A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie & Kiwi Ongoing Craft Supply Swap - Round 1 (15 Feb to 15 Mar)  (Read 1781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Velvet Rose
« on: February 14, 2007 11:18:27 PM »

SWAP NAME: Aussie & Kiwi Ongoing Craft Supply Swap

ORGANISER: Velvet Rose (formerly enchanted_wool)

SWAP RUNS: February 15 to March 15

SUMMARY:
If you are an Aussie or a Kiwi and want to de-stash unwanted craft supplies  - and get some new ones - then this swap is for you!

HOW IT WORKS:
This is an ongoing swap and works like a chain. It starts with the organiser posting a list and photos of 5 lots of craft supplies that they want to find new homes for.

Somone claims one lot of the craft supplies from the list, and posts their own list in response. Then someone claims from this list and posts their own list - you get the picture!

When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

Once someone claims from you, you have 2 weeks to get the package in the mail. 

HOW MANY CLAIMS DO I GET:
New swappers are allowed to have one claim outstanding at any time, Friend of Craftster get 3 claims and everyone else gets 2 claims. A claim is "outstanding" from the time you post about it to the time your partner receives it.

If the swap stalls (no one claims for several days while your list is up) you should add more craft supply options.

WANT TO JOIN?
To join you need to:

- live in Australia or New Zealand

- have access to a digital camera and/scanner so you can take photos of your craft supplies

- be able to offer at least 5 craft supply options. Each lot of supplies needs to be valued at about $5-$10 (unless you REALLY want to get rid of something which costs more)  Each lot can be made up or one or more items
e.g
Lot 1: 1-2 metres of fabric (all one kind or mixed fabrics)
Lot 2: 1 ball handspun yarn
Lot 3: 3-4 balls of commercial knitting yarn
Lot 4: large bag of yarn scraps
Lot 5: mixed bag of embellishments (buttons, braids, ribbons etc)
Lot 6: bag of wool roving
Lot 7: mixed bag of beads and jewellery findings
Lot 8: mixed scrapbooking supplies

- be able to send the craft supplies within 2 weeks of someone claiming them

To join, first PM the organizer with your answers to Swap Questionnaire below.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
-Name of swap:
-Craftster username:
-Email address:
-Your real name:
-Mailing address:
-Are you a Friend of Craftster or have you been a swap angel (with proof in profile)?:
-Can you offer at least five lots of craft supplies:

Once you are approved, you are free to claim something and post your list.

Swap Organizer meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

A great swap is one where everyone stays in communication with me (the organiser) and their partners. Please PM me and your partner when you send and receive.

And when you post a parcel please keep the receipt in case of problems.

I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS:
Red means this person is maxed out on outstanding claims. He or she may claim again when someone receives from them.

3 Claims Allowed:
Velvet Rose (2 claimed 0 sent 0 received)
geek-pride (2 claimed 0 sent 0 received)

2 Claims Allowed:
ellenade

1 Claim Allowed:
luvcraft[/color] (0 claimed  sent 1 received)

CLAIM SEND-OUTS:
Sent / Received / Late With Communication / Late Without Communication

Send by March 3
Velvet Rose>luvcraft

Send by March 7
luvcraft>geek-pride

Send by March 12
geek-pride>Velvet Rose
Velvet Rose>geek-pride

Send by March 25
geek-pride>luvcraft[/color]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007 06:42:05 PM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007 04:23:30 PM »

Ok

I am going to start the ball rolling.

Here is my list

LOT 1 - 70's SPOT FABRIC

Description: Genuine 70s fabric with huge bright orange, bright green spots on it in and golden yellow swirls. Colours are brighter than the photo.
Type: looks to be a cotton with possibly some linen in it, medium weight
Size: 3m long x 1.3m wide
Uses: a very funky 70's tablecloth, curatin

LOT 2 - 60s FLORAL FABRIC

Description: Genuine vintage fabric with intricate flower design in beige and white on a pale aqua background.
Type: looks to be a rayon - has a silky feel, light weight
Size: 3.6m long x 90cm wide

LOT 3 - 70s FLORAL FABRIC

Description: Genuine 1960s/1970  fabric with bright orange, magenta, mustard and white flowers with light olive leaves on a dark aqua background. Colours are brighter than in the photo
Type: Cotton, medium weight
Size: 2.3m long x 90cm wide

LOT 4 - ENGLISH LEICESTER WOOL LOCKS

Description: Curly wool locks in natural (undyed) shades of greys and browns. Suitable for spinning, needle felting and wet felting
Amount: 250g

LOT 5 - MULTI FIBRE WOOL BATT

Description: A carded wool batt made from lots of different colours of merino wool with a bit of mohair and silk. Suitable for spinning and wet felting
Amount: 200g

LOT 6 - YARN GIRLS KNITTING BOOK - new

LOT 7 - LARGE BUTTERFLY LOOM - new

LOT 8 - SCARF & WRAP WEAVING KITS - new

One is a cream wrap kit and the other is a beige scarf kit. You weave pieces of yarn through them like this:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007 05:06:43 PM by enchanted_wool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

luvcraft
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007 09:56:51 PM »

I claim LOT 2 - 60s FLORAL FABRIC from enchanted_wool

And here are my supplies up for claim:

Lot 1:

Cross stitch book with lots of beautiful designs.

