Hawaii fabric on the outside and kimono fabric on the inside, a paperweight with an African stamp, and two issues of the National Geographic Traveler magazine!

I had a great time with our swap - especially meeting in person.  And I loved it all!!!

Thanks twowishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy_UK
Got any sci-fi?

I don't like cricket. Oh, no. I love it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007 07:46:53 AM »

Polkadot Pixie is currently in Costa Rica so auntiem said I could post what I'd made.  She said she liked nature, dots, stripes and reds and greens.

The whole lot:

The sewing kit:

The toothbrush/toothpaste holder (specifically requested):

The tote bag with detatchable coin purse:

I also sent her some information about my home town and some about a town near me with the same name as PP's home town.

Edited for really bad code!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007 09:29:32 AM by Amy_UK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new blog: http://dyedinthewool.wordpress.com/
Do you craft?  Are you called Amy, or Amie or Ami?  Join us at http://knittingamys.blogspot.com
auntiem
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007 09:16:09 AM »

I love that fabric!
Everybody did such a fantasitc job!
Twowishes - where did you find the hotel "stickers"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Eyeshadow Last All Day
Get Party Pretty With Just One Unexpected Product
EPISODE 5 SNEAK PEEK: Think Like a Drag Queen
How to Do Glamorous, Shimmery Makeup
How to Spoon Away Your Puffy Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...