A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let Your Pet Dine in Style!  (Read 4516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

disjectamembra
« on: October 18, 2004 10:51:05 AM »

Hi!

Originally I posted this picture as an add-on to another thread, but after the kind response that it brought, I thought that it deserved a thread of its own.  This is our dog Gerald.  He is one rockin' dude and super-cool.  We recently bought our first house and, in celebration of our non-renting status, painted our kitchen black.  Gerald is showing off his new eating area.  The picture is an original watercolor purchased on ebay for $12.00.  A photo would look great too, we just happened to find this. The frame is from a thrift store and was spray-painted white.  I was lucky to find the melamie bowls at Walmart, along with the black mat for the frame, and the material for the curtains - which still need to be hemmed (I get so ahead of myself sometimes). 

(OK, I know a lot of you think WalMart is evil and you have your reasons, but the fact is that you can find some cool stuff there, very cheap.  Also, you can't beat buying fabric for $1.00 per yard.)  So, anyway.....

Hope you enjoy!
http://pandora.hmdnsgroup.com/~boosted/misc/trever/gerald.jpg
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010 01:51:46 PM by pixieval - Reason: removed broken pic link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyferret
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004 11:50:44 AM »

very cute!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004 07:06:39 AM »

How great!  I put a funny pice of art on the wall where my dogs eat, too!  They've never once noticed, but I like it.  I also put down a rag rug under my mutts' bowls, it helps keep the bowls from sliding around and helps keeps the drooly mess contained -- you could do a black shag bathroom rug or something fun. 

Gerald is gorgeous, by the way.  What's his breed/mix?  And congratulations on buying your first new house.  My husband and I did too, just a month ago.  Isn't not renting the greatest thing ever?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
disjectamembra
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004 08:05:00 AM »

Thanks and thanks!  I love the idea about the black shag rug to cut down on the drool spots.  I am going to do exactly that.  The black and white floor is so much fun to look at, not so much fun to clean.  Gerald's drool could put out the sun, and a rug in that area (especially a machine-washable one) would be great. 

To answer your question, Gerald is a Belgian Shepherd Groenendael.  This is a wonderful breed for anybody seriously interested in dogs.  They demand a lot but are so worth it.  You are correct that owning a house is just about the greatest thing ever.  We scrimped and saved for months, since we are not exactly rollin' in dough (My husband's a graphic designer, I am a waitress.)  It was sooooooooooooo worth it!!  Congrats on your house too!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004 11:43:30 AM by disjectamembra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AllieStar
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004 03:08:20 AM »

aaaaahhhhhhhh, so cute! i love when anyone posts crafty things they've made for their cats. i'm seriously devoted to my cat, so i love to see others make things too! congrats on the rent-free house, i know i'd be happy as hell. i'm renting an apartment for $450 a month and i love it, but i can't wait to have the freedom to paint walls(!). and your dog is adorable!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
pipkin2020
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004 08:56:35 AM »

What a stylish hound!  I hope he appreciates his funky dining area, it's soooo cool. 
Well done you, a handsome guy like that deserves more than just a plain old dog bowl.  Groenendaels are such beautiful dogs.  Did you paint your kitchen to match him?  That green is really his colour  Wink
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004 08:58:19 AM by Pipkin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not enough is being done for the apathetic

http://www.pickymiss.com
butterbean
Comptroller of Messes

Puppy juice!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005 01:36:27 PM »

I just found this... Gerald is SUCH a handsome boy.  Looks like he's a sweetie too, and he did definately deserve a cool and funky cafe corner of his very own.

Holly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Picasso_blue_dog
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005 07:37:32 PM »

The idea for a little black rug is a good idea. Maybe even a black bathroom rug cut to size or something. I own a shag rug which my dogs eat on (the carry bits of kibble to the Den and then eat) the problem is the shag holds all the crumbs!! I use a cute placemat under their bowls as I have a black and white checkered kitchen floor as well. It is a vinyly kinda placemat so I can just throw it in the sink and sponge it off when it gets icky. Anyway beautiful pup and kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never eat more than you can lift---Miss Piggy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pipe a Cake
How to Make a Toblerone Cheesecake
Pumpkin Muffins Topped With Cinnamon Sugar
Gluten-Free Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
How to Make Grand Marnier Salted Caramel Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...