A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Built by Wendy #3835 ETA: 2nd on pg. 3!  (Read 13983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007 07:54:19 PM »

I JUST finished mine!
I posted it here, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158144.0.

Yours turned out so cute!  I love the fabric of the first one. 
I can't wait to make another one.  Has anyone tried this pattern with a tshirt knit fabric?  I know it's not one of the suggested fabrics, but it also doesn't say NOT to use it (like some patterns do with certain fabrics), so I was just curious if it would turn out alright...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007 11:13:17 PM »

I JUST finished mine!
I posted it here, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158144.0.

Yours turned out so cute!  I love the fabric of the first one. 
I can't wait to make another one.  Has anyone tried this pattern with a tshirt knit fabric?  I know it's not one of the suggested fabrics, but it also doesn't say NOT to use it (like some patterns do with certain fabrics), so I was just curious if it would turn out alright...

I was thinking of trying stretchy fabric for the dress in this pattern. But because the pattern is made for non stretchy fabric it's loose so I would go down a size or so and take it in. I'm sure it would be ok with a few modifications.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
skrillaknits
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007 07:45:53 AM »

Another knitter here who stumbled upon this on your blog.  I have been sewing bags lately and loving it, although I have NEVER sewn from a pattern!!  This may just have to be my first!   Grin

Do it--I've been working up the nerve for a couple of years now (no joke), I read everything I could and I was fully intending to make my first garment out of muslin--I think it's called a toile? Anyhow one night I just decided "I'm ready!" and made the first one. It was really so easy. Just like knitting, there is no time limit, you just take your time and read the directions. The second one was much more intuitive, it all made sense how the pieces fit together. And mistakes aren't irreversible like I thought--they just take more time to rip than knitting =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007 10:49:39 AM »

I'm in - I just need to find the pattern.  Also, I thought they were done in jersey... What fabric is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
skrillaknits
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007 10:02:21 AM »

I'm in - I just need to find the pattern.  Also, I thought they were done in jersey... What fabric is it?

They be done in jersey, but mine are in cotton. Another Craftster (erincatherine) just posted a tunic she made in jersey from a ByW pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skrillaknits
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007 10:14:18 AM »

Hey,

I'm a *total* newbie at sewing, but I bought myself a machine and am pretty determined! lol! Do you think that it would be in any way possible to make this top longer?

I mean, obv, I know I can make it longer, lol, but will I have shape issues?
Thanks for any replies!

I'm pretty sure that the top is cut from a generic 'front' piece that is longer for the other dresses, so you should just be able to not cut at the 'top' cut line.

Speaking of cutting--as I mentioned, I cut the wrong size (size 10) and bought another pattern to re-cut it. This means I have a totally usable pattern available for whoever wants it. For reference I am 5'8" and about 130 lbs, 34B bra size. I think these tops fit just fine but they are a LITTLE tight under the armpits. First person to send me a personal message with your address gets the pattern! I hate to waste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lait
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007 10:18:26 AM »

super super Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007 12:54:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the top is cut from a generic 'front' piece that is longer for the other dresses, so you should just be able to not cut at the 'top' cut line.

Speaking of cutting--as I mentioned, I cut the wrong size (size 10) and bought another pattern to re-cut it. This means I have a totally usable pattern available for whoever wants it. For reference I am 5'8" and about 130 lbs, 34B bra size. I think these tops fit just fine but they are a LITTLE tight under the armpits. First person to send me a personal message with your address gets the pattern! I hate to waste!

I totally would if I already didnt have the pattern, oh well next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
Scary Teri
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2007 04:03:03 PM »

Great job! i think the fit is perfectly flattering! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The connotations wearing my nerves thin
Could it be semantics generating the mess we're in?
I understand that language breeds stereotype
But what's the explanation for the malice, for the spite?
tricia
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2007 09:02:59 PM »

Wow, both of those tops look great. I just started working on that pattern too, but I am afraid it is coming out too small. Hopefully it will fit my younger sister.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Working with the Scrub Tool
Adobe Production Studio - Adjusting Panels and Saving a Custom Workspace
Adobe Production Studio - Looking at the Mixer Panel in the Multitrack View
Adobe Production Studio - Editing in the Spectral Frequency Display View
Adobe Production Studio - Introducing the Adobe Audition 2.0 Interface
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...