A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slouch-a-long!  (Read 36269 times)
Tags for this thread: slouchy_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tamagotchi
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007 06:31:19 PM »

I'll join this!  I've been in a frenzy of hat knitting lately.  I really want to try le slouch, so maybe this will be a motivator to cast on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
elbow in the spine
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007 07:01:39 PM »

I'd love to join... I'm looking to make a hat like Keri Russell was wearing at Sundance.
My original post is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153618.0

and here are a couple more pictures:

Now all I need is someone to help me figure out how to knit it Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamagotchi
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007 09:32:23 PM »

I'd love to join... I'm looking to make a hat like Keri Russell was wearing at Sundance.
My original post is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153618.0
Now all I need is someone to help me figure out how to knit it Smiley

You could probably use a pattern like the e-town hat.  there's an earlier post in this thread to my own modified version of it.  just choose a similar wool and knit in 1x1 rib instead of doing the cables.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starburn
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007 09:35:08 PM »

i'm totally in!  question though, when i showed pictures to my boyfriend, he said that it's more of a hat for someone with a ton of hair, and mine's kinda thinner and shortish.  what do you guys think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new knitting blog!
http://davinshow.blogspot.com
tamagotchi
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007 09:36:33 PM »

i'm totally in!  question though, when i showed pictures to my boyfriend, he said that it's more of a hat for someone with a ton of hair, and mine's kinda thinner and shortish.  what do you guys think? 

I say boo to that!  I don't really have a ton of hair, and I find slouchy hats to be very flattering on me.  plus they're super warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007 11:06:02 PM »

I'm working on the Big Blue Beret, but in some random black acrylic I had lying around.. I'm a few inches into the k8, p1 pattern so far.
I also think I might modify the decreases near the top for a less gathered look, but haven't decided yet.
I'm excited cause I've been hunting for one of these perfect slouchy hats FOREVER. My best friend makes fun of me for trying everyone one I see in the store and debating the patterns Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007 12:45:03 PM »

im super diggin the kerri russell hat... i think im going to try it right away here... when i can find a spare moment to actually knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007 01:23:25 PM »

Hmm.  I think I need to have a how_german 'Big Damn Hat' and something like Keri Russell's hat...just need to scrounge up some appropriate DPNs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bespectacled
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007 05:08:41 PM »

So I finished my Big Blue Beret, but started the decreases early and it isn't terribly slouchy.. I'm unsure how I feel about it. I'll post some pictures later and get some opinions Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007 05:40:08 PM »

Hi there! I'm a newbie and I would just like to know what type of yarn is good for "wearables," like a slouchy hat. Right now, as a beginner, I would just just like yarns that could be found in local craft stores like Michaels and Joanns. I don't want to start online yarn shopping until I am actually a good enough knitter. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Oscar from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Peter Griffin from Family Guy
How to Draw the Incredible Hulk
How to Draw Tweety Bird
How to Draw Winnie the Pooh
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...