Lot2:

Dried and pressed Flower book - lots of fun things to do with dried or pressed flowers.

Lot3:

1 fat quarter of cotton fabric - featuring flowers in blue and white patterned cups on a black background (tape measure just to give you an idea of the size of the design)

Lot4:

Teddy Bear craft book - lots of different crafts themed around teddy bears - there are teddy bears to make, jerseys to knit, cross stitich designs to name a few.

Lot5:

Pretty all over leaf design on cotton fabric 75cm x110cm

Lot6:

Soft Scupture doll book - designs and instructions for making 11 different soft sculpture dolls - including a baby and a witch.

Lot 7:

Here we have 1 piece of Thomas the Tank Engine fabric 1.17m x 1m cotton and 1 piece of train fabric 1m x 1.1m cotton. (I was going to make a small quilt for my train mad son with the Thomas fabric on the front and the trains as the backing........I never quite got around to making it!)

Lot 8:

A wooden 'dressme' doll.  The top lifts up and you place fabric scraps over the body and then replace the top and ta-da! dressed - I only had a green fabric scrap handy - but you can use ribbons and lace any scraps for dressing.  All she/he needs is a face painted on and maybe some underwear too  Wink

Lot 9:

Cute Debbie Mumm pattern for a wallhanging.

Lot 10:

Dusky Pink knit fabric with a waffle type texture 1.75m

Okay, surely there is something here that someone wants.............. ..  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007 12:13:38 AM by luvcraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007 05:51:41 PM »

Well I already own a copy of the Family Cirlce Crosstitch book!  Cheesy

But I will claim lot 3 : Fat Quarter in cotton featuring flowers in pots! Wink

LOT 1 - Tulip Squares fabric.
There's a 20 cent coin to give you an idea of size.
It feels like cotton but has very good flow and drape so could contain rayon. Measures 2.2m x 1.8m but is made of 3 x 75cm wide pieces sewn together. Very retro and vintage!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap.jpg

LOT 2 - Assorted satin ribbons
Assorted satin ribbons on spools (nylon not silk). Most spools are almost full/unused.
From left to right:
Peach 1cm wide, under 5.5 metres
Peach 6mm wide, never used 9 metres
Dusty pink 1cm wide, under 7 metres
White 1 cm wide, under 7 metres
Red 6mm wide, under 9 metres
Pale blue 6mm wide, under 9 metres
Pale blue 1cm wide, under 7 metres
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_002.jpg

LOT 3 - Crosstitch
Crosstitch kits unopened. Contain patterns and thread. Small (5cm x 5cm), good for homemade greeting cards or on a pocket. Shamrock/clover and perfume bottle design.
Also cross stitch waste fabric - the stuff you use to cross stitch onto normal fabric and then remove, leaving the embroidery on your normal fabric. 14 count, 45cm x 25cm.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_004.jpg

LOT 4 - Cotton Daisy lace
Cotton Daisy lace. 46cm x 78cm. 20 cent coin in picture for size comparison. Good for putting over the top of a coloured fabric for clothing or bags.  Or you can cut them into separate daisies or clusters of daisies without them unravelling. The middle of the petals are thinner. The center of the daisy and the edges of the petals are thicker with satin stitching.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_008.jpg

LOT 5 - Assorted lace
Assorted lengths of nylon lace. Good for edging on clothing or for craft work. The first (from left) wider white lace is 1.9m The thin cream lace is 4m! The Tuxedo lace with the black edging is lots of short lengths and fun to use as a trimming on bags cuffs etc. The brown genuine leather thonging is 2 pieces, 1.5m each which is good for jewellery work or lacing leather work. The other two pieces of lace between the tuxedo lace and the leather thonging are short folded and stitched pieces good for wrist cuffs etc.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_009.jpg
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 08:22:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007 08:58:30 PM »

Ok

I am going to claim lot #4 from geek-pride. This is my second claim.

