A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 3 (Sign-Ups Closed!!!; Send-Outs 03/19/07)  (Read 22974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 19, 2007 09:02:02 AM »

Swap name: Newbies Only Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: DisneyFan
Sign-up date range:02/19/07-02/26/07—or Until Full   
Date to send item by:  03/19/07

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Yes--24

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages, but if you’re under 16, please get your parent’s/guardian’s permission!!!  For real.  Ask mom, dad, older siblings, aunts, uncles, whatever if they’ll mind taking you to the craft store and post office. 

Details of swap:
Here’s the deal:  I know that there are a lot of you who think that swapping sounds like fun, you’re tempted to try, but then, you chicken out.  You think, what if my crafting isn’t as good as my partners?  What if I screw up?  What if I don’t understand how to do this no matter how many times I’ve read the swapping guidelines?  So many “what ifs”!  This is your opportunity to get your feet wet in the swapping pool with folks that are in the same boat!  This is your chance to ask all of the questions that you’ve ever needed answers to!  So, come on in—the water’s fine!  I will be your guide through the world of swapping.  If you have any questions or concerns throughout this swap, please PM me or post in the forum!  There are some rules that must be followed in order to have an optimal swapping experience.  Some are Craftsters rules, some are mine! 

•   I have now organized 2 swaps, and have realized that I need to be VERY SPECFIC about my rules.  Here there are:
1.   YOU MUST POST IN THIS SWAP THREAD AFTER YOU SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONAIRE PM IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED.  YOUR BEING ACCEPTED IN THE SWAP IS CONTINGENT ON ME SEEING A POST!
2.   YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK IN THE THREAD.  IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE.  FOR A THREE WEEK CRAFTINGTIME, THIS IS ONLY 6 POSTS!!!  EVEN AFTER CRAFTING TIME IS OVER, AND WE MOVE INTO GALLERY TIME YOU NEED TO CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE—NO COMMUNICATION = NERVOUS PARTNERS AND ORGANIZERS!!!  YOU ARE RELEASED FROM YOUR COMMUNICATION OBLIGATION ONLY AFTER BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER HAVE SENT AND RECEIVED!!!
3.   YOU MUST COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER.  IF YOUR PARTNER CONTACTS ME AND SAYS THAT YOU ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THEM, YOU WLL ALSO RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE.
4.   IF I GET THE FEELING THAT SOMEONE MAY BE A FLAKER, I WILL NOT ALLOW THEIR PARTNER TO SEND UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN SENT TO AND RECEIVED!!!
5.   WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PM TO JOIN THE SWAP, IF ALL OF OUR POSTS ON CRAFTSTER CONSIST OF ONLY “NICE JOB”, “GREAT”, AND THEY SHOW NO ACTUAL PARTICIPATION IN THE CRAFTSTER FORUM, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE!
6.   MOST IMPORTANTLY:  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE ONLINE, COMMUICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER, AND/OR CRAFT, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN!!!  THIS MAY SOUND HORRIBLE, BUT I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY FIRST-TIME SWAPPERS GET HOSED BY THEIR PARTNERS AND THAT LEAVES A TERRIBLE TASTE IN SOMEONE’S MOUTH!!!
•   Keep in regular contact with your swapping partner!!!  Some people end up “talking” more than others, but even if you don’t become fast friends with your partner, check in with them so that they don’t think you’ve fallen off the edge of the earth.  Let them know that you’re working on their crafts.  And, most importantly, the more you talk, the more you’ll get to know what they like!
•   Now, this is Craftster’s rule:  YOU MUST PM ME AND YOUR PARTNER WHEN YOU SEND AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE.  IF YOU ARE SENDING WITHIN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, YOU MUST HAVE A DC# (DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER)—THEY COST AN EXTRA $.50-$.60 IN THE US.  WHEN  YOU PM TO SAY YOU HAVE SENT, BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR DC NUMBER.  IF YOU ARE SENDING OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY AND CANNOT GET A TRACKING NUMBER, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF SHIPPING!!!
•   When you receive your swap package, you will then need to post in the gallery that will be created so that you can show off what you have received.  While posting pictures is not a requirement, I think that especially for this swap, it would be really great if everyone did.  If you don’t have a digital camera and cannot get access to one, please ask your partner to take pictures before they send. 
•   Ahhh….the crafting requirements….almost forgot:  Let’s do 1 Medium item and 3 small items (you may do a variation of this—1 large and 2 small, 2 medium and 1 small, etc.). The terms large, medium, and small are all relative.  I like to look at them from a time standpoint—Large=3 or more hours, Medium=1.5-3 hours, and a Small being 1.5 hours or less.  This is so important: IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND MORE THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT, PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PARTNER FIRST!!!  IF YOU AGREE TO SEND EACH OTHER MORE THAN THIS, FINE! 
•   Oh, I’ve probably forgotten something, so make sure that you read the information on swapping provided by Craftster.  And again, ask any question—there is no question that has been asked so many times that it can’t be asked again!   And just a reminder, I WILL NOT be crafting in this swap unless it becomes necessary for me to be a Swap Angel!  I’m here to organize and guide!
•   One more thing….keep in mind when filling out the questionnaire that the more flexible you are about what you receive, the easier it is to pair you up!  Personally, I like to allow my swap partners the flexibility to craft the things they love to craft—while keeping in mind my tastes.  Also, please do not ask for items that are completely out of the realm of possibility—your partner is not going to knit you a sweater in three weeks, and if you give them no other ideas, it’s going to be difficult to figure out what to craft you!  Also, I do believe that mentions of anything that can be perceived as “controversial” (i.e. religion, politics, etc.) should be left out of your questionnaire UNLESS it pertains to what you can/can’t receive from someone.  Then, AND ONLY THEN, it should be stated in this way:  “Due to religious, political, personal beliefs, I do not want to receive anything that is (fill in the blank).” 

