A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cascade Fixation help  (Read 380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KnittenChicken
« on: February 14, 2007 01:35:36 PM »

I have one ball that I intended to use for socks for my 4 year old daughter, then decided maybe anklets for me.... however, I had a few false starts, and I'm finding it really hard to get used to!
The label says best knit while yarn is relaxed, but I am a tight knitter, and that is really hard for me. It was very difficult to keep an even tension, something that isn't normally something I struggle with.  Once I worked that out well enough, I got through the heel flap and gusset, and got HORRIBLE ladders along the top of the decrease line on the gusset!  I have had ladder issues at times, but these are HUGE holes (not where I'd picked up stitches, but just between needles).

I got so frustrated, I frogged and quit. Is there a trick, or some tips to knitting with this yarn? I thought it was actually very forgiving, but I think it hates me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunflowerfairy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007 01:41:00 PM »

Sorry you're having so much trouble. I did too. I finally gave the yarn away.   Roll Eyes

It sucked to do, but I ended up hating this yarn so much.

Sorry I can't give any advice.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Misscritta
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007 06:55:26 AM »

I actually made my mom a pair of socks out of this for Christmas and I quite enjoyed it...after the first couple of times that I cursed it and threw it across the room. I didn't leave mine completely relaxed...I kept a little tension in it, and it seemed to help alleviate the spacing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll have a Bloody Mary and a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich, please.
indieanajess
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007 07:05:31 AM »

I'm working with it now, but with windowpane stitch for stockings. I could see how this would be a real pain in the butt for stockinette all the way around. The best thing I could say is after you've made the stitch, but before pulling it off the needle, pull it a little bit. Maybe? Or just use it for lace stuff and the spaces won't matter....  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
AWynkoop
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007 08:47:31 AM »

I also knit a bit tight, and this yarn was not too much fun for me to use either. I had to make sure to loosen up a bit mid row, then give the yarn an extra tug two stitches before and two stitches after I changed from needle to needle to get rid of the ladders... I really do not think I will use it again for socks- mine were not really that comfortable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Position Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Print an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Put an Image Inside of Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Rearrange Layers in Photoshop CS3
How to Remove Acne in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...