A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My apparently lame attempt at a D20..  (Read 5108 times)
Tags for this thread: dice  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007 08:09:32 AM »

I love it. One thing that helps edge is trimming the edges before you turn it out. All that trouble and no likey? The boys I game with are too nice to say anything mean about my crafty tendencies so I'm on the other end of the scale. I appreciate your work! Beautiful.

It's hard to make them on the smaller scale, though. Dammit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
gilgamesh
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007 01:04:51 AM »

just tell him you made it with love and put lots of effort in, even if he doesn't like how it looks he can appreciate that right? I think they look awesome! Excuse my stupidness but what is a D20? I'm foreign and have never heard that term before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa: "You've fallen through the cracks of our quick-fix, one-hour photo, instant oatmeal society!"
tad1uk
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007 09:27:17 PM »

its not lame. ....im not sure what exactly they are *im guessing something similar to fuzzy dice that ppl hang in their windshield are but not...?* buuuut....whatever it is...looks good. i like the colors and the soccer ball look but the numbers give it a nice twist. and i can tell you put in alot of work cuz there are alot of sections to sew together.
i doubt your bf is a jerk or anything he just didnt realize how hard you tried....ida pulled a guilt trip or made him feel bad or something cuz thats how i am... Sad haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seetulane
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007 09:32:27 AM »

spiffy.  I love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GwendyJ666
The Clever Orb

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007 04:44:24 PM »

I certainly like it! My boyfriend thinks it's pretty cool, too... looks cuddley! You shouldn't be wasting your time with a boy who clearly has no taste in quality crafted goods....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Crafty. Are you?
Wildfyre
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007 04:51:56 PM »

Yikes, ok, I'm thrilled that everyone likes it but honestly.. don't be to harsh on the boy  Shocked
He's just brutally honest and somewhat of a perfectionist so I think the soccer ball look bugged him  Tongue When he realized it upset me ( a few days later) he took it back lol I'll just have to try to get a more dice looking version Smiley
Seriously though, he's worth crafting for anytime. Once he saw the Monster Manual Cover I made for dragonslair http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154873.10 he had a swift change of mind about crafting hehe

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
sarantha
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007 11:48:50 AM »

I'm a gamer girl, too, and I like your dice - they are at least as angular as the plush d20 that we bought at a games store. I don't like the numbers too much though, because they don't look right for dice, too "sportsy" somehow. More what I'd expect on a football shirt. I'l love them with other numbers. I'd never be patient enough to sew some for myself. *Sigh*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallo aus Deutschland! Hi from Germany!
I'm interested in personal swaps - and if you live in Europe, we could swap some fabrics - PM me!

http://www.wists.com/sarantha
Wildfyre
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007 12:15:32 PM »

I'm a gamer girl, too, and I like your dice - they are at least as angular as the plush d20 that we bought at a games store. I don't like the numbers too much though, because they don't look right for dice, too "sportsy" somehow. More what I'd expect on a football shirt. I'l love them with other numbers. I'd never be patient enough to sew some for myself. *Sigh*

Oooh, maybe it was the numbers then. I'll have to look online for other number options. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have the patience to embroider them..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
verdilak
Craft On!!!

Craft On!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007 10:06:41 PM »

i would love it if my wife made me a D20... sucks to be him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

farmgirljane
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007 12:06:37 PM »

As for making it crisper, I would suggest using a thin but sturdy fabric so you don't get bulk in the folds and heavy duty interfacing of some kind.
It may not be as cute and cuddly as the lovely one you already have though...

Sorry to appear a dunce but not sure what a D20 (I know it is a dice) is used for.

Anyway her in Aussie we can buy a really stiff iron on interfacing which is used for pelmets so this may be an option, I use it for my fabric postcards. It would have to be cut to the exact pattern size as it is like trying to turn a tree inside out if it is caught in the seams.  Also trimming the inside seams back to a 1/4 inch or smaller will add to the crispness of the sides.

Hope this helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my challenge 31 entry Jeannie's getting married in the morning and don't forget to vote
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
All Eyes on Penelope Cruz
Behind the Scenes: Gwen Stefani
Victoria Beckham Wins at Wimbledon in a Sexy Slip Dress
Kanye West Designs Denim Collection For French Label
Score a Perfect Look for a Summer Night Out
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...