A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you trim off your corners before turning inside out for wallets etc.???  (Read 464 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rr
« on: February 20, 2007 07:20:42 AM »

???How do you trim your corners before turning inside out for wallets etc. I just clip the point but I don't get a nice point (square) once its right side out I get a rounder corner .I have been trying wallets and check book covers but just cant figure out the corners.help Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007 07:28:41 AM »

you could try clipping the corner off as you do, then use pinkers to remove a little bit more bulk from the edge around the corner. also, you should try to find a corner point, though i think it's called something else. a bone folder from the scrapbooking store would also work. i use birchwood sticks- the kind that come in manicure sets, you can usually find them easily in the nail care section of the drugstore.

you use these tools to poke the corners GENTLY from the inside out. you'll be much more satisfied with your results
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rr
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007 07:51:14 AM »

kmsmaverick   Thank for responding.I have a plastic chopstick with a point I use to do that but still get the round corners.Could it be that I have stitched in to far all  around the item and I have to much BULK.Should I trim closer to my stitching before I flip? Hope that makes since
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007 08:58:59 AM »

yes, that might help. what is your seam allowance? if the SA is .5 inch, you'll need to trim more of it off. also, you have to be a bit daring when you clip the corner itself.  we want to be careful when we clip corners, so the seam doesn't unravel, but we need to clip it close enough that the corner is a corner.

you could clip one, then turn just that one and point it to see if you need to clip more.

here's a little diagram i just made. (what a nerd)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Earrings - Advanced Earrings
How to Make Earrings - Basic Earrings
How to Make Earrings
How to Refashion Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Cleaning Our Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...