A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dr. Who scarf!  (Read 1861 times)
Tags for this thread: dr_who , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lillizzyl
« on: February 19, 2007 01:17:07 PM »

So a dear friend of mine requested the ridiculously long scarf from Dr. Who and I had to oblige.

modeling:

pattern from http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/

it came out way bigger than it was supposed to, but i am happy with the results as is the recipient which is really all that matters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007 02:29:50 PM »

That looks great!  Smiley

I knitted a Doctor Who scarf for my husband a few years ago.  I kept "borrowing" it.  So he made me knit my own.

DH doesn't wear his any more, due to a near-accident involving the scarf.  He was driving, and when he got in the car he didn't notice that one end of the scarf was trailing outside the car door.  He got on the interstate, and he was tearing down the highway at 70mph when the end of the scarf got wrapped around the left rear tire.  Suddenly he was pulled up against the car door.  Fortunately (for him, me, and the other passengers in the car) he was not injured and was able to pull over and detangle himself from the scarf.  I repaired the scarf, but he won't wear it any more.  Just a word of warning for your friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillizzyl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007 02:40:03 PM »

DH doesn't wear his any more, due to a near-accident involving the scarf.  He was driving, and when he got in the car he didn't notice that one end of the scarf was trailing outside the car door.  He got on the interstate, and he was tearing down the highway at 70mph when the end of the scarf got wrapped around the left rear tire.  Suddenly he was pulled up against the car door.  Fortunately (for him, me, and the other passengers in the car) he was not injured and was able to pull over and detangle himself from the scarf.  I repaired the scarf, but he won't wear it any more.  Just a word of warning for your friend.

holy S!  Shocked i'll definitely tell my friend.  but hopefully it won't deter him from wearing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moneycll
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007 06:48:51 PM »

Wow you are a GOOD friend! That is huge, just the way it should be. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

e_bar_goum

I knit therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007 12:09:59 AM »

awesome!  Smiley
I am about halfway through my season 16 dr who scarf! yours looks fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007 06:37:02 AM »

Oh, my knitting gods! The miles and miles and miles of garter stitch! How did you not die of boredom!

(In other words, you are a far better knitter and friend than I. I'd take one look at all that garter st, and run away screaming!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007 06:45:09 AM »

Congratulations on your knitting stamina. When I was in grad school, a classmate who was learning to knit decided to make a continuous swatch to learn various textured & cabled patterns...changed colors when she felt like it, and eventually had a very Dr. Who scarf. Yours is very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillizzyl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007 11:34:39 AM »

thanks for all the comments!  it was actually pretty quick and easy since its all garter stitch and the stripes helped me keep from being bored.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph with Infrared
How to Shoot an Engagement Shoot
How to Photograph with a Point and Shoot Camera
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
How to Shoot marketing portraits
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...