A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Built by Wendy #3835 ETA: 2nd on pg. 3!  (Read 14243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007 09:22:21 AM »

i just made that top from that pattern yesterday!  apparently i lost some weight because the size i normally wear was about two sizes too big. waaah!. i tried to fix it, but alas, i just ruined it. i'm glad yours came out so well!

great job Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
heatherxxll
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007 09:34:33 AM »

I am in the final stages of that pattern myself, making the minidress with a couple of mods. I love love love that pattern and it looks fantastic on you!

Oh and I should mention that this is my first pattern also, and I too am a diehard knitter Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
virginiawoolf
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007 01:16:57 PM »

Ahhh! Love, love, love this top. I am obsessed with Built By Wendy and Sew U right now (I'm in the midst of making the blouse) and I loved this shirt when I first saw the pattern. Well done! You make me want to run out and buy this pattern ASAP.

PS - I am also a knitter who has been getting more into sewing these days. It must be something in the air!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A canadian is someone who can make love in a canoe."
Le blog: http://emmasfavouritethings.blogspot.com/
nyssa1231
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007 02:03:02 PM »

I LOVE IT! I was planning on making this very top this weekend. I love the retro fabric. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dyno
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007 02:26:39 PM »

congrats! that's an impressive first item. Smiley the fabric is great.

btw, pattern sizes are always different from ready-to-wear (storebought) clothing sizes. Usually you need to go up 2-3 pattern sizes to match your clothing size. Which is why it's important to look at the back of pattern envelopes for the size & measurements. Smiley  There's a long complicated reason for this, so I won't go into the why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gopoundsand
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007 04:04:36 PM »

Cheesy i love it! it looks adorable on you. i just bought that pattern and few others.. my fabric store had a sale on simpicity patterns this past weekend! 5 for $5! that is very impressive for your first pattern. i'm also a beginner at using patterns. i don't know if i should attempt the pattern you just used or the tunic-y one, if you know which one i mean. i wonder which one may be easier? Sew U is on my birthday list, and i just did my "pioneering woman of the future" essay on wendy! phew that was a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007 05:55:04 PM »

Great top! This one's next up in my line of Bult by You pattterns I MUST make!! I'm so glad I have a sewing class in school so I can work on these, while mom pays! I'm almost done the 4111 top (started monday and left it at school with the sleeves pinned and ready to go today) and plan on getting fabric for this one on the weekend. I'm glad to see it come out so well in real life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
skrillaknits
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007 09:25:09 PM »

I love it!  The fabric is gorgeous.

But...

I really want to see a picture of the Hello Kitty sewing machine too! Cheesy

Ha! It's available online at Target.com, and it seriously kicks ass for a new sewer. It's sturdy and slow and not intimidating at ALL. I bought a big girl Janome too but I haven't tried it out yet. I'm starting slowly!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments! I swear, Craftster love should come in pill form, there is nothing like it! I totally, totally encourage all you knitters to try this out. I knew that this pattern would be a perfect first try since there are only five pieces and elastic details which seem to be an 'easy way out' approach--it's sort of the sewing version of the garter stitch scarf. I tell you though, I really wasn't expecting such a wearable top out of this! It has a lot to do with the fabric but I have not taken this thing off since I finished it! I think the loose boxy, stand-away from the body look is tres chic at the moment and it's comfy as all get out. I was already making another immediately after I ironed my last seam on this one.

Good luck, can't wait to see more of these!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007 10:05:54 AM by skrillaknits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
angeltreats
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007 06:01:30 AM »

Not fair - I live in the UK and I could get it shipped over here for about $200 inc taxes!  Ah well, I really don't need another sewing machine, but I would love it as it's so cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nonane
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007 07:19:19 AM »

hey that looks really cute! i love the sleeves...great job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cara Delevingne Models Topshop For London Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 Highlights: Sporty Trends
NYFW Spring 2014: How Top Models Party Post-Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014: The Most Stunning Street-Style Shoes
The Best Model Off-Duty Style at NYFW Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...