Swap name: Newbies Only Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: DisneyFan
Sign-up date range:02/19/07-02/26/07—or Until Full
Date to send item by: 03/19/07
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Yes--24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, but if you’re under 16, please get your parent’s/guardian’s permission!!! For real. Ask mom, dad, older siblings, aunts, uncles, whatever if they’ll mind taking you to the craft store and post office.
Details of swap:
Here’s the deal: I know that there are a lot of you who think that swapping sounds like fun, you’re tempted to try, but then, you chicken out. You think, what if my crafting isn’t as good as my partners? What if I screw up? What if I don’t understand how to do this no matter how many times I’ve read the swapping guidelines? So many “what ifs”! This is your opportunity to get your feet wet in the swapping pool with folks that are in the same boat! This is your chance to ask all of the questions that you’ve ever needed answers to! So, come on in—the water’s fine! I will be your guide through the world of swapping. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this swap, please PM me or post in the forum! There are some rules that must be followed in order to have an optimal swapping experience. Some are Craftsters rules, some are mine!
• I have now organized 2 swaps, and have realized that I need to be VERY SPECFIC about my rules. Here there are:1. YOU MUST POST IN THIS SWAP THREAD AFTER YOU SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONAIRE PM IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED. YOUR BEING ACCEPTED IN THE SWAP IS CONTINGENT ON ME SEEING A POST!2.
YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK IN THE THREAD. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE. FOR A THREE WEEK CRAFTINGTIME, THIS IS ONLY 6 POSTS!!! EVEN AFTER CRAFTING TIME IS OVER, AND WE MOVE INTO GALLERY TIME YOU NEED TO CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE—NO COMMUNICATION = NERVOUS PARTNERS AND ORGANIZERS!!! YOU ARE RELEASED FROM YOUR COMMUNICATION OBLIGATION ONLY AFTER BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER HAVE SENT AND RECEIVED!!!3.
YOU MUST COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER. IF YOUR PARTNER CONTACTS ME AND SAYS THAT YOU ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THEM, YOU WLL ALSO RECEIVE THE COMMENT “POOR COMMUNICATION” IN YOUR PROFILE.4.
IF I GET THE FEELING THAT SOMEONE MAY BE A FLAKER, I WILL NOT ALLOW THEIR PARTNER TO SEND UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN SENT TO AND RECEIVED!!!5.
WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PM TO JOIN THE SWAP, IF ALL OF OUR POSTS ON CRAFTSTER CONSIST OF ONLY “NICE JOB”, “GREAT”, AND THEY SHOW NO ACTUAL PARTICIPATION IN THE CRAFTSTER FORUM, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE!6.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE ONLINE, COMMUICATE WITH YOUR PARTNER, AND/OR CRAFT, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN!!! THIS MAY SOUND HORRIBLE, BUT I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY FIRST-TIME SWAPPERS GET HOSED BY THEIR PARTNERS AND THAT LEAVES A TERRIBLE TASTE IN SOMEONE’S MOUTH!!!
• Keep in regular contact with your swapping partner!!! Some people end up “talking” more than others, but even if you don’t become fast friends with your partner, check in with them so that they don’t think you’ve fallen off the edge of the earth. Let them know that you’re working on their crafts. And, most importantly, the more you talk, the more you’ll get to know what they like!
• Now, this is Craftster’s rule: YOU MUST PM ME AND YOUR PARTNER WHEN YOU SEND AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE. IF YOU ARE SENDING WITHIN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, YOU MUST HAVE A DC# (DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER)—THEY COST AN EXTRA $.50-$.60 IN THE US. WHEN YOU PM TO SAY YOU HAVE SENT, BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR DC NUMBER. IF YOU ARE SENDING OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY AND CANNOT GET A TRACKING NUMBER, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF SHIPPING!!!
• When you receive your swap package, you will then need to post in the gallery that will be created so that you can show off what you have received. While posting pictures is not a requirement, I think that especially for this swap, it would be really great if everyone did. If you don’t have a digital camera and cannot get access to one, please ask your partner to take pictures before they send.
• Ahhh….the crafting requirements….almost forgot: Let’s do 1 Medium item and 3 small items
(you may do a variation of this—1 large and 2 small, 2 medium and 1 small, etc.). The terms large, medium, and small are all relative. I like to look at them from a time standpoint—Large=3 or more hours, Medium=1.5-3 hours, and a Small being 1.5 hours or less. This is so important: IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND MORE THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT, PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PARTNER FIRST!!! IF YOU AGREE TO SEND EACH OTHER MORE THAN THIS, FINE!
• Oh, I’ve probably forgotten something, so make sure that you read the information on swapping provided by Craftster. And again, ask any question—there is no question that has been asked so many times that it can’t be asked again! And just a reminder, I WILL NOT be crafting in this swap unless it becomes necessary for me to be a Swap Angel! I’m here to organize and guide!
• One more thing….keep in mind when filling out the questionnaire that the more flexible you are about what you receive, the easier it is to pair you up! Personally, I like to allow my swap partners the flexibility to craft the things they love to craft—while keeping in mind my tastes. Also, please do not ask for items that are completely out of the realm of possibility—your partner is not going to knit you a sweater in three weeks, and if you give them no other ideas, it’s going to be difficult to figure out what to craft you! Also, I do believe that mentions of anything that can be perceived as “controversial” (i.e. religion, politics, etc.) should be left out of your questionnaire UNLESS it pertains to what you can/can’t receive from someone. Then, AND ONLY THEN, it should be stated in this way: “Due to religious, political, personal beliefs, I do not want to receive anything that is (fill in the blank).”
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Newbie Swap Round 3
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country?
1. What sorts of things are you most comfortable crafting?
2. Is there anything that you would really like made for you?
3. Favorite colors?
4. Colors you hate?
5. Are there any fabrics/yarns that you cannot stand?
7. Are you interested in receiving any type of clothing/socks/slippers? If so, list your sizes here:
8. Do you have access to a digital camera so that you can take pictures of what you receive and post them in the gallery?
9. Is there anything that you absolutely would not want?
Tell your partner something about yourself. Please go crazy here—the more info, the better:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.Just so everyone is aware, my days off are on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and I work half days on Fridays, so there will be times where you DO NOT hear from me on those days. I do a lot of my swap organizing at work because I have the time, so I'll usually respond pretty quickly between 7am-4pm mst on the days I'm here!!!
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:Approved Swappers!!!
S is for Summer
If your name is Black, it means you are crafting. If your name is Green
, it means you have sent. If your name is Purple
, it means you have received. And finally, when your name is Red
, it means your partner has received!
KazKitty->S is for Summer
S is for Summer->KazKitty