Here is my list

LOT 1 - 70's SPOT FABRIC

Description: Genuine 70s fabric with huge bright orange, bright green spots on it in and golden yellow swirls. Colours are brighter than the photo.
Type: looks to be a cotton with possibly some linen in it, medium weight
Size: 3m long x 1.3m wide
Uses: a very funky 70's tablecloth, curatin

LOT 2 - 60s FLORAL FABRIC claimed

LOT 3 - 70s FLORAL FABRIC

Description: Genuine 1960s/1970  fabric with bright orange, magenta, mustard and white flowers with light olive leaves on a dark aqua background. Colours are brighter than in the photo
Type: Cotton, medium weight
Size: 2.3m long x 90cm wide

LOT 4 - ENGLISH LEICESTER WOOL LOCKS

Description: Curly wool locks in natural (undyed) shades of greys and browns. Suitable for spinning, needle felting and wet felting
Amount: 250g

LOT 5 - MULTI FIBRE WOOL BATT

Description: A carded wool batt made from lots of different colours of merino wool with a bit of mohair and silk. Suitable for spinning and wet felting
Amount: 200g

LOT 6 - YARN GIRLS KNITTING BOOK - new

LOT 7 - LARGE BUTTERFLY LOOM - new

LOT 8 - SCARF & WRAP WEAVING KITS - new

One is a cream wrap kit and the other is a beige scarf kit. You weave pieces of yarn through them like this:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007 04:47:37 PM »

I've been eyeing it for a while but been indecisive... but I will bite the bullet! I have decided on Velvet Rose's LOT 8 - The wrap and scraf weaving kits.
I have some nice textured yarns in toning colours that would work well with that! Smiley

And that's my second claim.

Your lace is on it's way Velvet Rose!

Here is what I am still offering and some new items to peak some interest (I hope)

LOT 1 - Tulip Squares fabric.
There's a 20 cent coin to give you an idea of size.
It feels like cotton but has very good flow and drape so could contain rayon. Measures 2.2m x 1.8m but is made of 3 x 75cm wide pieces sewn together. Very retro and vintage!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap.jpg

LOT 2 - Assorted satin ribbons
Assorted satin ribbons on spools (nylon not silk). Most spools are almost full/unused.
From left to right:
Peach 1cm wide, under 5.5 metres
Peach 6mm wide, never used 9 metres
Dusty pink 1cm wide, under 7 metres
White 1 cm wide, under 7 metres
Red 6mm wide, under 9 metres
Pale blue 6mm wide, under 9 metres
Pale blue 1cm wide, under 7 metres
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_002.jpg

LOT 3 - Crosstitch
Crosstitch kits unopened. Contain patterns and thread. Small (5cm x 5cm), good for homemade greeting cards or on a pocket. Shamrock/clover and perfume bottle design.
Also cross stitch waste fabric - the stuff you use to cross stitch onto normal fabric and then remove, leaving the embroidery on your normal fabric. 14 count, 45cm x 25cm.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_004.jpg

LOT 4 - Cotton Daisy Lace - Claimed

LOT 5 - Assorted lace
Assorted lengths of nylon lace. Good for edging on clothing or for craft work. The first (from left) wider white lace is 1.9m The thin cream lace is 4m! The Tuxedo lace with the black edging is lots of short lengths and fun to use as a trimming on bags cuffs etc. The brown genuine leather thonging is 2 pieces, 1.5m each which is good for jewellery work or lacing leather work. The other two pieces of lace between the tuxedo lace and the leather thonging are short folded and stitched pieces good for wrist cuffs etc.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_goods_swap_009.jpg

NEW LOTS !

LOT 6 - Green Mystery Yarn
6x 75gm balls of spring green yarn. It may contain a percentage of synthetic or might be completely synthetic. Not sure what ply it is, but I would say 8ply or DK weight. That's my hand for size comparison.
Also included in this lot is this Cleckheaton knitting pattern for hat,  scarves and cardigan. That's the front and back of the pattern booklet which has only 6 pages.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_Swap_005.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_Swap_001.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_Swap_002.jpg

LOT 7 - Panda Celebration Days knitting & Crochet pattern book
Contains patterns for everything for any occasion - birthdays, Valentine's day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Housewarmings etc. Things like baby hats and jumpers, doilies, hats, cushions, throws, slippers tops, bags and lots more.  Here is a link to see some of the patterns in the book.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/40427Craft_Swap_003.jpg

Hope some of this appeals to you! There are some good deals if you're a knitter! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 08:24:01 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007 02:41:21 PM »

Phew, tough crowd...

Makes you feel kind of... rejected  Tongue  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007 04:41:45 PM »

I'm staying far away from swaps right now. Tongue I just managed to finish my second to last swap last night, a week late. Roll Eyes When I am back on my feet, I will be joining back in! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007 05:28:50 PM »

Aw! What a shame!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007 12:29:43 AM »

luvcraft
your parcel has been received so you are free to claim again Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Fireworks Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Copy Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Backlight Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...