A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 3 (Sign-Ups Closed!!!; Send-Outs 03/19/07)  (Read 23002 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007 06:20:50 PM »

Wist...whats that? Everyone always talks about them but I can't for the life of me understand what they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
Kyrie04
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007 06:27:57 PM »

wists are a wish list of things that you that you like. You can go to wists.com and it provides all the info you see. Basically you add a button to your tool bar and EVERY time you see something you like, you can add it to your wish list. It gives everyone an idea of the kind of stuff you like and can help ur partner in deciding what to make for you. They're pretty simple and lots of fun. I've been going crazy with mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyPurl
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007 06:28:27 PM »

Yippee! Just sent my info in and I am excited.

Thank you "thewench" for needing clarification on wist's because I do too!  I think I know but...not for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
jesa
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007 06:30:53 PM »

I've never had one before, either, but they are a great way to waste spend time...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kyrie04
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007 06:32:03 PM »

Ok so I wanted to make a bag because I have seen some really cool ones on here and there are some good tutorials. But now I'm terrified. I don't understand the tutorials! Even the simple ones are really complicated. I'm so intimidated by everyone on here. Everything that everyone posts is so cool. I don't know if I can keep up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007 06:45:08 PM »

ohhhh neat! Thanks I'll go start my own. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
bronzfrog
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007 07:15:27 PM »

Kyrie04 we are all beginners at something and there are many things that didn't turn out right the first time I tried it.  Sometimes the second time, sometimes Never.  Don't feel intimidated I'm sure there is a craft that you are really good at and you'll pick up many skills along the way. 
As for those purse tutorials.  Go out and buy some cheap fabric.  Walmart has some for $1 a yard, Goodwill in the city has fabric for $.49  a yard .  Ever an old shirt or a sheet destined for the trash will work.  Pick a tutorial that you like and get started.  Sometimes you can figure it out if you are making something and follow the tut step by step.  If you mess up or never figure it out then you haven't wasted good fabric.  If it did work out the next one will be easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
bronzfrog
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007 07:39:56 PM »

Well we have 4 days to wait to see who our partners are so I figure we could pass the time by introducing ourselves.  Being shy and all I was waiting for one of you to start but as I'll probably end up being the old timer on here I guess I'll do it.
Like I said I'm OLD.   Cough (42) cough.  I have 4 kids, one angel, a grandson, a herd of feline fur babies, fish, frogs and a hedgehog.
My oldest daughter and grandson live about 2 1/2 hours from me so I don't see them much when she is speaking to me.
My oldest son is in the Navy stationed in Norfolk, VA  He is supposed to be deployed in July, no idea where.  I'm scared to death. 
My other two a boy and girl are with their biological male parent in texas.
I work in a group home with learning disabled adults.  I've been doing that for almost 10 years.
I'm an expert at glue.  Love Modge Podge just haven't figured out what to seal it with yet.   Learning to sew by trial and error.
I'm part of a crafting team because I swear I could get nothing done without the surervision of Cookie.   At least she thinks so.  She is 10 years old, grey, and has a chronic mouth condition with a big long name that makes life interesting.  She must have been a parrot in her former life because she loves to sit on my shoulders.  People give me weird looks when I'm walking around the yard with her there.
I'm going to be a furgrandma soon, I figure Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
globox
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007 08:30:21 PM »

I just made a wist with the same username, globox. I am a 21yo male with no kids, I have a 9yo cousin who I am teaching to sew though - her name is Matrix, coolest name ever for an equally cool girl. All my cousins are cool with cool names. All my pets have died, which sounds bad but they all died of being really really old. I was a stablehand but am career changing into something less physical as I have parkinsons. I'm off to the coast for the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kyrie04
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2007 05:11:23 AM »

Well...ok here goes. My name is Kyrie and I"m 20. I live in NC 900 miles away from my family. I came up here to go to school but am staying because I love it up here and it's where my boyfriend is from.

I work with adults who have developmental disabilities and will have my social work degree in December! YAY! Smiley I really can't wait for that because I'm so tired of being in school!

I love children and horses and when I graduate plan to go into a field that uses horses as emotional and behavioral therapy for juvenile delinquent teenagers. Rough field, but I'm excited. I have five horses of my own. Two mamas, a daddy, and three babies. I miss them all like crazy!

As for crafting, I LOVE scrapbooking and think it is my greatest skill. My boyfriend and I have been working on one together for over two years now. I have many of our pages posted on here if anyone is interested. I also like sewing and quilting. I'm working on a set of quilts right now to send to Africa for some orphans. I'm trying to get into decoupage and etching. I'm a little scared but it looks like so much fun that I just HAVE to try it.  Cheesy I'm also thinking about beading, cuz I make some good jewelry, and I'm going to be trying my hand at my own bath salts, oils and bubbles. I just started learning to crochet, and it still looks wobbly! But I'm working on it. Smiley

Well, I guess that's it....hope this helps. I can't wait to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hoisin Chicken Wraps Recipe
Asian-Steamed Salmon Recipe
Asian-Style Poached Chicken Recipe
How to Make a Sriracha Side Dish with Bok Choy
A Tasty Sashimi Tuna Tostada Appetizer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...