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:  Newbie Swap Round 3
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country?

1.   What sorts of things are you most comfortable crafting?
2.   Is there anything that you would really like made for you?
3.   Favorite colors?
4.   Colors you hate?
5.   Are there any fabrics/yarns that you cannot stand?
6.   Allergies?
7.   Are you interested in receiving any type of clothing/socks/slippers?  If so, list your sizes here:
8.   Do you have access to a digital camera so that you can take pictures of what you receive and post them in the gallery?
9.   Is there anything that you absolutely would not want?

Tell your partner something about yourself.  Please go crazy here—the more info, the better:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Just so everyone is aware, my days off are on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and I work half days on Fridays, so there will be times where you DO NOT hear from me on those days.  I do a lot of my swap organizing at work because I have the time, so I'll usually respond pretty quickly between 7am-4pm mst on the days I'm here!!!

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Approved Swappers!!!

Bruisinraincloud
Kyrie04
ThisChiq
Bronzfrog
TheCraftyCat
iheartseanmackin
jesa
Hollistercobabe
theknitnkitn
Kazkitty
thewench
globox
RubyPurl
S is for Summer
beckster
razorsharp
danaisradxcore
Fluxity

Partners

If your name is Black, it means you are crafting.  If your name is Green, it means you have sent.  If your name is Purple, it means you have received.  And finally, when your name is Red, it means your partner has received!  

Bruisinraincloud->RubyPurl
RubyPurl->Bruisinraincloud

Kyrie04 ->Hollistercobabe
Hollistercobabe->Kyrie04

ThisChiq->theknitnkitn
theknitnkitn->ThisChiq

Bronzfrog->thewench
thewench->Bronzfrog

TheCraftyCat->jesa
jesa->TheCraftyCat

iheartseanmackin->beckster
beckster->iheartseanmackin

KazKitty->S is for Summer
S is for Summer->KazKitty

danaisradxcore->Fluxity
Fluxity->danaisradxcore

Razorsharp->globox
globox ->Razorsharp

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007 04:59:04 PM by DisneyFan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Kyrie04
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007 11:16:18 AM »

I'm in! I would love to do this swap! Thanks so much for organizing it for us. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007 11:34:12 AM »

this sounds awsome. I really want to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007 03:22:12 PM »

I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions before I commit.

You say, YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK IN THE FORUM.  Does that mean specifically in this thread?  Or does it mean anywhere on craftster, as an indication that we are indeed still around and didn't fall off the face of the earth?

Is communication with your partner generally done via PM or via email?  (I'm cool with either.)

Dumb question: How do I get a DC# if I use an automated postal center?  I'm in the US, and my local post office has an APC, but I've only used it to buy stamps and send packages that don't require delivery confirmation.

And I think that is it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007 05:30:46 PM »

I should go and change the phrasing for this---you need to post at least twice a week in this thread.  It really isn't that much, and I've had enough experience with non-communicative folks to know that it needs to be an actual requirement.  You can communicate with your partner either by PM or e-mail...as long as there is communication and I don't hear from one partner who wonders what they're suppose to make, if their partner is still around, etc.  I find that I usually have a good amount of communication at the beginning of a swap to narrow down what I'm going to make for someone, then, if it doesn't look like I'm paired up with a real chatty person, I just PM them every so often to let them know my progress, and then when I'm sending and when I receive.  AND FINALLY...there's a button on the APCs that asks if you want additional services other than just postage.  The DC# prints out on the big ole stamp that comes out and is on your receipt.  Smiley

Here's the Newbies Only Swap Round 2.  They are a great example of how wonderful all the chatting can be--they also set some high standards for crafting around here!
Original Thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144262.0
Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147887.0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007 05:34:20 PM by DisneyFan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
bronzfrog
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007 05:39:16 PM »

I would love to join your swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007 06:30:33 PM »

I am officially in.  PM vobiscum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007 06:37:19 PM »

I'm in!! I'm very excited (and a little bit nervous to craft for someone I don't know)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThisChiq

Your booty shivers me timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007 08:44:38 PM »

Grin  Im so excited! I'm an official swapster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Autumn indicates the death of beauty as we know
Keep on fighting one died from burning at his throat
Autumn swiftly stole the breath of body, mind and soul
 -10 Years "Autumn Effect"
ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007 02:24:03 AM »

i really want to join but i wont be a month long member until the fifth of march  Sad   Sad    i am so upset!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Face Drawing from the Front
How to Draw a Person
How to Draw Minnie Mouse
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...