A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
849 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help finding materials for specific project...  (Read 704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coexist_love
« on: December 09, 2006 12:51:49 PM »

My cousin is getting married in May and she needs to get gifts for her bridesmaids. I showed her the latest edition of BeadStyle and she really  liked the necklace under the section marked "All that Glitters."

She wants the necklace at the moment, and possibly the earrings for six bridesmaids.  The person that created the design sells kits for both but together they cost $90 and for six girls that could get expensive.  I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find any of the following supplies so I could try to price out the design for her.

The supply list includes the following:

NECKLACE:

12 x 18mm Crystal drop component
5 6x15mm two loop crystal drop components
2 10mm two loop flower components
10mm three-loop flower component
6 7mm two-loop channel set components
8-10 in of 2.6mm crystal set chain
4 chain connectors
(The rest I can find easily)

Any help in this venture will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sophisticated Hippie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006 02:30:42 PM »

I dont get BeadStyle but taking a look at what I could see of the picture (small computer screen combined with old eyes) and your shopping list, you can find everything at Firemountain Gems.

http://www.firemountaingems.com

You could also probably find them at Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby.  The crystal set chain may be the one that would be difficult to find at those stores.

The price mentioned sounds like it was for sterling silver or gold-filled findings.  If you can use silver-plate or gold-plate the cost for supplies for ALL the girls should be 1/2 the price of the kit.

You can also find all of those items on ebay but you may not be able to get them from specific seller.

If you have any problems locating the items you need on FMG feel free to private message me and I'll help you with links.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. ~Benjamin Franklin
coexist_love
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006 07:24:58 PM »

I dont get BeadStyle but taking a look at what I could see of the picture (small computer screen combined with old eyes) and your shopping list, you can find everything at Firemountain Gems.

http://www.firemountaingems.com

You could also probably find them at Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby.  The crystal set chain may be the one that would be difficult to find at those stores.

The price mentioned sounds like it was for sterling silver or gold-filled findings.  If you can use silver-plate or gold-plate the cost for supplies for ALL the girls should be 1/2 the price of the kit.

You can also find all of those items on ebay but you may not be able to get them from specific seller.

If you have any problems locating the items you need on FMG feel free to private message me and I'll help you with links.

Wow...thanks. I was having problems finding the setting in particular.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegasgirl
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006 04:11:05 PM »

You might also want to do a search for chandelier supplies. Some of the companies have all sorts of crystal stuff (lots of sizes-limited colors) and sometimes they are a lot cheaper than jewelry supply places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coexist_love
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006 04:44:45 PM »

You might also want to do a search for chandelier supplies. Some of the companies have all sorts of crystal stuff (lots of sizes-limited colors) and sometimes they are a lot cheaper than jewelry supply places.

That's a good idea. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

valeen
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007 03:12:31 PM »

i was looking for components for this same necklace & looked on firemountaingems.co m as suggested, but could not find any of the components in that size. anyone else know of other sites that might carry these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyjunkdesigns
Private Jewelry Making Classes Available-Chain & Maille A Specialty

this is made from a bicycle innertube!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007 05:49:28 PM »

If you could post a bigger picture somewhere and give us the link, I am quite sure that I can get you to one place that will have this stuff.  But...I need to see what type of settings you're talking about, etc.

I don't read the beading magazines anymore so I don't have the opportunity to look at this one.

FJD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently Retired Items are now Jewelry...We Support Various Charities!
http://recentlyre-tired.blogspot.com/
coexist_love
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007 05:54:20 PM »

If you could post a bigger picture somewhere and give us the link, I am quite sure that I can get you to one place that will have this stuff.  But...I need to see what type of settings you're talking about, etc.

I don't read the beading magazines anymore so I don't have the opportunity to look at this one.

FJD

I can scan it tommorrow! It's late right now and I have the magazine just not access to the scanner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...