A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easter 07 Ideas/Plans  (Read 3144 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenangelcat
« on: February 15, 2007 07:47:08 AM »

My daughter will be 16 months old for Easter.  We have never done anything for Easter before so now that we have a toddler in the house we want to start celebrating it (as a celebration of  spring).  I want to make an easter basket for her but I haven't seen any instructions online that pique my interest.  I bought some wheatgrass seeds so I'm going to plant them in either glass vases or mini white pots for decorating the table.  That's all I've got so far.  Do you decorate for Easter?  If so with what? Post your plans and ideas here.

Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Donna
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007 08:45:49 AM »

My son will be 17 months at Easter. We plan on hiding Easter eggs for him outside - he loves putting things in buckets, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled to collect the eggs in a basket instead.

As far as his basket goes, I will assemble one with a purchased basket and some age appropriate toys. Last year, he got beach toys for Easter (which came in handy for our beach trip that was a few months after).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do it big, do it right, and do it with style. Fred Astaire
jenangelcat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007 10:00:49 AM »

I'm debating a treasure hunt with clues in the eggs over just hiding the eggs.  The clues will lead to the basket. It's a bit advanced for her this year but it'll still be fun I think. I see that Easter is at the beginning of April this year which means that the yard will probably still be covered in snow so it'll have to be an indoor hunt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepperSprout
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007 12:27:48 PM »

My son is 2.5 yrs old, so this Easter should be fun!  I am making knitted eggs (and hopefully a knitted bunny)  If I were really ambitious, i'd be felting a basket for him, too, but I highly doubt I'll get to that!

Here's an easy egg pattern:
http://www.curlypurly.com/eggs.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a craft blog,too. 
http://briannecrafts.blogspot.com/
bronzfrog
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007 07:47:42 PM »

Under 2 you have to "hide" the eggs in plain sight.  I made the kids Easter baskets every year with the bunny baskets my Mom made them and a toy I bought.  We colored eggs and had the plastic one with candy in them.  At about 11 or 12 the baskets no longer had a toy but a plastic eggs with a  clue.  Sometimes it took them a while but eventually they got their toy or CD or cash.  I think one year I hid a plastic egg in the bottom of the basket under the grass with $ in it.
In the spring my house is pretty much decorated with frogs.
With all the Easter stuff they have out in places like Hobby Lobby it shouldn't hard to find something you like to decorate with.
I'd probably just do something simple myself like get some spring flowers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
Tarewyn
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Atticus Finch

Saving my sanity, one crafty day at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007 08:33:52 AM »

Our kids range from 9 to 3.  We always hide lots of eggs in plain sight for the littles.  The older kids each get an assigned colour and can only pick up eggs that are that colour ( plastic eggs, duh!) It makes it easy for us to hide eggs for the older kids in harder to get to places.  It also means the toys or candy in the eggs can be tailored for each age group.  Last year dh hid all the oldest boys eggs in the tree tops.  It was a quite a chore for him to reach them all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenangelcat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007 08:42:54 AM »

I've been searching for the perfect easter basket for Hayley.  I finally found it at Michaels with a not so perfect price of $25.00.  I don't know if I can convince myself to buy it for that much money.  It's soo cute though.  It's a purple basket lined with checkered fabric.  I've looked everywhere for something similar and can't find anything close. 

Maybe I can weave my own basket out of sticks from my backyard...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowladybug
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007 03:05:04 AM »

I've been searching for the perfect easter basket for Hayley.  I finally found it at Michaels with a not so perfect price of $25.00.  I don't know if I can convince myself to buy it for that much money.  It's soo cute though.  It's a purple basket lined with checkered fabric.  I've looked everywhere for something similar and can't find anything close. 

Maybe I can weave my own basket out of sticks from my backyard...

Maybe you could find a plain basket and line it yourself with a cute checkered fabric.  It would be cheaper and it would be even more perfect since you made it for her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists-http://www.wists.com/yellowladybug
bronzfrog
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007 05:08:29 PM »

Look at thrift stores for an interesting basket and line it yourself. When you make something your self it becomes something to keep forever.  My mother always used these carnival glass bowls for our basket and when she died my sister gave us each one.  That bowl brings back a lot of memories.  When I was a teen she made bunny baskets and then one for each grandchild as they came along.  My youngest ended up having my bunny basket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
Designersheets
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007 06:03:29 AM »

Since we go to a big easter egg hunt for my hubby's work, I had a practice run with my son when he was about a year old. I put a bunch of plastic eggs on the floor and gave him a basket, not a hard task. When he was done picking them up i gave him a little tootsie roll. When it was time for the big egg hunt, he knew just what to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenangelcat
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007 07:55:25 AM »

That's so sweet, I can't wait.

The basket I wanted was on sale for 40% off so I picked it up and filled it with all sorts of goodies; hand puppets, crayons, beach and gardening toys.  I also started some wheatgrass in these cute little plastic baskets I got from dollarama.  I'm going to tuck some eggs in the grass for a table centerpiece.  We are getting a blast of warmer weather this week, so I'm hoping that the snow will be melted by Easter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mari_13

I knit...therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007 09:46:24 AM »

My son is only 9 months so no hiding eggs for us!  I'm knitting him some eggs - thanks pp for the link - and making this bunny:

http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/store/wee-bunny.html

I'm also going to buy him a toy or two.  I got him a book (Runaway Bunny ha ha) and Peter Pan.  Not sure what else to fill it with.  Maybe his favorite little treats.  I got his basket at Walmart for $6 - I'm cheap!

Mari
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Flare Graffiti
How to Draw a Toucan
How to Make Graffiti Painting
How to Make Graffiti Characters
How to Make Graffiti Cartoons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...